Pat Barry vs. Gilbert Yvel in works for UFC 115

It appears as though fans of affable heavyweight Pat Barry will get a chance to see the New Orleans native step back into the Octagon against fellow kickboxer Gilbert Yvel this June at UFC 115 in Vancouver.

The news was reported by the Las Vegas Sun which confirmed both camps are close to signing paperwork required to make the bout official.

Barry was most recently seen scoring an emotional win over Antoni Hardonk at UFC 104 last October which landed him both “Fight of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors, while Yvel will be looking to get back on the winning track inside the iconic eight-sided cage after succumbing to Junior dos Santos’ strikes at UFC 108.

Both men are known for their striking as evidenced by all five of Barry’s wins coming by way of TKO and thirty-one of Yvel’s thirty-six wins being procured in the same manner.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would really like to see Gilbert perfprm a bit better here as I dont want to see him becoming a stepping stone for up and coming HW fighters.

• fanoftna33 says:

perform

• xtreme_machine says:

This is going to be a very technical stand up WAR

but it will not go pass the first round

• Makington says:

Imo the best raw striking talent any HW has had in the UFC ever, I’m not betting against Pat.

If you’re dumb enough to stand with him you will go down. When he hits people they don’t want to be hit again.

• Kamakosmo says:

I’m a huge Pat Barry fan. He’s been down and out, and has come out on top. One of those “Real-life American stories”. I will always root for him, and am hoping he clears Yvel’s skull of his brain (to put it bluntly LOL)

• dpk says:

Send the knockout of the night check right to Barry, no takedowns in this one. Yvel will soon be a free agent after this one.

• Nick Havok says:

I laughed so hard when Gilbert Yvel made his debut in the UFC and they claimed he was a ‘Pride Superstar’.

Jeez…the UFC will say just about anything to hype a fighter now won’t they?

Gilbert went a piss-poor 2-6-1 in Pride with his two victories came over Gary Goodridge and Akira Shoji.

Wooptie freakin doo.

And no matter how good the Zuffa promotional hype machine says he is…I’m not going to shell out any money to watch him on PPV. Sorry, Dana.

I think Pat gets the W on this one… should be a short and explosive match.

• JOEgun says:

man i like Pat, especially after his story of taking his bonus check to the bank. Ive got a feeling Yvel is pissed after his loss to Dos Santos and is going to make a statement with Pat. Yvel came to the UFC to add something to his highlight reel and Pat is the perfect victim. Although i would love to see Pat send Yvel out, i dont see it happening. Just a feeling

• PsYc0tIkDrEaM says:

This is where Yvel receives his walking papers. Barry by vicious leg kicks

• this is gonna be so short and I couldnt guarantee either way. But I’m not an Yvel fan and I dont see him beating Gonzaga, Carwin, Mir or anybody top tier in the UFC. He’s exciting but he’s kind of the Chris Lytle of the heavyweight division with none of “Light’s Out”‘s class. But this should be entertaining to watch.