Alistair Overeem destroys Kazuyuki Fujita with atomic knee at “Dynamite!! 2009”

alistair overeemIn one of the most brutal knockouts in recent memory, Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem kept his promise to finish the fight in less than three minutes as he nearly decapitated Kazuyuki Fukita at “Dynamite!! 2009” in the first half of the opening round.

The two faced off in Saitama, Japan during the New Year Eve DREAM/Sengoku/K-1 promoted event which aired live in the United States on HDNet.

The normally granite-chinned Fujita ended up leaving the ring in a stretcher after a gigantic knee to the temple left the Japanese wrestler sailing through the ropes in a battered heap in the first round.

Overeem has now gone undefeated in his last eight bouts with victories over the likes of Gary Goodridge, Tony Sylvester, and James Thompson.

In other news, it has now been more than two years since the Strikeforce heavyweight title has been defended.

• Bad Monkey says:

Keep crushing those cans, Overjuiced!

• Bad Monkey: Keep crushing those cans, Overjuiced!

Damn it, you got to say it before me…..Fedor, Brock, Mir, Carwin, Dos Santos, Shogun(again) would beat him down. Most of them whether he’s on the gummy berry juice…or not.

• hindsightufuk says:

i do like Alastair but the last line says it all

victories over the likes of Gary Goodridge, Tony Sylvester, and James Thompson.

nice

• fanoftna33 says:

I havent talked bad about this guy yet but after watching the latest mismatch for Overeem I can honestly say that I dont care to watch another of his fights again until it is against somebody that can at least put up a fight.

I DO NOT RESPECT this guy cause he has that too cool for school attitude and in the back of his mind he has to know he is painting a false picture and that if he dared stepped in the ring with a Fedor or any one within that caliber of fighter that he would be handed his ass… To know your not the real deal but still act liek you are must make it hard to sleep at night knowing the time will come when your exposed and imbarressed.

I don’t dislike the guy because I can see the fact of getting paid to do nothing, shit I wish I had a job like that… I wouldn’t walk around like I’m the man, I think I would keep a lower profile and get my payday with out thinking it means anything.
    just my thoughts…

• sexy-yama says:

hey guys is it just me or does alistair look bigger than he did a year ago, LIKE wTF< omg guys i dare say he is juicing *giggles*, what a badass ko thou kudos

• sexy-yama says:

why all the hate?, he couldnt defend his sf title because of the cut on his hand *lol* but he took 5 bouncers on,aw yeah badass 101,also they didnt have any contenders till like 6months ago or sumthing like that

• paddiosf says:

SO dam Juiced for sure, its so ridiculous how much size Oveeriod has put on since Pride? I see why he doesnt fight in the States, avoiding the strict testing…

• Guthookd says:

They should have just made it fair and poked Overeem in the eye before the first and only bell. Money in his pocket, but man, minutes I’ll never get back. LOL. Time for some competition.

• Curly Biddles says:

While Overeem’s MMA competition has left much to be desired, I don’t knock him for taking the fight in front of the 37k person audience on New Years Eve. Felt bad for Fujita as it was a complete mismatch, but they agreed to fight and that is what they do for a living; take your check and cash it in the hospital I suppose.

Overeem has been fighting the worlds best K-1 kickboxers in the last year or so, so in that regard he has been taking on stiff competition.

I don’t hate him for staying busy although it would be nice to see him focus on Strikeforce in 2010 and in the UFC in 2011 for a run there. He has lots left in the tank and with proper preperation, can even pass a drug test (yes that was a joke!)

• Connor Cobain says:

OK you know what Overeem is a talented fighter and is NOT on roids……………hahahahaha. Can’t believe I was even able to type that. Overeem needs to ditch Strikeforce and fight in the UFC so that we can watch him get dropped by Carwin, get his arm ripped off by Mir, and get smashed by Lesnar.