Sengoku 12 Results

Sengoku 12 is in the books as the event recently unfolded in Tokyo, Japan on Sunday.

Jorge Santiago managed to hang onto his middleweight title in a rematch with Mamed Khalidov in the main event of the evening, while former UFC fighter Akihiro Gono also ended up in the winner’s circle with a unanimous decision over Diego Gonzalez.

A full list of results from the event are below:

Jorge Santiago def. Mamed Khalidov via unanimous decision

Akihiro Gono def. Diego Gonzalez via unanimous decision

Maximo Blanco def. Chang Hyun Kim via knockout (punches) – Round 1

Marlon Sandro def. Tomonari Kanomata via knockout (punch) – Round 1

Yoshihiro Nakao def. Henry “Sentoryu” Miller via TKO (punches) – Round 2

Yuji Hoshino def. Nick Denis via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2

Leonardo Santos def. Kiuma Kunioku via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1

Shigeki Osawa def. Kyung Ho Kang via unanimous decision

• hindsightufuk says:

anyone see this?

• KRS 27 says:

Surprised Santiago won.

Anyway, man Marlon Sandro is a monster, this kid is the real deal, he got screwed in the FW GP, I think Hioki should get first title shot at Kanehara since he should have been in the finals if he wasnt hurt, but Sandro is right there, he is coming for the SRC FW title.

and maybe its just me, but this is probably the 1 fighter if I could pick any fighter, this is the one kid I’d pick to be in the WEC FW div.

Imagine this kid and Aldo fighting down the road? He is for real.

I know WEC just signed “The Korean Zombie” to a deal, thats awesome, he was a top prospect from SRC.

I’d love to see WEC get Joe Soto, Sandro, Hioki, Bibiano and Hellboy, but thats a bit of a stretch.

But I really hope to see this kid in the WEC cage one day standing across from Jose Aldo or Faber or Brown. He is the real deal, he is only getting better.

Its time SRC give him legit real fights that will test him, he should be getting a title shot.

Give him a rematch with Omigawa, give him Hioki, give him Kanehara. Enough of the weak fights that are one sided,

• LiverPunch says:

Mamed vs Santiago was what a MMA fight should be. A great fight, it had GnP, sub attempts, reversals and a good display of striking. Very evenly matched too, the whole fight it was swinging back and fourth between the 2. For me one of the fights of the year. The only down side was that they gassed a little in the later rounds but who can blame them.

• LiverPunch says:

• LiverPunch says:

LiverPunch: Oh forgot to mention that now it is 1 all I guess they will have a third. I will look forward to a rematch for sure.  (Quote)

hindsightufuk: anyone see this?  (Quote)

People negative tick the strangest things.

• hindsightufuk says:

ha, i was thinking the same thing. i look forward to watching this when i can find it Download