UFC 110 coming to Spike TV on April 17

New York, NY, April 5, 2010 – Spike TV presents an encore presentation of the star-studded “UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez” fight card featuring many of the sport’s biggest names including Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva, Mirko Cro Cop, Cain Velasquez, Joe Stevenson, and Michael Bisping, among others on Saturday, April 17 at 9:00pm ET/PT. “UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez” took place at the sold-out Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia on Saturday, February 20.

Spike TV’s telecast will include the following bouts:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Anthony Perosh

Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster

For the latest news, information and videos on “The Ultimate Fighter” and the UFC on Spike TV, log onto ultimatefighter.com.

Spike TV is available in 98.6 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), MTV Networks is one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.

• fanoftna33 says:

I am glad i get to watch this event, but I will be watching it on my dvr as SF will be on live.

• qat says:

no surprise there, counter-programming to sf.

btw. anyone knows why i cant watch videos on ultimatefighter.com in germany anymore? it just does not make sense to not let others watch it, does it? and its not like its available in other forms here.
    im pretty pissed since i was in the middle of season 2, and from one day to another it just wouldnt work anymore, saying “Sorry, Videos are not available in your country.”, great.

• Jstew3785 says:

This was a very entertaining card, one of the more entertaining cards recently. Definitely setting the DVR for this one.

• inkythewinky says:

cool that they are doing it, uncool they are counter programing

• Guthookd says:

Go Strikeforce. I have no interest in rewatching 110.

• Dufresne says:

DVR is the best thing since bacon. I can watch SF live and then rewatch UFC 110 later that evening. It’s a win-win!

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

kind of undermines Dana’s statements about sf not being a threat to the UFC. If they aren’t legit, why bother with counter programming?

• danw84 says:

Well even if someone isn’t yet a threat, there is no reason to let them become one. It’s just a business move.

Regardless, I can’t wait to watch SF. I don’t really care to see 110 again, but it’s good that people who missed it can see it now. I wouldn’t really understand the decision to watch this over SF though…

SF isn’t a threat but it’s business and the more of the pie UFC let’s them have the longer they will be hanging around… Counter programming with a replay isn’t meant to have more viewers than the live SF card, it’s meant to minimize there success- seriously with all the investing and growth UFC has done lately do you really think it would kill them to put on live counter programming for the next 2 SF events?? But they aren’t a threat and UFC can control the piece of the market SF does have with out spending a fortune and I’m sure after watching other promotions come and go with out UFC having to make any major moves I’m sure they’ll let SF’s fate play out in similar fashion… But rest assured if they do gain some significant ground on the UFC I’m sure DW and co. Will bring out the big guns and do what they gotta do.with SF it will never get to that point they are already up to there necks in confusion and at times seem to be unsure of what the next move is…
    I don’t dislike SF I’m just disapointed that with all the growth in MMA this co. Is the #2 promotion… It’s mind boggling.

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

Oh, no… I get it; it was actually more of a rhetorical statement. MMA is synonamous with the UFC. Although avid followers o the sport will have ahigher likelihood to watch SF, the replay presents a cheap opportunity to draw in new viewers. This coinicides with the UFC’s decision to re sign fighters like Baroni, Renzo Gracie, etc… not so much to grab talent, as to deny SF the opportunity to sign big names.