Bellator XIII Quick Results.

Bellator Fighting Championships  kicked off Season 2 tonight with the first fights in the promotions  lightweight and featherweight tournaments.

It was a night that witnessed the favorites comeout victorious in battles that were much closer than most imagined.

complete results for Bellator XIII   are listed below:

Chris Manuel def. Ralph Acosta by guillotine choke submission – Round 3, 0:35
Mikey Gomez def. Moyses Gabin by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Georgi Karakhanyan def. Bao Quach by knockout – Round 1 – 4:05
Joe Warren def. Eric Marriott by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Roger Huerta def. Chad Hinton by knee bar submission – Round 3, 0:56
Carey Vanier def. Joe Duarte by TKO – Round 3
Edson Diniz def. John Kelly by heel hook submission – Round 1, 4:36
Vagner Rocha def. Francisco Soares by TKO – Round 2, 2:07

• inkythewinky says:

im so mad, the fsn here in ohio decided to play some basketball cavaliers news show followed up with the poker tour, under the name of bellator (recorded bellator and got basketball then poker instead) weak-sauce!

• xtreme_machine says:

Good fights

looking forward to the next show

Yea they had a decent night of fights just wondering why huerta wasn’t the main event?

• Colin says:

I love being able to watch Bellator now, but this was not the greatest broadcast, at least in Boston on Comcast Sports Network. The start was delayed thirty minutes, even though there was no live sports event being broadcast as was the case in many other markets. Then they just picked up the action where it was at that time, so we didn’t get to see the Insane Georgi knockout of Bao Quach. Twice they cut to commercial early, before the round was even over one time. My last bit of whining is that I miss John Anik and Jason Chambers.
    Other than that, I really enjoyed the fights. They’re gonna be some good tournaments this season. Can’t wait to go watch a live event when Bellator comes to New England.

• Jstew3785 says:

I can’t believe I missed this! I was watching FSN and it was some stupid fucking fishing bullshit. It said “Bellator Fighting Championships” but it was some fat ass old dude in some stupid fucking hat with fishing lures all over it. Anyone know when they’re going to show this on NBC?

• Guthookd says:

Man, I’m sorry you guys missed it. In my area it was on CSNBA, not FSN (which we don’t have).

There were some good fights.

Georgi looked pretty good. Bao was working him in the GnP section until Georgi caught him.

Warren just plan laid on Marriott the whole 15 mintues. Any one who has a problem with GSP or Fitch using wrestling will hate this guy. Marriott did a good job with some submission attempts that were damn close, but Warren had the wet blanket working for him. His wrestling is great, but he still needs a ton of work IMO.

Huerta/Hinton was a great fight. That Hinton dude is tough and took Roger for a ride I didn’t expect. If Hinton wasn’t already in his late 30’s I’d say that guys has a career in front of him; maybe he still does. I think he could fight in Strikeforce and do well at lightweight. Roger did a great job though. He eventually finished with a tight knee bar after a long battle that saw him in a bit of trouble at times.

Vanier/Duarte was a great fight. Duarte would have won it, I thought, if he’d had more gas in the tank. He took the fight on like a week’s notice, so after doing pretty well for the first two rounds he just had to stop working. I was not too impressed with Vanier. I think Roger will crush him easily.

Those are the only four they showed.

Overall I thought the even was pretty decent, but you could tell the production quality was lacking. They must use cheaper cameras to film these lower level events. The commentators were decent.

One thing is for sure…with a new Bellator every week my Thursday nights just got a hell of a lot better.

WAR BELLATOR>

• Utter bullshit. It was shown two hours late to begin with and then an hour of the telecast was pre-empted by Dallas Stars post-game and a fishing show.

5Oz said it best on their twitter… “Quickly reality sets in with the Bellator FSN deal.”

If this is the kind of crap the fans are going to deal with week to week, Bellator better be scrambling for a better TV deal for season 3 or there might not be a season 4.

• Jstew3785 says:

Sergio, you must be in the DFW area too.

• Sergio, you must be in the DFW area too.  (Quote)

Yep, yep. Live in Lewisville, working in Arlington, sometimes train in Hurst. I’m all over the place!

• inkythewinky says:

jstew, sergio- i used to live in arlington and worked at six flags , best job i ever had lol

• Jstew3785 says: