UFC Fight Night 20 Live Results

FiveOuncesofPain.com is on location in Fairfax, Virginia this evening to bring you all of the latest live results from UFC Fight Night 20 as they happen.

UFC Fight Night 20 will be taking place from the Patriot Center while airing live on Spike TV.

The main event pits Gray Maynard up against Nate Diaz in a lightweight tussle, while other televised match-ups include Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham in a battle of undefeated lightweights, Brad Blackburn vs. Amir Sadollah and Aaron Simpson will be squaring off with Tom Lawlor.

Below is a full list of the results from UFC Fight Night 20. Enjoy the fights guys!!

Nick Catone def. Jesse Forbes via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Gerald Harris def. John Salter via TKO – Round 3

Rafael Dos Anjos def. Kyle Bradley via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Rory MacDonald def. Mike Guymon via submission (armbar) – Round 1

Thiago Tavares vs. Nick Lentz ruled a majority draw (28-28, 28-28, 29-27)

Rick Story def. Jesse Lennox via majority decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Chris Leben def. Jay Silva via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Amir Sadollah def. Brad Blackburn via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Aaron Simpson def. Tom Lawlor via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Evan Dunham def. Efrain Escudero via submission (armbar) – round 3

Gray Maynard def. Nate Diaz via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)

• edub says:

Gerald harris needs to put this fukin dude on his back. He hasn’t shot in once.

• edub says:

Finally.

• Guthookd says:

edub: Finally.  (Quote)

WTF? How are you seeing it already? It’s only 4pm. I hope it’s a delayed broadcast where I am in California. I guess that whould make sense.

• edub says:

Yea it is. Dos anjos is beating bradley right now. 3rd is about to end and I’d give it 30-27 rafael.

• edub says:

Gameplan is the word of the night. Or lack there of.

• fanoftna33 says:

this was a very good night of fights. Amir impressed with some surprising power,
    Simpson looked tough and Lawler looked good until he gassed
    Efrain looked great until I think he gassed also, probably from throwing a few to many bombs in the first round, and I hope he didnt get a broken arm the guy has so much potential, like a LW Kos but with submissions.
    Grey didnt impress me one bit here as Diaz looked very fresh and the judge that scored it 30-27 Maynard is a idiot.
    On a side note did anybody else hear Jeff Blatnick, former UFC commisioner, former commentator, gold meadelist wrestler- is now a judge.

• KTru says:

• robby says:

diaz should of won the decision. he did more consistant damage to maynard plus he kept attacking sure they weren’t power shots but they still connected more than maynard the proof is in what thety both look like diaz no marks and maynard sface a mess. but the politics again the ufc want maynard to fight bj so he has to win .lately the ufc judging is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. it only matters who the brass wants to win what the fighters do doesn’t matter. the ufc is starting to gfo the same route as boxing crooked no integrety

• Jstew3785 says:

I think the Lawlor-Simpson decision was terrible. How do you not score the first round a 10-8? The second round was pretty even and Simpson did win the 3rd. I would have give Lawlor the nod considering how dominant he was early on. Maybe it could have been a draw, maybe, but I don’t see how Aaron Simpson won this fight at all.

• Jstew3785 says:

KTru: Maynard did not impress but for everyone saying he had minimal success, should ask themselves what success did Diaz have?Maynard won by default more than taking the fight to Nate. Nate seriously could not break eggs with his punching as GRAY (not Grey) was laughing throughout. As we all know Maynard has very little chance of defeating BJ, along with every other LW in the world. However, he was in absolutely no trouble against Nate. Gray rocked him a few times.  (Quote)

Don’t know why you got so many thumbs down for this…. You’re absolutely right.

• Lethal Liquid says:

All these guys at LW are lambs to slaughter. Grey wouldn’t last 2 rounds with BJ. There’s no real threat

• KTru says:

Jstew3785:
    Don’t know why you got so many thumbs down for this…. You’re absolutely right.

I never pay attention to these thumbs
    Most of these people that do it never come on here to voice their opinion. Instead lay in the weeds and give nothing to a conversation.
    My reputation proceeds myself

• elkymbo says:

Gotta agree that if Gray was put in with B.J it wouldn’t last past the 2nd possibly 1st round. Joe Rogan saying this had title fight implications is laughable. What if Diaz had won? Can you imagine him in there with B.J. I personally would love to see him in there throwing his hands in the air taunting B.J one moment and then waking up in hospital the next maybe realising that he should have a long hard look at himself.

Another comment that is almost stupid now is that the lightweight division is one of the deepest. This may be true but only once B.J is gone. Until then they’re all just living underneath a very giant Hawaiian shadow.

