Kimbo, Tito, Randy and Forrest part of second Round 5 UFC Series

Round 5 has unveiled six new fighters for it’s UFC branded Series 2.

With the first series not even on shelves until next month, Round 5 today announced Series 2 will feature UFC stars, Randy “The Natural” Couture, Tito “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Ortiz, B.J. “The Prodigy” Penn, Forrest Griffin, Michael “The Count” Bisping and Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson.

“We wanted to follow up our initial UFC Series with another set of names that spread across the spectrum of the sport,” said CEO and co-founder Damon Lau. “We’re excited to include some of the most popular fighters ever in guys like Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz and B.J. Penn, as well as Kimbo, who has attracted a whole new set of fans to the sport.”

Series 2 of the UFC themed collectables are scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2010.

UFC Series 1, which includes figures of Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell, George “Rush” St. Pierre, “Suga” Rashad Evans, Kenny “KenFlo” Florian, Clay “The Carpenter” Guida and Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida, will be available in stores across North America by February.

Photo courtesy of Round 5

• Dufresne says:

I understand Randy, Tito, B.J., and even Forrest or Bisping, but Kimbo?

The rest of them are established fighters in the UFC with 4 hall of famers and two Ultimate Fighter winners, but Kimbo only as one fight in the UFC. And it sucked.
    I know they’ll sell plenty of Kimbo dolls due to his popularity before MMA, but there are plenty of other fighters that deserve it more than Slice.

• LiverPunch says:

Agreed Durfrense. I guess that is what sells. I met a guy and we got to talking about MMA and I was trying to get him to look up Fedor on the net to see a guy who many consider as the best ever but he wasn’t interested, all he wanted to do was talk about Kimbo. I just sighed and hummoured him for a while, I tried as much as I could to educate him but it was falling on def ears.

• elkymbo says:

Dufresne: I understand Randy, Tito, B.J., and even Forrest or Bisping, but Kimbo?

Kimbo sells merchandise mate. Whats not to understand?

• cocoonofhorror says:

:facepalm

• Nick Havok says:

I hate to say it…but I want the Kimbo one most out of that line up.

I already have a Randy Couture…and the others ones, meh. Just not my favorite fighters.

…and neither is Kimbo, by any stretch of the imagination. But I still want it. It would look cool amongst my others (Couture, Rampage, Wanderlei, Anderson)…and would be a good conversational piece. Because I have lots of friends who may not be fans of the sport but who see it and recognize Kimbo…you never know, it might spark their interest thus giving me an oportunity to blabber to them about MMA. :)

I’m sure the toy maker selects the fighters they want in the collection line and do some market testing and surveys of fans to see which fighters would appeal to the consumer…

• elkymbo says:

And while we’re on about fighters we can’t believe are in there what the ef is Tito “i’m a cry baby ” Ortiz doing in there?

Aren’t we all worried he might fall off the top of the T.V and dislocate his shoulder making him whinge about why he lost his next fight or something?

• KRS 27 says:

The Kimbo one looks the best. Dude is marketable, he sells, and frankly, he is getting better, he is way better than he was in EXC< he actually has skills now training with ATT.

My question is, I know they did a bunch of these figures with like Le, Big John, Gina, AA etc, are they only doing UFC from now on? and what about the ones they did already, they did Nogs and Mir and Hughes and shit before, will they all get re done?

Plus, next they have to do Brock. I'd say next series.should be Brock, Spider, Nogs, Nate, Kos, Mir, something like that.

And what about WEC? I'd think they would be pretty cool to have Aldo, Cowboy, Varner, Faber, Brown, Torres, Bowles.