Georges St-Pierre and Dan Hardy return to Spike TV’s “UFC Primetime” on Wednesday, March 17

New York, NY, March 16, 2010 – The second episode of the three part series, UFC Primetime®, features more tough talk between UFC® champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Dan Hardy as they prepare for their world welterweight title clash at UFC 111: ST-PIERRE vs. HARDY. The new episode premieres Wednesday, March 17 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on Spike TV.

Dan Hardy on Georges St-Pierre:

As far as saying I’m not a martial artist…Because he walks out in the Octagon in his pajamas he’s a martial artist and I’m not?

He knows nothing about me…I’ve been doing martial arts my whole life. I’ll brawl…but I think about what I’m doing. I’m a cerebral fighter.

Martial arts is about going to war… and it’s about messing people up. And that’s what I’m going to do.

Dan Hardy on his workout:

My workout is the winning formula. You can’t put muscles here (pointing to his face). And that’s all I’m aiming for… He can jump higher than me. He can lift trucks. It makes no different to me. When I connect on his chin he can lift all he wants…he’s still going down.

Georges St.-Pierre on his training:

I train myself to fight an army of guys. By training myself to fight an army of guys, one man cannot break me.

March 27 I am going to beat Dan Hardy and stay world champion. The war is on now. The war has already started.

Matt Serra on Dan Hardy:

Not a lot of guys give Dan a chance. I know what that feels like. I know what it’s like to prove people wrong. There are a lot of people you are going to give a big F.U. to win when you win the fight.

Nate Marquardt on the fight:

There is going to be a point in this fight when Hardy realizes he shouldn’t be in there with Georges and he is way in over his head. That’s where the fight is going to turn. And it’s going to be all Georges.

“UFC Primetime,” produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®), is a look into the lives of perhaps the world’s best pound for pound fighter, St-Pierre, and Hardy, the man looking to unseat him at the top of the welterweight ladder. As the two prepare for their meeting in late March, Spike TV will present three special weekly installments that will take viewers across the pond to Nottingham, England as Hardy trains with the rest of his Rough House team, and back to North America to Montreal to see how St-Pierre, one of the most beloved athletes in Canada, is preparing for his title defense. “UFC Primetime” delivers an extraordinary amount of access to two of mixed martial arts’ best, as they head into what could be the signature fight of 2010 at UFC 111.

UFC 111 will air live on Pay-Per-View Saturday, March 27 from the Prudential Center, in Newark, NJ at 10:00 PM ET/ 7:00 PM PT.

• Guthookd says:

Have to agree with Nate on this one. GSP has it. His chin is the only weakness he has.

• Makington says:

I don’t even think GSP’s chin is that bad as people say it is. Yeah, yeah he got KO’d by Serra, but Serra can hit pretty damn hard if he connects flush, and he rocked GSP quite a few flush shots. Serra also one shot KO’d Trigg recently as well. Also worth mentioning is that more than once did Serra’s blows land right on the back of GSP’s head. Not faulting Serra, since you can’t aim those shots when it’s all happening that fast, but they sure do mess up your equilibrium. I don’t think Hardy has the power to drop GSP in one shot. Let’s not forget Alves landed some good shots too when he got on top os GSP in round 4 (or 5?) and he has to hit harder than Hardy, but it didn’t even hurt Rush.

Dan Hardy really knows how to sell a fight, I’ll give him that. For a couple weeks I really thought Hardy had a chance at pulling the upset, then I realized that the only person who thinks that is him, and I was just listening to him too much. It’s like when I thought Florian had a chance against Penn, then I realized that I’m listening too much to the fight hype and he didn’t really have a chance.

• hindsightufuk says:

i’m so excited for this fight, finally a englishman i am proud to support gets a title fight.
    i give a fuck if he deserves it, just wish him the best. i dont even wanna see Georges lose, and i wont be gutted if he wins, i like both these guys, but Dan is just too local to not root for. i just wanna see a decent fight

Nate hit it on the head-
    Dan Hardy can be as confident as he wants but I think GSP wins this one 9 out of 10 times and thats being nice…
    I definately think Hardy hasn’t faced the competition nescassary to atleast warrant the title shot but it is what it is…

Im actually not a fan of GSP, but I hope he beats hardy badly enough to respect GSP’s training… cause as much as I’m not a fan of GSP I respect his training and focus.

• cdrg says:

OK, so GSP got Tko’d once, not ko’d but TKO’d and now he has a weak chin? I agree with Makington, Serra has heavy hands and if he connects on any one that has a decent chin with a flush shot, there getting a knocked out, and if you have a good chin and you get hit with a bonch of them your gona get tko’d. But hey Hardy could get lucky just like Serra did.
    GSP took serra lightly but i think he learned from his mistake.

• Dufresne says:

Yeah, I guess I’m still on the GSP bandwagon here as well. All this talk with Dan Hardy is centered around one thing; GSP got beat by another powerful puncher once upon a time. Dan Hardy’s only shot is his only gameplan at this point, hit GSP in the face and hope that it’s enough. That was also Alves’s plan and that worked out well…

• moosebaby02 says:

listen i love the know one is given me a chance attitude being 5’4 myself but there is something about this clown hardy that just seems that he is going on the one fluke loss to serra to show no respect towards GSP. Maybe im reading it all wrong but that over cockiness “putting fist to face as much as possible” crap is just retarded. does he really think thats all it’s going to take.
    I guess if you know you really really dont deserve to be there than might as well make the best of it going out in a blaze of glory

• moosebaby02 says:

• Dufresne says:

moosebaby02: hey i will give it to hardy on selling this fight though. it went from one i didnt really care about to one i cant wait to see

A-Freaking-Men

He’s actually clever enough to make me want to watch this bout due mostly to his talking.