King Mo tells Gegard Mousasi he’s going to sleep on April 17 (Video)

One of the few fighters in the business that seems to truly grasp how vital the marketing aspect of the sport can be to the development of your career, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal recently caught up with his future opponent, Strikeforce light heavyweight title holder Gegard Mousasi, at the “Strikeforce: Nashville” open workout and let the current champion have a piece of his mind.

King Mo: You like sleeping?

Gegard Mousasi: On my free time, yes.

King Mo: Ok, well you’re going to have plenty of free time on April 17th.

Gegard Mousasi: Good job.

King Mo: 1 – Gegard: 0

Check out Mo doing one of the things he does best in the video below provided by the guys over at MiddleEasy:

King Mo and Mousasi sharing a few words from MiddleEasy on Vimeo.

• hindsightufuk says:

I really, really want Gegard to obliterate Mo. Nothing against Mo, i just want this to be the time everyone says, oh ok, that was impressive

• danw84 says:

He sleeps when he has free time, he doesn’t get free time because hes asleep. Not really all that good of a line…

• danw84 says:

Regardless, I like Mo. I want to keep seeing him do well, he’s an exciting fighter, but I don’t want him to win this one. I’d like him to get a loss on there, get rid of a bit of this attitude he has about being so awesome.

But I think he’ll do well in the sport.

• bigbadjohn says:

a first round stoppage would be damn impressive against the bigger wrestler

• I don’t mind trash talking, as long as they can back it up later. In this case I doubt the best trash talker can back it up later 😉

• fanoftna33 says:

I like both of these guys but really in this fight I think it will be a bit of a coming out fight for King Mo where people will truly see what kind of a fighter he will become. I like Mousasi but after the way Sokodju manhandled him in round 1 of there fight I belive King Mo will win by UD. I just dont see Mousasi being able to keep up with Mo who can take this fight down at will if he gets in any trouble at all standing, and his power will be enough to even out the striking i think.

Umm it’s more like gergard-1 and Mo zip…

I think telling a big mouth good job after his little one liner that he thought about all
    day is far more entertainng and proves that he is really not that concerned … Good job = are you finshed yet? Cause you can pretend all you want but you pose no threat to me…

Gergard for the win…

• Dufresne says:

My only concern here for Mousasi is the trouble he had against Sokoudjou’s wrestling in the first round. Once he got himself separated it the second he could use his far superior striking, but he seemed to have a lot of issues with that level of wrestling.
    Hopefully he’s been working on his takedown defense and he puts on a clinic against a bigger, louder opponent and he finally gets the respect he deserves.

• bigbadjohn says:

or as James Toney would say ‘bring your favorite pillow from home’

• Gator says:

Awesome fight. Just sad Mousasi want get the credit he deserves for beating Lawal. People don’t really get what a good fighter Lawal is.

• moosebaby02 says:

who hasent heard that line before?
    weak

• Makington says:

I am very critical of Sokoudjou as a fighter, but that isn’t to see I don’t think he’s talented as hell. He is a legit black belt at judo, has huge size and power, and pretty good, although wild, boxing. All that doesn’t help though when he still can’t make it to round 2. Frankly, I wasn’t surprised at all that Sokoudjou could take Gegard down when he wanted because there wasn’t much of a way to stop him. He’s huge, technical, and he WILL spend too much energy going for it. I think Gegard knows King Mo won’t get tired so fast and won’t let himself get bullied around.

I think this fight will be a perfect example of how proper technique takes years to hone and perfect.

• cdrg says:

Gegard is going to add one more W to his resume. but i want to see him in the UFC. no matter how much some people hate the ufc, its the place every fighter wants to reach, and Gegard defenetly deserves to be there

• Unabomberman says:

I’m rooting for Mousasi, but that, as usual, does not bode well for him. I have a feeling that Mo might take this one via Sonnen beatdown.

• Niv says:

Nothing like beating a guy who barely speaks English at trash talking.

I see Mousassi winning where it counts.

If you see many of Moussasi’s fiights he’s generally a slow starter and doesn’t mind working from his back where he’s excellent at submissions.

King Mo better not get too comfortable if he gets him down onto his back, Moussasi is slick and composed like his training partner Fedor.

• cdrg says:

“Good job, good job” hahaha. i’ll give that one to Mousasi as well as the fight. i think MO felt stupid after the good job comment

• diceman says:

Mousasi is a devastator. And I think that strikeforce is throwing Mo in with the lions a tad too early.

But I give him credit, he has a lot of balls for guy with a paltry 6-0 record (with the biggest names being Wiuff and Whitehead). Gegard has currently one of the most intimidating records in all of MMA (won his last 15 against some very tough guys, and most wins were quick KO’s)

• I am excited for this fight. Mo is going to get owned and have to start from scratch. This will be good for him.

• inkythewinky says:

that jester mo, he should watch his mouth talking to king gegard

• 3OAM says:

• diceman says:

3OAM: Yeah. Gegard Mousasi is going to have a lot of free time on April 17th. He’s going to work for just a few minutes, get a W and get paid more money than I’m going to see in my lifetime.

Yeah i could have just said I agreed and moved on, but this post really cracked me up.

BTW where was I when Gegard dropped M-1 management? Good decision Gegard.