WEC 46 Live Results

wec 46WEC 46 is going down this evening and naturally FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here to bring you all of the latest breaking live results from the card as they happen.

WEC 46 will be taking place from the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California, and airing live on the VERSUS network.

The main event will be a lightweight championship unification match between fellow Arizona residents, Jamie Varner and Ben Henderson, while hometown boy Urijah Faber will also be squaring off with Raphael Assuncao as the co-headliner.

A full list of the results from the event are listed below:

Will Campuzano defeats Coty Wheeler via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)

Eddie Wineland defeats George Roop via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Mark Hominick defeats Bryan Caraway via submission (armbar) round 1

Wagnney Fabiano defeats  Clint Godfrey via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Charlie Valencia defeats Akitoshi Tamura via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Deividas Taurosevicius defeats Mackens Semerzier via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Mike Brown defeats Anthony Morrison via submission (rear-naked choke) round 1

Kamal Shalorus defeats Dave Jansen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Urijah Faber defeats Raphael Assuncao via submission (rear-naked choke) round 3

Benson Henderson defeats Jamie Varner via submission (guillotine) round 3

• Jak says:

What a great looking card.

While i like the WEC it’s been quite a few cards since i’ve been excited for 5+ fights on one of their cards.

*remember Canucks… it’s showing live on the SCORE!*

• king mah mah says:

Come on Faber! Let’s gooooooooooooooo!!!!

Hell YeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Faber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• king mah mah says:

Anyone else watching this live?

• mu_shin says:

Great return victory for Uriah Faber. Assuncao seemed tough as nails, not intimidated in the least by the former champ, but Faber brought the heat, and choked out the BJJ warrior. Great fight.

Mike Brown back as well, featherweight is building to an incredible division with Aldo and these small but awesome fighters.

• king mah mah says:

Main Event- Let’s Go!!!!!!!

• king mah mah says:

Varner by KO. Just a guess but……i hope!

• mu_shin says:

Reminiscent of Renzo Gracie over Pat Millietich, fantastic standing guillotine by Henderson, the new and undisputed lightweight WEC champ. Great sub…

• king mah mah says:

I think he was just afraid to go to sleep. He shouldn’t have tapped that quick.

• king mah mah says:

Henderson thanking Christ? Please! I think I’ll thank humpty dumpty for my job!

Pick your superstition and make a wish people! GOD DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

• mu_shin says:

Varner is an ungracious sore loser. Put up or shut up brother… This is MMA, and grappling is fighting my friend. You choke, YOU LOSE!

• king mah mah says:

If god exists, may he strike me DEAD! ……….See I’m ok, I’m alright. God had nothing to do with it!

All I’m saying is…….don’t thank god for beating the shit out of another human being! It goes against everything god is about! Quit being a hypocrit!!!!!!

• Guthookd says:

There were some great fights tonight.

Nice submission by Hominick….didn’t see that coming. The setup was beautiful.

Not a bad submission by Uriah either, but I think Hominick gets sub of the night (unless there was something great that happened during an unaired fight).

Henderson got his sub….the rare standing guillotine even. Almost made up for the slow pace of the fight. They both had a lot of respect for each other and it showed.

All in all…a good card.

• Jstew3785 says:

king mah mah: You can’t delibrately injure fellow human beings and say you thank GOD because you’re as good as you are at it!!!!! Quit being fake and admit it!!!  (Quote)

I think God has better things to do with his time than read your ignorant post.

• king mah mah says:

@Jstew- are you asking or telling? You don’t sound so sure.

• king mah mah says:

Give me proof that GOD exists!

• Jstew3785 says:

Anyway, on to relevant topics…. Henderson looked terrible to me. His standup is on level with Demian Maia and Marcus Jones. Grappling is part of the game and I do respect it but he was getting dominated before he caught Varner with the choke. Another great night of fights for the WEC, the P4P best promotion out there.

• Jstew3785 says:

king mah mah: @Jstew- are you asking or telling? You don’t sound so sure.  (Quote)

No, I’m quite sure that you’re ignorant. There’s no need to bring religion into this.

• king mah mah says:

@Jstew- and yet you still chose to speak on it! Interesting?

• king mah mah says:

By the way, I didn’t bring GOD into this, Hendeson did when he said he thanked Christ.

• Jstew3785 says:

Whatever man, I’m through talking about this. How about we talk about the fights, isn’t that what the website was created for?

• king mah mah says:

@Jstew3785- Yeah we can get back to the fights………,but only if GOD wills it!!!!!!! Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PlagueAngel says:

Give Faber the title shot! Great card considering it was in California. Home of weirdos and Tito Ortiz.