Lorenzo Fertitta reveals that UFC 112 is coming to Ferrari World for outdoor event

With already announced bouts of Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort, B.J. Penn vs. Frankie Edgar and Matt Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie lining he UFC‘s debut in Abu Dhabi, details continue to emerge surrounding what promises to be one of the most grand events in the promotion’s illustrious history.

“The facility that is going to be constructed at Ferrari World on Yas Island going to be built just for this event,” said UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta during a recent conversation with the Telegraph. “It is going to be incredible. Out partners Flash are constructing the whole thing like they have done for all the concerts and other events they have put on. Flash already have a reputation in the region for putting on the best events in the Middle East, and the plans they showed me for the facility were fantastic.”

Fertitta went on to confirm that UFC 112 will in fact be held in an outdoor arena, which should provide for an extremely unique and memorable viewing experience on all ends.

“This is the first arena we’ve ever gone to which has been designed specifically to host a UFC event,” said Fertitta. “There won’t be a bad sightline from any seat. It will be something to see and a great occasion to be part of. We’ve never gone outside before but we are excited to do this. I was born and raised in Las Vegas. When I was very young I was lucky enough to be able to go to some of the best boxing cards in the historic open air arena in the parking lot at Caesars Palace.

“I expect that on the night of UFC 112 we will re-create that kind of outdoor aura I experienced at those fight in Vegas years ago.”

You can learn all about Ferrari World right here.

• fanoftna33 says:

this is sounding better and better, if only Renzo can submit Hughes then it will be a great night.

• moosebaby02 says:

yes fan. im with you
    the place looks great.
    only if i can predict the lotto max numbers

These Arab Emirate guys are loaded and are probably pulling out all the stops for the UFC…I’m sure they will be back for another PPV in less than a year

• RearNakedRadioPugs says:

Gotta do what we gotta do I guess.

• fanoftna33 says:

The last event i watched early was Franklin vs Okami and it just wasnt the same, but for this card I will make an exception as it looks to good to miss.

• moosebaby02 says:

RearNakedRadioPugs: All these bells and whistles are nice and the card itself looks great but I hate that 10 hour time difference. I prefer watching live, just ask the wife how irritated she gets when our alarm clock goes off at 3am cuz HDnet is showing a Dream event.I dont know about y’all but watching UFC events at noon from the local buffalo wild wings doesnt seem right. Gotta do what we gotta do I guess.  (Quote)

agreed. But i did see somewhere that the UFC and Flash are talking about the timing to acomandate eastern standard time. dont quote me on that.
    But ya Gotta do what we gotta do I guess

• I know UFC 110 is actually taking place on a Sunday to accomodate a live Saturday night telecast for North America.

Hopefully they figure something out for 112.

• elkymbo says: