Daley, Miller, Stout, and Lauzon earn $50,000 UFC 108 Fighter Bonuses

ufc 108$50,000 fighter bonuses were awarded to  Sam Stout, Joe Lauzon, Paul Daley and Cole Miller for their performances at  UFC 108 Evans vs. Silva.

Submission of the night went to Cole Miller who was featured on the Spike TV preliminary fight show, tapped opponent Dan Lauzon with a really impressive Kimura while controlling Lauzon from an inverted triangle position .  Miller recovered quickly after being dropped by a punch early in the round to stop Lauzon at 3:05 in the opening frame.

Stout defeated Lauzon  in a contest that was much closer than the judges scorecards indicated, the pair were given fight of the night honors.   The two fighters  battled back and forth in the  first round, but as the fight progressed Stout came on strong and was able to score and impressive win over a very game Lauzon.

Knockout of the night went to Paul Daley for his devastation of Dustin Hazelett.  Daley clipped Hazelett at the 2:24 mark of round 1 and continues to ascend the UFC welterweight ladder.

• Makington says:

No complaints about those, they all earned their pay.

• Jak says:

I think everybody is getting paid on that card. That was a great card.

Miller/Griffin was one i definitely would have liked to have seen.

• redness says:

Nice to see Stout keep to his game plan put on a boxing expo.

• Billy says:

Makington: No complaints about those, they all earned their pay.I was most surprised by how well Stout was doing. Lauzon has never been dominated like that, and by the guy who was thought to have no ground game. I’m officially keeping my eye on Stout to see if he can keep getting better because he showed some freakishly awesome striking.

I thought a 10-8 round was pretty surprising too.

Billy

• BillyWarhol says:

I was Super impressed with our Canadian Striker Sam Stout!! I’ve always been impressed too with Joe Lauzon so it was awesome to see Sam hang tuff when he got in trubble early on. Keep Rockin’ em Sam!!

• Makington says:

Billy:
    Stout impresses me, but I didn’t think he looked any better than he did against Spencer Fisher years ago.I thought a 10-8 round was pretty surprising too.Billy

Well that was against a striker, and he has always shown absolutely brutal weaknesses to ground fighters in the past. Spencer Fisher will never take anyone down, which seems like it doesn’t matter anymore for Sam. His sprawls were perfect, he was faster, and most importantly he was smart. He wouldn’t get gun crazy and throw more than 3 or 4 quick punches in each combo even if it looked like Joe was doing nothing. He didn’t lose his head once and his footwork was perfect.

Basically I was drooling the whole fight, just a perfect display.

• Austin says:

So rumble johnson misses weight, doesn’t get KO bonus. Daley misses weight, gets KO bonus. hmmm.

@ Austin…

Good call… guess it’s how good of a mood DW is in. Then again he was probably just happy to have 108 over and done with. Guess we can’t forecast DW’s moves by looking at his past decisions.

• robby says:

i agree with all these the only fight i was disappointed with was the rashad silva fight silva tried to make it exciting but rashad just kept trying to avoid fighting. i know takedowns are a part of mma but why keep doing the same thing over and over so it shows you can take him down but it shows he can stand back up without getting hurt so it does do anything except avoid fighting . if you are scared of his striking skills like gsp was of alves then do the takedowns and do damage. not what rashad kept doing, i guess he couldn’t keep his word of the beatdown he was going to give to silva because of what silva did to rashads boy jardine. at least jardine tried to fight.