“Strikeforce: Nashville” workout pics

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (March 17, 2010) – The six fighters who will appear on the STRIKEFORCE World Championship Tripleheader on The CBS Television Network on Saturday, April 17 (9 p.m. ET/PT) – five of which are ranked among the top five in their respective weight classes – participated in an open media workout on St. Patrick’s Day at Legends MMA Training Center.

In the main event, Dan Henderson (25-7), who fights out of Temecula, Calif., and is one of the most decorated fighters in MMA history, will make his STRIKEFORCE debut when he challenges Jake Shields, the STRIKEFORCE World Middleweight Champion (24-4-1) of San Francisco, who has won 13 in-a-row and is unbeaten since December 2004.

The talented Gegard Mousasi (27-2-1), of Armenia, will put a 15-fight winning streak and his STRIKEFORCE World Light Heavyweight crown on the line against one of the most confident, fastest-rising fighters in the world, King Mo (6-0), of Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Gilbert Melendez (17-2), of San Francisco by way of Santa Ana, Calif., will make his first defense since regaining the STRIKEFORCE World Lightweight belt against Japanese superstar Shinya Aoki (23-4), who has won three straight and six of his last seven.

Tickets are on sale at the Bridgestone Arena ticket office, all Ticketmaster locations (800) 745-3000, Ticketmaster online (www.ticketmaster.com) and STRIKEFORCE’S official website (www.strikeforce.com).

Photos courtesy of Strikeforce/Esther Lin (click to enlarge):

• bigbadjohn says:

What the hell is this? The Nashville event sponsored by GQ? are these fighters or Calvin Klein models? -check out king mo getting lost in Gegards dreamy eyes

• fanoftna33 says:

I am looking forward to this event way more than any ufc card coming up. I dont mind the time between SF cards especially as they usually load them with great fights unlike the ufc who give us 1-3 good match ups and then a bunch of prelims. I would really like to see the ufc add a challengers type show and build up some more quality fighters for the ppv.

• Dufresne says:

This is less than two hours away from me, but it’s the weekend before my Monday midterm. F-ing school just found another way to screw my life.

A photo shoot like this doesn’t really sell a fight…?

One big happy family… let’s all do a group photo now… yaay!

Hey best of luck to you man I hope we can both win the fight, that would be great!!

I wonder if Coker drove everybody to the shoot in the patridge family bus…Aoki and King Mo singing the wheels on the bus go round and round.

• bigbadjohn says:

Hahaha good one RR. i can see it now… Mr. Coker driving as Mrs. Coker leads ‘the boys’ in 99 bottles of beer on the wall

• davidgwcg says:

• Gator says:

Why is “Shields – Henderson” the main event? In my opinion both the other fights are more intersting

• JOEgun says:

Ha! these comments were funny. Thanks for the laughs. Yea, I think Jake put on some mass. He’s gonna need every bit of muscle he can put on to even come close to being a potential threat to Hendo. An upset would be shocking yet interesting. And GO GEGARD!! F HIM UP!!

• ctownhood says:

davidgwcg: Is it me or is Jake look like he is putting on some size and his face looks a little bloated?

I think it’s more that he isn’t cutting any weight, as opposed to packing it on. He doesn’t appear to be all that much smaller than Hendo IMO

• LiverPunch says:

Every single comment Rece Rock has made about SF has been negative and it is now just boring. Hey Rece we get it you don’t like SF or M1. Yawn!.