You can call UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar “The Miracle Man” after the massive former NCAA wrestling champion recently announced that he has been given a clean bill of health following an illness that very well could have ended his career in mixed martial arts indefinitely.
Lesnar made the announcement alongside UFC President Dana White on this morning’s edition of ESPN Sportscenter.
Lesnar went on to describe how a hole had been created in his intestine due to a serious medical condition that was initially misdiagnosed as mononucleosis. His doctor then put Brock on antibiotic and pain killers instead of removing the colon and ending his fighting career for good. Lesnar admitted that he was preparing for surgery and had even lost 40 pounds from his normally 300+ pound frame.
True to form, Brock refused to give in to the disease and fought back, putting back on thirty pounds before a January 5 check-up revealed that the condition had ceased to be.
“It’s a miracle,” said Lesnar. “There’s no signs of any problem anywhere in stomach, It’s just a miracle!”
According to Dana White, Lesnar’s doctor agreed with the champion’s assessment, stating, “You got a lottery ticket. This is unbelievable that you don’t need surgery. It’s a miracle.”
“There’s literally no sign that anything is existing in there,” said Brock.
White went on to further state that Lesnar is expected to make a return to action this Summer where he is expected to face off with the winner of an interim title fight between Frank Mir and Shane Carwin, but if anything should happen to the winner of that match-up, the shot will go to the winner of Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.