Frank Mir issues apology for ‘stupid remarks’ about killing Brock Lesnar

The Ultimate Fighting Championship, along with former UFC champion Frank Mir, have recently released a statement in an attempt to clean up a mess created by the often outspoken heavyweight during a recent radio appearance.

“A lot of individuals are so worried about being politically correct,” Mir said in an interview on WXDX radio. “I’d rather go ahead and say what’s on my mind than to sit there and come up with some PC, ‘Oh, the guy is a great fighter and I have a lot of respect for him’. If I don’t mean it, why is it even coming out of my mouth? I want to fight Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries. That’s what’s going through my mind.”

The aftershock felt from those recent comments were more than enough to force a recent reaction fromm the UFC brass.

“I was disappointed by Frank Mir’s comments,” said UFC President Dana White in the recent statement released from the UFC. “Frank’s been with the UFC a long time, he’s a two-time heavyweight champion and a commentator for the WEC. I think his emotions are running high right now, he has a big fight coming up next month and he’s still upset about his loss to Lesnar. He’s been talked to, he regrets what he said, and he won’t be saying anything like that again.”

Mir apologized to every one imaginable for the recent comments in the release from the UFC.

“I would like to apologize to Brock Lesnar, his family, the UFC and the UFC fans for my stupid remarks,” said Mir. “I respect Brock, all the other fighters, and the sport of mixed martial arts. I’m sorry that I stepped out of line.”

• PLANETSTOMP says:

quit being a sissy-stick by what you said the first time-also-focus on shane carwin-because he is most likely going to knock your lights out

• Kamakosmo says:

Title should read “Dana White bitch slaps a weak ass apology out of Mir”. I hate these forced apologies. I mean, did Mir offend anyone? No. Was it stupid to say? Probably. But, you can’t fix stupid (I hate to use a red-neck comedic reference).
    Look, the man got completely ass kicked and humilited by Lesnar. Every where he goes, every interview he does, ALL revolve around him and Brock. He has a huge fight coming up against a very dangerous opponent, and what do people want to know? “When are you and Brock gonna fight again?” And the “What are your opinions of Lesnar?” questions. He has turned the media’s obsession into his own. It’s kind of sad but understandable.
    Want to see Mir lose his mind? Just wait. When Carwin buckles his brain and he has no definitive fight against Lesnar in the future….that is when he will hit rock bottom.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

kamakosmo-couldnt of said it better myself-i am in total agreement with you

• madheartmma says:

What a load of [explicit]! Frank Mir has MAJOR ego issues, What kind of person says that on NATIONAL RADIO? Where everyone can hear? I mean, it’s one thing to THINK it, but to SAY IT? really dude? Who has major ego issues? Mir talked a lot of [explicit],( after him & Steve Mazzagatti won that 1st fight) THEN he got his ass WHIPPED the 2nd time, and can’t handle it.Frank Mir,who has probably ALWAYS been the cocky,loud-mouth,intimidating [explicit],who will embarrass you and/or kick your ass if you don’t agree w/ him. FINALLY got a taste of his OWN medicine, and can’t handle it. Boo-Hoo. He said some bad ” I wanna cripple Cheick Kongo, blah blah,etc.” stuff to. IN MY OPINION Frank “tha spank” Mir is a [explicit]. MMA is not about killing, crippling, maiming,etc.etc. That’s what War, and psycho people do. I really didn’t even care for Lesnar, BUT NOW..oh I hope he crushes “the spank” frank mir, with his fake [explicit] apology.

• hindsightufuk says:

daft cunt

• Hohlraum says:

Come on give Frank a break. He’s borderline retarded after all.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

exactly-talking about hohlraum

• retrofitting123 says:

my biggest fear is he beats carwin and were stuck watchin ufc 100 all over again 1yr later with the same result

• madheartmma says:

I hope Carwin K.O’s him. then, Velasquez can smash him, then his conscience will overcome his ego, and he will be a nice guy who helps old lady’s across the Vega Strip. The End.

• Vogairian says:

Wouldn’t suprise me if Frank manages to win and Cain gets the title shot.

• slammy862 says:

I thought he wasn’t worried about being politically correct. Well he’s neck deep in it now!

Good luck getting all that toothpaste back in the tube, ya foo.

You don’t come out spewing that nonsense without it coming from deep in your heart/ego.

Brock won’t forget and Carwin won’t either. You punked Shane by assuming you can cakewalk to Brock.

Way to piss-off two of the baddest men on our planet.

• redness says:

you know making comments like that in a sport that is under the microscope is dumb. IM a big Mir fan but that was out of line. Also lets just say something happens in his fight with Brock if he fights him total accident hell end up in jail all for making those comments.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

brock lesnar wins period!!

• Unabomberman says:

Damn, Frankie…

This thing surely got old fast.

• bigbadjohn says:

“stupid remarks” absolutely. The worst kind of publicity the UFC needs is death threats in the octagon. Frank makes sure they’re beef stays a constant story, he knows how to play the game, set up the big PPVs. I hope (and believe) Carwin will knock his head back, besides its gotta be that way. If Lesnar’s next fight is Mir, we’re back to square 1, let’s see this goliath fight someone else while he’s around. I’m a Brock fan, his elite wrestling gives him a good base for a long career, I want to see how he matches up with othere contenders NOW.The UFC should put the Mir Lesnar 3 on the back burner for a while, it’s an espresso shot to any future card, guaranteed huge PPV buys, for months and years into the future. Seeing the big boy tested with a fresh opponent is THE MOST exciting(and competitive in most caes) title match-up the UFC could make now.

