Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Lee Hinkle scratched from “Adrenaline MMA V” (Updated)

First it was Wes Sims, and now Brandon Lee Hinkle is out of an anticipated showdown with former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia during “Adrenaline MMA V“.

Sylvia recently broke the news that the expected clash between the two was off on his Twitter account:

Hinkle fight is off something else is in the works now.

Sims had previously been designated as Sylvia’s opponent before the event before the TUF 10 cast member was deemed as an unacceptable opponent by the athletic commission.

The former 2X UFC champion recently brought a three fight losing skid to an abrupt end with an impressive first round TKO over the heavy handed Jason Riley during “Adrenaline MMA IV” in September of 2009.

“Adrenaline MMA V” is expected to take place on March 20 from Youngstown, Ohio.

Update: The event has now been scratched from the previously anticipated March 20 date with a possible new date in April according to MMAJunkie.com.

He needs to break away form that manager slash Adrenline promoter and try and get back on track while he still has something in the tank… see whats next for TimmAAAAAAAAY!

• Guthookd says:

Dang. That one was going to be a good match.

I hope they find someone for him soon and I hope he smashes that person quick.

• fanoftna33 says:

Something else like SF in April????

• Guthookd says:

SF would be a nice home for Sylvia. I’d like that. I’d love to see him vs. Big Foot….but then again…..it might not work out too well for him.

• fanoftna33 says:

I think he could take Bigfoot as Silva has rarely faced guys his size and likely wouldnt be able to take Tim down. I think it would be a big win for Sylvia.

The whole card is being scrapped n moved to another date…. As per other mma news sources

• I’d like to see Big Tim in Strikeforce, and honestly I see a few kinda cool match ups with him in the UFC. Let’s not forget that other than Ray Mercer the man has ONLY been beaten by Mir(Armbreak), Andre in his prime, Randy, Nog(by slick submission after dominating the first two rounds), and Fedor. And hell, if you wanna talk reality Ray Mercer hit him like a boxer SHOULD hit someone. You’re not gonna tell me that the 44 year old Randy hits harder than the 48 year old Mercer. Mercer just has that boxer KO power. But I digress. I think JDS, Gonzaga, Kongo, Cro Cop, all make for fun fights to watch. Keep winnin Timmy you can make it back!