Kimbo vs. Mitrione set in stone for UFC 113

After a series of unfounded rumors speculating that the bout had been scrapped, a heavyweight showdown first reported by FiveOuncesofPain.com between Kimbo Slice and Matt Mitrione is now official, again, for UFC 113.

The pair of TUF 10 veterans will duke it out in Vancouver, Canada on May 8.

The UFC has finalized the already expected bout on it’s website.

Kimbo will be looking to improve his official UFC record to 2-0 with a recent lackluster unanimous decision over Houston Alexander during the TUF 10 Finale in December, while Mitrione notched his first pro UFC victory over Marcus Jones with a brutal knockout during the same event.

• Dufresne says:

This won’t be a technical fight to say the least, but it should be entertaining. I’m curious to see Kimbo’s “improved” ground game, although I don’t think it’s gonna be near good enough to do anything against Mitrione since the much more talented Marcus Jones failed to have success on the ground.

Hopefully this fight doesn’t go past the first, I can’t stand seeing these guys holding their knees at the end of two rounds.

• Bad Monkey says:

Scott Junk can’t fight no mo!

Somebody’s getting KO’d in this one, most likely in the first round. Mitrione may be a dufus, but I don’t think he’ll just dance around waiting for Kimbo to do something like Houston Alexander did. Mitrione has shown he’s got a good chin and he hits very hard plus he’s got a good reach over Kimbo.

• matt says:

Everbody makes a big deal about Kimbo’s stand up, but really it is not all that good. His hands are slow and the unreal power that people make him out to have is untrue. He also is not a good defensive fighter on the feet and his chin has failed him in the past. Minitrone packs a big puch and a granite chin. Although I just ripped Kimbo’s stand up ability i do believe he has the more technical stand up in this fight, but I still see him being knocked out in the first round.

• fanoftna33 says:

Tjis will be fun while it lasts, but I think with Mitreones athletic background he will be picking things up a lot faster than Kimbo and Matt should be able to get the win here assuming his cardio is up to par. Although Kimbo looked good against Houston and fighting back at HW will really help his gas tank out so I hope he lands the big right for a ko, I just dont think it will.

• RoadsideGraphix says:

mattKimbo’s stand up, but really it is not all that good. His hands are slow and the unreal power that people make him out to have is untrue.

Have you spared with Kimbo?

If you have not…How can you say what power he has?

• KTru says:

UFC 113 is in Montreal, Cory

and glad to see this fight hold up as opposed to Kimbo v Toney

• moosebaby02 says:

i hope this is not going to be one of those fights we all are waiting to see cause someone is suppose to get koed and then “After three rounds we go to the score cards”

• Angry Mike says:

Hopefully Mitrione’s cardio has improved since TUF. If not, he’ll be gassed just by walking to the octagon. If he’s in shape, though, I’m going with him. He has some heavy hands and a pretty good chin.

• matt says:

RoadsideGraphix: Have you spared with Kimbo?If you have not…How can you say what power he has? This fight is going to be really good for one of these guys or really bad for both.  (Quote)

Are you and idiot?

You do not need to spar with somebody to see if they have power or not. I am not a professional fighter and of course Kimbo could knock me out. That is completely besides the point though. Kimbo is hyped up to have unreal power and he has yet to show it in any of his fights. Kimbo has fought guys who are known for possesing weak chins and has been unable to knock any of them out. James Thompson has been tko’ed or ko’ed in 10 of his 12 losses to guys no one has ever heard of but he ate every puch that kimbo landed and never went down. The fight did end in a tko but it was a horrible called made by the ref who was most likely persuaded by the scums running elite xc at the time. Kimbo also landed his biggest shot on Housten Alexander who is know for his weak chin and never even phased him. Kimbo’s power is overrated and you are not the smartest mma fan around but hey atleast you follow the sport bud.

• Guthookd says:

I hope Kimmy wins, but I won’t be surprised if one of Matt’s wild ass hay-makers comes though. If it goes past the first I pick Kim, but if it stops in the first I think it will be Matt with his hand up.

This will be number two for Kimbo, so if he wins this one I hope they throw him to the wolves and give him Chuck. Chuck’s been wanting to beat him down since Elite XC, so it will be fun for him…and on the other hand if Kimbo managed to win that he could retire with a job well done.

• inkythewinky says:

Guthookd: I hope Kimmy wins, .  (Quote)

lmao u called him kimmy lmao!!

• manny says:

KIMBO BY KO IN THE 1ST ROUND

GETTING FERG!

I think Kimbo has so much to prove that the pressure alone is a challenge before he even touches gloves with his opponent… with that said I feel Kimbo will probably always be the under dawg in the rest of his fights with the UFC and for some reason I just gotta root for the guy?! I dunno I guess I just want to see the guy improve and do good for himself…

• dstager says:

Kimbo sucks a big dick, and you losers who love his nuts so much will get to taste his limp-dick pansy ass once he fags up this little shindig for the last time. OMG his ground game has improved BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS (because he had shit to begin with). You Kimbo fans can suck my big black dick.

• inkythewinky says:

dstager: i want to suck a big dick, and I love his nuts so much, hope to get to taste his limp-dick pansy ass once he fags up this little shindig for the last time. OMG his ground game has improved BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS (because he had shit to begin with). for my birthday i want to suck a big black dick.  (Quote)

i have no idea how your first post was edited so much, luckily i found your original, cheers!

• mu_shin says:

How ’bout we leave the sexual innuendo to the geniuses at Sherdog?

Mitrione showed me nothing in his time on TUF, and while he did some damage to Marcus Jones in his last fight, Jones (I believe now retired) is not exactly a world beater in MMA. Mitrione can punch, but can he do the work to get ready for a fight and show up with some kind of focus and professional level conditioning? On the show he seemed lazy, kind of loco, and was full of excuses. Hope he brings a better game to this upcoming fight.

Kimbo may be an overhyped commodity, but the guy shows up in shape, and as far as I can see, has given his best effor in all of his matches, except perhaps the Petruzelli flash knockout. No, he’s not a great MMA fighter and most likely never will be, but he is compelling to watch, continues to bring attention and new fans to the sport, and seemed like a pretty humble guy on TUF. I can’t hate him for trying to make a living, and wish him well against Matt Mitrione.

• danw84 says:

I REALLY don’t understand the Kimbo haters. What did he do to deserve your hatred? He works hard, he’s willing to learn, he’s FAR more humble than many other fighters and he overall seems to care about what he’s doing and improve as a fighter.

Just because you don’t like the situations OTHER PEOPLE have put him in or don’t agree with the things OTHER PEOPLE have said he can do regarding ability, doesn’t make him a bad guy.

I for one can’t stand that excuse filled punk Mitrione, and I hope Kimbo lays him out.