UFC 110 LIVE Results and Coverage

Welcome to FiveOuncesofPain.com’s live coverage of tonight’s “UFC 110: Nogueira vs. Velasquez” event. Tonight’s show emanates from the  Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia, and is available  on pay-per-view.  Live results should begin around  8 p.m. ET  for the undercard and 10 p.m. ET for the main card.

Tonight’s event features  heavyweights Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez and middleweights Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva.

Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain.com for full event analysis and wrap up following the event.

Preliminary fights:

IGOR POKRAJAC def. JAMES TE HUNA  via  TKO  Round 3

C.B. DOLLAWAY def. GORAN RELJIC  via unanimous decsion  ( 29-28) all cards

CHRIS LYTLE def. BRIAN FOSTER via sub ( kneebar) 1:41  Round 1

KRZYSZTOF SOSZYNSKI def. STEPHAN BONNAR TKO (cut)

there seems to be some controversy, some feel Bonner was cut via headbutt and not punches.

Main Card:

MIRKO “CRO COP” FILIPOVIC def. ANTHONY PEROSH  via  TKO  ( cut) end of Round 2

RYAN BADER def. KEITH JARDINE via (tko)  Round 3

GEORGE SOTIROPOULOS def. JOE STEVENSON via unanimous decision

WANDERLEI SILVA def. MICHAEL BISPING via unanimous decsion

CAIN VELASQUEZ def. ANTONIO RODRIGO NOGUEIRA  via KO  Round 1

• hindsightufuk says:

9 fights? thats pretty weak by any cards standards. I’d like to see the UFC showcase some proper Aussie talent, youngsters with a one off chance to fight on the UFC undercard.

• hindsightufuk says:

are the prlims showing on Spike this time?
    i really wanna see these fights
    C.B. DOLLAWAY VS. GORAN RELJIC

BRIAN FOSTER VS. CHRIS LYTLE

STEPHAN BONNAR VS. KRZYSZTOF SOSZYNSKI

• JollyDV says:

Shit, CB won by UD.

• xtreme_machine says:

2-0 so far
    looking good

• KTru says:

can you diiiiiiggggg it?!?!?!?

half hour til showtime

and yes Clarence B dollaway won, not happy about it.

nog
    wandy
    joe daddy
    master bader
    cro cop

• JollyDV says:

Chris Lytle wins by knee bar!!!! yea!

• KTru says:

hindsightufuk: i still think an event like this, first time in Australia and all, its a great chance to put on a real show.

there was supposed to be ten fights.
    UFC is not going to show amateur fights like Strikeforce…..ever

• xtreme_machine says:

Hey 5 ounces u guys have it wrong it’s

Result: James Te Huna def. Igor Pokrajac via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:26

• JollyDV says:

I wonder if they will still keep Bonnar after this last lost?

• KTru says:

dana made it clear this week that Bonnar will always have a home

• JollyDV says:

Thx Ktru, I missed that.

Cro Cop wins via Dr. Stoppage!!

• JollyDV says:

Jardine looks pretty good coming into this.

• BigDave says:

The dean of Mean will be victorious if he stays off his back.

Tonight though is the coming out party for the best HW on the planet Cain Velasquez.

• JollyDV says:

wow, wasn’t expecting that at all.

• KTru says:

nice win master Bader

• KTru: dana made it clear this week that Bonnar will always have a home

Dan has also said that months ago. Dana stated that if it wasn’t for Bonner and Griffen the UFC would be were it is at today.

• KTru says:

wooooohooooooo Wandy
    you sexy sumbitch
    way to almost knock BisBANG out

• AbolishedEnigma says:

Ima laugh when Cain aka the future of the heavyweights gets submitted by NOG… Try talkin shit after he loses idiots…lol

• KTru says:

Cain you tough SOB

congrats

• Soggykong says:

Wow. Nog did not expect that, good fight Cain.

• BigDave says:

I’ve been saying this for a year now. There is not one HW that can hang with CAIN. He just destroyed a guy that has never been beat like that. He is IMO the top HW not only in the ufc but in all MMA.

• AbolishedEnigma: Ima laugh when Cain aka the future of the heavyweights gets submitted by NOG…Try talkin shit after he loses idiots…lol

I’m sorry ..what did you say ha

• BigDave says:

Submit This!

• AbolishedEnigma says:

FightFan313:
    I’m sorry ..what did you say ha

I said, dammit, alright, Ill give him his…lol

• AbolishedEnigma says:

FightFan313:
    I’m sorry ..what did you say ha

I said, dammit, alright, Ill give him his…lol

• retrofitting123 says:

i predicted this on 5oz and junkie but not by ko. feel bad for nog now

• Cain is way better than I thought. Impressive how he dominated Nog in the stand up. I didn’t see that coming. I really thought either fighter could win and was just excited to watch this fight and see if Cain was for real and WOW is he ever for real.

• retrofitting123 says:

ok i didnt predict it..im makin it up- look at previous articles.i predicted a decision

• crane_style says:

An unpredictable night, which I love.

Cain. If you didn’t think he was for real, now you know. Crazy hand speed.

Sotiropoulos was the other big winner in my eyes. He looks like he could give BJ a fight.

The Axe Murderer reborn at 185? More like a puss out by Bisping. I gave him the first round, but after that, he started trying to out point Silva and backing up. Thought he’d learned about that from Henderson, but I guess not.

Silva fought well, no question and looked fine on the weight cut. But anyone who has decent head movement and isn’t afraid to trade with him will can catch that chin coming in. If Bisping had stayed in the pocket and thrown down, things wouldn’t have been much worse and could have been better.

Nogueira is one tough dude, and I would never count him out of any fight until it was over, but it’s starting to look like all the wars are adding up. A legend among the old guard, but the old guard’s time looks to be pretty much down.

With Joe Daddy and and the Dean of Mean going down, does that mean Greg Jackson was the night’s biggest loser? Jardine fought well, but Stevenson seemed his old predictable self and looks like he’ll never be able to handle a good boxer.

And Bader gets a solid thumbs up as well. I thought he adapted well to Jardine’s style as the fight went on.

• redness says:

• JabCrossHook says:

Crane I agree after watching the fight if Bisping’s boxing and footwork was more drilled from sparring and his defense was tight I think he could’ve put Wandy to sleep instead of just trying to back up and jab. You can thumbs down me Wandy lovers and Bisping haters, but Wandy’s chin is suspect just as Bisping and Bisping has enough punching power as a MW to put most ppl in the division to sleep.

• Midget says:

redness: Great fights tonight Bonner got screwed with the head butt I say lets do it again. Good to see Wandi pick up a W seemed to me that he was playing it safe until the last few seconds of the rounds he wanted the W bad and who could blame him. Bader looked ok but Jardine is done. Cain is a beast feel for big nog but Cain is the future. Did anyone else think that Crocop wasnt going for blood I mean he killed that B level guy but after he got cut it seemed he laid off. Big win for George over joe daddy would love to see him agains the winner of Kflo Gomi.  (Quote)

Was at the event yesterday and speaking to a few people that said Perosh was actually training with Cro Cop for his fight against Rothwell. After Rothwell pulled out, Perosh was the only real local fighter that could fill in on such short notice. As they were training together, could be a reason why Cro Cop didn’t for blood.

• Matthew says:

Midget:

You are correct. Cro cop was actually asking them to stop the fight but the doctor already copped a crowd caning for stopping Bonnar/Soscyinski(sp?) so he let this one go on till the end of the round.