• Amir looked really good and Efrain could be something special if he can grow from this fight and work on a cardio a little more and get some of that Faber intensity. I’m looking forward to seeing Gerald Harris again, this fight should give him confidence. I’m proud of Leban, I saw him loosing this fight but he impressed me with his toughness once again.

Gray Never really impresses me. This was no title shot fight thats for sure LMAO and Nate isn’t Nick. Gray should fight Joe Daddy next.

How the heck did Simpson survive that 1st round. I know Lawlor gassed hard but damn, that was a awesome display of heart by Aaron Simpson. Lawlor needs to work on the Cardio.

Good night of fights.

• Rich S. says:

Good performance from Gray, I suppose, but if you ask me it’s easily his worst yet in the octagon..
    He dominated Frankie Edgar and I think he did a great job of controlling Huerta and Miller, but he loses all his gas against Nate Diaz without even having to grapple? WHAT?! How can you slam Lightweight elite around for 15 minutes every time out, and then gas in the second round of what was practically a slow boxing match with Nate Diaz?

I just found that weird..

Overall a pretty good night of fights/decisions..

With better cardio Efrain AND Lawlor would’ve been winners tonight.. It’s a shame, really..
    I hope they both recognize that and work on it..

• BigDave says:

Gray was good enough to beat Diaz last night, and that is it. He knew going in that if he kept it on the feet it was an easy win and was right. I had the simpson fight a draw but can’t complain about the decision. Amir looked good against a guy he should have beat. Efrian was plain out classed in this fight and proved there is a line between heart and stupidity, Tap before the dude breaks your arm next time.

• Nick Havok says:

This was a mediocre night of fights in my opinion.

There were some great moments like Dunham submitting TUF 8 winner Escudero…but I just couldn’t get into the show that much.

I mean in between the 15 different sets of commercials that were run and the shameless, never-ending hype of Blue Mountain really put a damper on the action…you can tell Goldy is really excited for it. *rolls eyes*

I mean for fuck’s sake they took 2 commercial breaks and nearly a half an hour to even start the first fight! What is that crap?

Everyone wants to bag on every other promotion for their ‘poor production’ but I ask…how poor is the UFC’s production value anymore? Who wants to sit through interviews with actors of a TV show which is sandwiched in between 2 seperate 5 minute commercial breaks?

I don’t. I want fights, please.

I quit watching this crap at about 9 though, rolled into bed and the last words I said to my girl before I fell asleep were, ‘The UFC sucks’.

I finished watching this morning…when I could finally fast-forward all the GARBAGE that accompanies a typical UFC show.

Yeah, limited commercial interuptions my ass.

Efrain must be disapointed in himslef not being able to finish afterthat big knee and the knockdown… I thought it was over but nope… he needs to invest in making those hands a little more dangerous.

• Guthookd says:

Amir looked good in his standup. They talked a lot about how he’s worked his standup and it showed. That was a very entertaining fight.

Maynard did a good job of squeeking out the decision, but I think if he would have thrown a right upper cut everytime he threw a right hook it would have been a KO. Even as it was he had Nate wobbled several times at the end there. Excellent fight. Maynard had no fear of Nate’s still developing power. He also looked like his speed has increased dramatically.

I think almost every fight on this car was just about entertaining as I expected them to be…..but for some reason the VA fans were booing like no tomorrow. At least Rogan stood up for Simpson at one point there.

Good card.

• Guthookd says:

One more thing……even though Maynard got this win I hope they don’t put him in with BJ. He will have no chance at this point.

• edub says:

Guthookd: think almost every fight on this car was just about entertaining as I expected them to be…..but for some reason the VA fans were booing like no tomorrow. At least Rogan stood up for Simpson at one point there

I dont think they were meaning to boo Aaron. It was the decision that was getting the flack. Tom Lawlor came out to Hulk Hogan’s I am Real American and everyone went nuts. He then proceeded to blast Aaron for an entire round, and stay close in points terms for the nest two. I actually thought it was a terrible decision until i got on the internet and saw most sites scored it for Aaron, and rewatched it. IMO it still should have been a draw.

10-8 rounds need to be given out more freqeuntly in mma.

• KTru says:

I am re-watching the Maynard-Diaz fight, and it is clear to me that Maynard won rounds 1 and 2.
    I just cannot see where Nate had any advantage. Round 3, in my opinion, was Diaz’s but 29-28 Maynard seems to be the correct score.

