Rich Franklin replaces Tito Ortiz on The Ultimate Fighter Season 11

FiveOuncesofPain.com reported earlier this afternoon that Rich Franklin would likely be replacing Tito Ortiz in an upcoming light heavyweight showdown with Chuck Liddell, and it now appears that Franklin was enlisted to replace Ortiz as a coach during the recent taping of the eleventh season of The Ultimate Fighter as well.

The possibility of the late coaching switch was first reported by MMAJunkie.com and FiveOuncesofPain.com has received the same information through sources close to the situation.

Those same sources further indicated to 5 Oz. that Franklin was pegged to fill in for Ortiz at some point midway through the taping of TUF 11, which recently concluded.

Liddell and Ortiz had been expected to face off for the third time at the conclusion of TUF 11, but an unexpected twist of events appears to have Rich Franklin tabbed to meet with “The Iceman” at UFC 115.

Franklin is no stranger to The Ultimate Fighter, as the former UFC middleweight champion was the featured coach during the second season, and a guest coach on season four.

• Connor Cobain says:

Well if Tito isn’t doing the rest of the show or the match up that means he is back in a feud with the UFC. Dammit I want to see him get his ass kicked.

• 3OAM says:

He probably got so much crap from the fighters off camera (and probably on camera) about how they’ve all seen his wife naked, getting slammed.

• jj says:

It’s been so long since I’ve seen a good Tito fight that I’m not even interested anymore. I think he’s done.

Tito is a big mouth who rarely backs it up. Look at his record, there is nothing but losses unless you count the wins over “The worlds most dangerous man” Ken Shamrock. What’s left? Some split decision wins over Forrest and Belfort sixty events ago.

All I expect from Tito is a bunch of lame smack talk, a decision outcome followed by infinite excuses. I’d rather watch Kimbo.

Dana white says via his Twitter that he’s still cool with Tito?
    I wonder what happen??
    My prediction- something is wrong with titos health and he cant compete so instead of letting him complete the series and have another post poned fight they just replaced him…
    I think we see Tito on the mic and out of the octagon going forward- IMO

DW says franklins fightin Randy not chuck…?

Who knows what’s going on ?

• Dufresne says:

I don’t care if Rich and Chuck fight, all I can say to this is HELL YES!. I love Franklin. These up and comers could do a lot worse than learning from these two. Tito was a pretty decent coach last time around, but he’s such a d-bag that I was worried he was gonna rub off on the fighters. At least this way we have two class act former champs teaching the new generation.

• egad81 says:

Wasnt Tito saying something about his wife being pregnant….. ?

• kevmma says:

tito’s twitter says “this is news to me” and dana’s says “franklin vs. randy”.. i think this report is false

• Madmax says:

wifeinthong: Just make the shit up it would be more true then your stupid reporting hopefully your not gettin paid LOL

A bit harsh today, are we???

• […] it was no more an an hour later that FiveOuncesofPain.com received information from multiple sources close to the situation indicating that Franklin had actually been tabbed to […]

• […] news that comes as no surprise to FiveOuncesofPain.com readers, the UFC has confirmed that  Chuck Liddell  will face off with Rich Franklin as the main event […]

• dnoiz2009 says:

Jenna Jameson had a miscarraige and Tito has to leave the show and Franklin replaces him I dont know what they’ll say on the show but thats the real story.