Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans set for UFC 114

It now appears that the highly anticipated fight between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans will finally take place during UFC 114 on Memorial Day Weekend (May 29) in Las Vegas.

Rampage has already signed his side of the bout agreement according to a recent report from Yahoo! Sports.

The fight was originally scheduled to take place at UFC 98, then UFC 107, but Rampage participation in the upcoming the A-Team movie caused the delay.

The Evans and Jackson rivalry heated up when both fighters were coaches on the previous season of The Ultimate Fighter.

This will be Jackson’s first fight in nearly a year when he picked up a victory of perennial contender and Evan’s teammate Keith Jardine at UFC 96, while Evan’s was last seen edging out a decision victory over Thiago Silva lost after losing the belt to Lyoto Machida last May.

UFC 114 takes place on May 29 with a light heavyweight bout between Forrest Griffin and Antonio Rogerio Nogueria also taking place on the card.

• hindsightufuk says:

YES, YES, YES!
    i’l be rooting for Rampage like a mother hubbard!

• retrofitting123 says:

after listening to these guys for 3 months babble and bicker i really dont care about this fight at all.it lost its value bak in december for me

• s00nertp says:

woooot, cant wait. Please Please PLEASE Rampage dont lose.

• Dufresne says:

Their displays on TUF made me dislike both of them. I guess I dislike Rampage less so I’ll be pulling for him by default.

• thunder okami says:

War Rashad.

• I can’t wait for this. Rashad proved against Thiago that against a better striker he’s gotta try and out box someone while tryin to pressure them. Good luck doin that to Rampage, Rashad is about to have two knock out losses on his record.

• MosesX says:

I’m sick of hearing about this fight already, I dont give a shit who wins

• JollyDV says:

I can’t stand a poor sport, so I hope Rashad wins this one and puts Rampages foot back in his mouth!

• 3OAM says:

Finally, they can quit flirting and get down to fxcking.

• elkymbo says:

Seeing Rashad get knocked out again will be very sweet.

• edbuzz says:

I am a big fan of Rampage. He’s a funny guy and I’m rooting for him in this matchup.

I like Rashad Evans as a coach and a training partner because he cares about his friends and students but he makes it impossible to root for him when he does that F ing shimmy shake a la Sanford and Sons routine when he knocks someone out. I hate that S#!T.

• silkshot61 says:

About fucking time! I honestly could not care less who wins but this is going to be a war.

• LiverPunch says:

Don’t believe the hype.

Rampage for the win……

• Angry Mike says:

Rashad’s too quick and elusive for Rampage, and he has much better wrestling if it comes to that. (And it would be smart of Rashad to take him down and pound on him rather than taking the risk of eating a haymaker). Rampage probably has more power, but Rashad has enough. He handled Thiago Silva, so imo he can handle Rampage. I say Rashad wins, probably by decision, but I wouldn’t rule out a ko or tko. I have this feeling that Rampage may be back to the lackadaisical attitude he had about training before he hooked up with Juanito.

• Matthew says:

LiverPunch: I don’t buy into the grudge thing. Every 2nd fight that happens there is a grudge involved. To which I say BULLSH#T!. I’m sure it is true sometimes but the whole pushing at the weigh-ins and the 2 coaches hating each other on TUF is just manufactured BS, as Rehad even said they asked him to come in to the cage after Rampages victory over Jardine. It would not surprise me if they were actually friends. So after saying that I also say that I can think of better fights for Rampage to have. A rematch with either Shogun or Griffin or a fight with Thiago Silva or Jon Jones appeals much more to me.
    Don’t believe the hype.

Rashad and Rampage had a run-in in a Club in Sydney on friday night. Mayhem broke it up. If you think they’re friends just playin it up you are wrong. And i can’t think of any better match-up for either man right now.

• Creature says:

Well i will say that rashad is faster and has good wrestling, but im gonna go with rampage on this

if anyone has seen the rampage/hendo fight hendo is world class wrestler and rampage had him on his back alot of the fight. and rampage is a big LHW i dont think rashad will be able 2 control him like he did thiago silva..

but all in all im very excited and think it will be a fight 2 remember

• ryu says:

OH man….ICANT WAIT!…this is even better than rampage and wanderlei. Rampage is a better striker, and in my humble estimation a better wrestler…rashad is quicker, BUT he will undoughtely try to wrestle…Rashad would be playing into Rampages hands anyway he tries….we could see Rampage actually slamming someone in the octagon for the first time! RAMPAGE WILL WIN!

• mma fanatic209 says:

to be honest i think rampage is a monster and has many weapons to finish this fight but i think rashad wrestles him around the cage and wins by decision rampage doesnt have the drive no more he would rather be acting he said it himself hes gonna finish out his contract then quit mma and act big loss to mma world good luck to both fighters cant waitt to see this fight its gonna be explosive!