And to that clown Havok,
    Never did the Fight Night broadcast say the show was limited interuptions. “Blue Mountain State brought to you with limited interuptions”
    You copycat hack
    Your name should be NickHack, wannabe from another douche

• PlagueAngel says:

I agree with KTru on the Maynard/Diaz fight. Maynard WILL NOT get a title shot after another lackluster decision(Edgar?). He needed to finish Diaz because that would prove he would be ready for someone at Penn’s caliber. Penn will fight one or two more fights at 155 and then move to 170, then Maynard might be ready to be champion. I’m still convinced Florian is the top guy in the division after Penn leaves because of his technical boxing/striking.

As far as 10-8 rounds should be given more in MMA…I agree. Lets just fix the scoring system first before you give nutcases like Cecil Peoples the ability to give more 10-8 rounds. LOL

• fanoftna33 says:

K-tru glad to see a very mature approach by you to our mma post’s. It’s nice to see such a personal interest by you in Nick Havock’s post.

• KTru says:

not sure if sarcasm was used, fan.

5 ounces does not need it

• KTru: this disdain for havok stems over from him being banned at mmajunkie. Now I know I have wasted too much time on him already, but I highly doubt it is the same clown. Instead a wanna be that has come here to poison every post.

5 ounces does not need it

Good call.

Nicks comments and thoughts are always half empty. I thought the Fight Night had a lot to offer, technical and and heart is all I am looking for when it comes to fights and I think this Fight Night card has all of that. I thinks its impressive how the UFC can put on shows free of charge with the caliber of fighters that are on the cards. I always look forward to the fight nights.

Diaz isn’t and won’t be a champ anytime soon, besides not throwing kicks, he sure has a good eye for the punch and his ground game is all around pretty good.

• KTru: Maynard did not impress but for everyone saying he had minimal success, should ask themselves what success did Diaz have?Maynard won by default more than taking the fight to Nate. Nate seriously could not break eggs with his punching as GRAY (not Grey) was laughing throughout.

Gray was is trouble, I say that because Gray got knocked down more than once and the egg did get cracked.. just look at Maynards face. Nate was basically toying with Gray. I don’t see how Gray won the fight in the judges eyes. Nate was slapping Gray around with those punches, really just owning the fight IMO, the third round was all Nate with out a doubt. I really want to see a rematch because neither of them should get BJ. I would like to see Frankie vs Gray again. I love this 155lb division, its so deep there is a endless amount of match ups I would like to see.

• Nick Havok says:

FightFan313: NICK. the fight nights are not meant to be PPV caliber fights. They about new and up and comers getting a chance to be seen and make a name for themselves. Stop being so critical on these guys and look at the positives and help makes the negatives into positives. That is what a good corner man would do.

I wasn’t really bagging on the fighters though…I was more just stating that IN MY OPINION, it hard to stay excited for the actual fights because there was so much filler and commercials.

To put it in a way others might relate to, it would be like watching a movie with commercials. It’s like the tension is building, you are all into then BAM! A fuckin E-surance commercial.

Well to me it’s the same with the fights. In between round ZIP to commercials. Immediatley after the fight is over ZIP to commercials…yeah, stay tuned for the decision!

I mean maybe I just have really bad ADD or something but I can’t stand having my concentration and excitement CONSTANTLY broken with shameless advertising and promos for crap shows like Blue Mountain being crammed down my throat.

Hell they even cut the Countdown shows back by 4 minutes. They use to run like a 12 minute opening segment before the first break, but I noticed last time they took one at 6 minutes…and another at 12. The total run time was just over 38 mins…when before it was over 42 minutes.

I know because I record them on DVD.

• Nick Havok: It’s like the UFC is this big corporate sellout now…taking the spotlight off the fighters and putting it on the sponsors.

You don’t know who you are mad at do you.

1st. You did bang on the fighters. You said and I quote “This was a mediocre night of fights in my opinion” That is a knock on the fighters. There was a lot of heart and stand in there fighting in those fights last night. Why can’t you just say that the night of fights were good I just wish there didn’t have to been so many commercials.

2nd: its not the UFC Nick. its the network. They have to make money and those commercials pay for what we watch.. Without commercials there is no tv and with the small amount of viewers that watch the fights, Spike TV can’t charge very much for the commercials. Unless you want to pay more per month for TV you will just have to realize that commercials are part of it. There is a lot that goes into getting what you see on TV and with the economy the way it is, companies can’t shell out the kind of money they used to be able to.

To put it in a way the “others can understand”. I hate it when a non educated or selfish customer tells me that I don’t have to charge the dollar per hour I charge for lawn care when they have no idea what it takes to for the up keep of the equipment and growth of a business let alone me having to take care of myself and pay the bills and put away for retirement. It’s because of those Kind of people that I have to work a second job as well.

I think you need to go on a jog more often. You are obviously a angry and frustrated
    person for some reason that needs to work some things out.

• nope says:

Commercials allow for Free MMA on TV.

really it’s not that tough to understand