Watch Countdown to UFC 110 – Part 1

The Ultimate Fighting Championship takes Australia by storm for the first time and fans at Sydney’s Acer Arena will be treated to explosive matchups featuring two early Fight of The Year candidates.

In the main event, a world heavyweight title shot is on the line when unbeaten young gun Cain Velasquez takes on former UFC and PRIDE champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira. Plus, UK superstar Michael “The Count” Bisping hopes to spoil the middleweight debut of the legendary “Axe Murderer”, Wanderlei Silva.

does anybody else see axe murder taking this one?

• YetiLee says:

I have a feeling Big Nog is going to find out that the hype surrounding Cain is for real, and Velasquez will be one step closer to the Heavyweight title! I honestly believe that he is the future of this division and he is only getting better.

• fanoftna33 says:

As much as I like Silva, I think the ko loss to Henderson was the best thing to happen to Bisping. He now understands some of his weaknesses, and will not go toe to toe with Wanderlei, but probably win a ud from his takedowns, speed and movement keeping Silva offguard.

• hindsightufuk says:

i’ll be supporting Wandy, but we gotta see how his conditioning is. anything less than ill is not gonna be enough.
    and i’m torn over the Nog Cain fight. Nog is one of my hero’s and i dont wanna see him lose, plus i wanna see him kick Frank Mirs ass in a rematch. but Cain seems like a cool guy, great up and coming fighter, a blessing for the HW division. against any other UFC HW’s i’d be rooting for Cain, but against Nog i cant.

• YetiLee says:

You guys can give the thumbs down all you want to my previous comment, but it isn’t going to change the fact that Cain is beating Nog in this one. Nog may be in his early 30’s but after the damage he has done to himself throughout the years has finally caught up to him. The guy isn’t the same fighter he once was and is nearing the end of his career. Cain on the other hand is just getting started and is getting better every time he fights.

I can’t wait until Saturday night and to be proven correct, I better get props after when you guys hop on the Velasquez bandwagon. I’ll say it one more time, Velasquez is the future of the Heavyweight division.

• YetiLee says:

Hmmmmmm, looks like I was right. Now stay off the bandwagon.