Shinya Aoki breaks Mizuto Hirota’s arm at “Dynamite!! 2009” (VIDEO)

In what was without question one of the most gnarly submissions ever caught on film, DREAM lightweight title holder Shinya Aoki made Sengoku lightweight champion Mizuto Hirota do the twist and shout as he snapped his arm apart like a dried out tree branch and proceeded to mock and taunt his agonizing victim in a show of sportsmanship better suited for the street or professional wrestling.

The pair faced off as part of the year end DREAM/Sengoku/K-1 promoted event, “Dynamite!! 2009“.

Check out the video below:

• 3OAM says:

Aoki is the Japanese Mr. Fantastic.

I screamed like a little girl/lol’d when that shoulder popped out.

• Connor Cobain says:

• fanoftna33 says:

• fanoftna33: I wonder what prompted this type of reaction from Aoki, not to condone this but something had to have happened to piss this guy off so bad he pulled this type of amateur crap.

I think he was pissed that dude didn’t tap. I wouldn’t want to break someones arm in a sporting event. I think it may have affected his mental in the short term you know.

• ozz_the_powerful says:

Connor Cobain: Wow that was actually impressive. I really want him to come to the UFC and try and fight BJ, Florian, Griffin, Maynard, Sherk, Edgar, Huerta, Guida, or Sanchez because honestly he would get beat by ANY of the top ten UFC lightweights. Joe Daddy would probably drop him on his head too.

^^^^^THIS ^^^^^

• neijia says:

man wtf did he do to that arm? looks like the shoulder was already dislocated before the elbow broke.

and WHY THE H*** DID the other guy NOT TAP? what kind of stupid decision is that?

I want to know the rest of the dirt behind the not tapping and the finger. Some kind of grudge going on?

• Nick Havok says:

That submission was sick!

But am I the only one who thinks that Aoki might have had his fingers inside Hiroto’s glove and that is how he so ‘effectively’ single handidly held Hiroto’s arm behind him the whole fight. Because I am doubting Aoki posses the sheer grip-strength to legitimately do that.

Whatever though, there were officials all around the ring who would have and should have seen that and stopped it if was happening…it just didn’t look like anyone was paying attention and I just can’t believe Aoki is that strong.

• […] off of the heels of perhaps the most devastating submission in the history of his limb twisting and tapout inducing mixed martial arts career over Mizuto […]

• Niv says:

Connor Cobain, I have to disagree with your statement as it’s nothing but sheer UFC bias.

Aoki is a world class fighter and may be the only LW on earth today that could give BJ a run for his money on the ground.

I don’t think he has enough stand-up skills to stand a chance against BJ, but on the ground I doubt anyone else could test him.

Aoki could beat almost anyone at LW so I have to think your collection of TUF graduates would mostly be in over their heads with him.