Dana White says Brock Lesnar’s future still not certain, diagnosis coming soon

danawhiteOne of the biggest stories of 2009 has officially spilled into 2010 as UFC President Dana White recently admitted that the answers surrounding the future of the biggest draw in the sport will be determined in the coming days.

The news that something might be up with UFC heavyweight champion and former WWE megastar Brock Lesnar first showed it’s ugly face as a possible case of mononucleosis, the diagnosis quickly downgraded to a severe intestinal infection, to where it is currently: A big question mark.

According to White, the news surrounding the condition of Lesnar will be coming down by the end of next week.

“If the doctors say things are going well and going in the right direction, then hopefully in a couple months he’ll be back,” said White following UFC 108. “If he’s not, and the doctors say it’s not going in the right direction, then maybe he’ll have to retire or take a break for a couple of years.”

Lesnar has not seen action since his July mugging of Frank Mir at UFC 100.

Mir is currently expected to face off with Shane Carwin at UFC 111 in a bout that is anticipated for March to determine the promotion’s interim champion in Brock’s absence.

• cocoonofhorror says:

lol, everybody knows he will be fine, D’anus. you are embarrassing yourself.

• KTru says:

wow, you know he will fine?

can you give me some numbers on the upcoming MegaMillions draw?
    or are you in Lesnar’s camp and REALLY know what’s up?

With all your thumbs down….
    I think you are embarrassing yourself

• justjohn says:

Hope its not that anti-bacterial resistance infection. Friend of mine got it and he’s been fighting it off for years. They basically cut you open every month and put in a new, anti-bacterial soaked internal bandage. Wicked stuff. Hope he recovers, but even if he does come back, you have to wonder how the long lay off will affect him. He must have to work out and eat like a beast to stay at 280-300 (what I’ve heard his walking around weight is).

• king mah mah says:

Yeah even when he fully recovers he’ll be shrunken down from laying around and not working out. It’ll be atleast a few more months if you ask me. Hope he comes back. I want to see him and Mir go at it again.

• Connor Cobain says:

yea if its a rough scenario im sure DW will ask brock to drop the title n that upon his return he will get first dibs should it be with in a reasonable time frame

• cocoonofhorror says:

you can all take your thumbs and stick them up your ass.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Connor Cobain: If the news is bad then they need to make the interim title fight between Mir and Carwin a true title fight.

Can’t do that till it hits a year mark. After July, whoever the interim holder is, just give him the real strap.

C’mon Brock. We’re pullin’ for you brother.

• PlagueAngel says:

I have a doctor friend who works at the Mayo clinic who will give me the inside scoop if Lesnar gets his check-up there. Does anyone know what medical facility he is going to get his evaluation done?

• BillyWarhol says:

Yeah I hope Brock pulls thru + is 110% again!! He is 1 Tough Talented UnBeatable Dude!!

• Kuch says:

The folks on Inside MMA predicted this would be the biggest story of the year. I hope not. I’m not trying to say this isn’t big news; I just hope Brock recovers and can fight again. I’d like us all to sit back this summer and laugh as we remember thinking Brock wouldn’t fight again.

• Brock is a absolute stud in the ring. I hope he he will be ok. Aside from needing to know if he can be tested, I hate to see this type of thing happen to the human body.