• Wow…maybe he’s tryin to break a record by making this the longest rivalry ever. Gotta beat Ken and Tito I guess. Im a Mir fan but this is way out of line. On the other hand maybe he’s trying to do to Carwin what he did to Kongo. Kongo thought Mir had no respect for him and no regard for him. The way Frankie dropped him and submitted him proved otherwise. If Carwin makes the same mistake he’ll be taking a nap. Everyone seems to forget when Gonzaga cracked Carwin Carwin was out on his feet and Gabe lost that fight by taking him down and letting him recover. If Mir lays that big left on Carwin and Carwins eyes roll back, Mir will finish the job. So sadly we might have our rematch which could go either way. I still think Mir was hurt at 100. his leg was taped up completely and he never tried to scramble off his back once in the whole first round. If we see the third fight maybe it’ll be the last of this crap.

• dpk says:

This comment will be replayed in NY before the bill to legalize MMA is put to a vote. I hope for the sake of the sport, that it doesn’t sway even a couple of votes that could block MMA from becoming legal in NY. It was a stupid and unneccesary comment.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a state commission make Frank stand up and answer for these comments before licensing him, or re-newing his license. Frank probably just made more problems for himself.

I really don’t even want to see Mir v Lesnar III (right away anyway). Brock’s next fight will be his 6th, do you really want half of those to be against Frank Mir, I don’t especially when there are guys like Cain, and Dos Santos who have done more than enough to earn their shot. I hope Carwin win’s, then this whole issue can settle down for awhile.

• crane_style says:

It’s amazing how much things have changed since UFC 100. After that, Lesnar was getting all the grief and people were (relatively) supportive of Mir.

Now, after Lesnar’s illness and Mir’s brain fart, their positions have kind of reversed.

Mir had a chance to grow as a person and a fighter after Lesnar beat him down, but it looks like he only picked one of those. I think if he doesn’t stop focusing on Lesnar, Carwin will hand him his *ss.

I’m curious to see what effect surviving a life threatening illness has on Brock’s personality, but he looked a bit more humble on espn and I laughed when he called Mir his “stalker”.

• Bad Monkey says:

Sounds like Frank got called into the principal’s office for a talking to. He’s definitely got a problem with letting his mouth get ahead of his brain.

I’m from NYC… we are so broke that anything that makes the city a profit will get passed… I don’t see Mir’s comments making that big of an impact… there’s already sanctioned Muay thai and russain sambo tournaments and obviously boxing… it’s just a matter of time.

Mir’s comments were dumb but he certainly isn’t…
    I’m certain his goal wasn’t to cause this big of a shit storm but he definately wanted the MMA world to know theres no other HW match they should be looking forward to other than MIr vs Lesner 3 and you know what I think he accomplished his goal…

Brock’s return PPV is probably going to record one of the biggest buyrates ever and you know what if Mir has his way he’ll be a part of that… the man knows what he’s doing he just went a bit too far…

Prediction: Mir beats Carwin…. Mir / Lesner provide biggest PPV in UFC history… both fighters cement there place in MMA history.

• cdrg says:

Carwin Who!!!!! That guy has only had on decent oponent in Ganzaga and know his the shit! Please!! I mean why isnt Dos Santos fight for the interum, he did beat Verdum who is ranked hire then and has fought better opponents then Carwin. Mir all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PLANETSTOMP says:

whoa-cdrg-i feel for you-dos santos is definitely deserving-the only thing not going his way is the fact that the ufc has not been promoting him enough-i feel that he might just keep knocking his opponents out

• Beau Fury says:

I for one am a Brock Lesnar fan. I think he is a good fighter. What people forget is that he is doing his best to learn the game and has gotten better each and every fight!!! I think Mir went way out of line on this one. He says that he can’t stand Brock Lesnar for being a bad for the sport and how he is a bad influence to kids and such… but then he comes out and says he wants Lesnar to die… How is that being a role model? Plus you can criticize Brock all you want about how he is bad for the sport but he has never done something this detrimental to the sport of MMA. People who are uneducated to the sport will read these quotes and think that MMA and the people associated with it are nothing but uneducated heathens. Frank Mir, you are better than that… or are you? Do us all a favor and shut UP and worry about Shane Carwin. Cause he is just as big as lesnar and by your standards a True MMA fighter. Oh and if I remember right Lesnar destroyed you!!!

• Beau Fury says:

So much for being “PC”. He is a fake!!! His apology isn’t real… He just got spanked by Dana for saying something stupid. This is a classic example of someone with a Huge ego. You can’t change these people. They are always gonna say stupid things and then when the water gets hot they are gonna come out with an apology that was written by someone else that doesn’t mean a thing. He isn’t sorry for his comments.

• Guthookd says:

Whatever. I hope he gets a shot at Brock and I hope he gets a grusome win.

• Angry Mike says:

Don’t you understand the historic significance of this situation? Dana White is the Voice of Reason! I think hell just froze over!

• king mah mah says:

No reason for Mir to apologize. I like his neck breaking comments better.

• Guthookd says:

madheartmma: ….( after him & Steve Mazzagatti won that 1st fight) …….  (Quote)

LOL> I have to admitt that is exactly what happened. If not for the restart it was over due to hammers.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

two big thumbs up for beau-to hell with the haters-long live the vikings!!!!

• Rampage says:

• Guthookd says:

Rampage: Frank Mir goes on a rampage about how he “doesn’t do the PC thing” then comes out with a politically correct apology……What a loser. I hope Carwin kicks the crap out of him!  (Quote)

I see your point, but I’m pretty sure his job with the WEC was on the line, as well as the rest of his UFC contract. He told the truth the first time and that’s good enough. I hope he STFU though, and starts doing his talking in the ring with some lethal sign language.