Alistair Overeem: I predict a three minute knockout over Fujita at “Dynamite!! 2009”

Alistair Overeem recently sat down to speak about his upcoming heavyweight clash with Kazuyuki Fujita at “Dynamite!! 2009“.

The DREAM/Sengoku/K-1 promoted event will be taking place on New Years Eve from Japan.

Check out the video below where “The Demolition Man” offers up a prediction on his December 31 bout, along with being grilled about his eating habits and sushi obsession.

Alistair Overeem: I predict I will not fight in Strike Force and they will strip me of my belt in 2010!

And he really doesn’t care- he’s getting paid to fight his hand picked fights and inflate his record and his head…

• rage says:

who does he think he is… yeh ur going 2 knock him out the guys not on your level in striking…i would love for overeem to fight fedor just so fedor could destroy him…and im not a fedor fan

• Davey D says:

I really wish Allistar was in the UFC so we don’t have to deal with all this Strikeforce/K-1/Dream stuff. Although it is interesting what he is doing now and he says he is getting paid well.. In the case of Overeem, I just want to see what he can do in the Octagon against their roster. I’m sure that his Management is being very careful with his carrer at this point because he stock is rising slowly but surely with the way his fight path has been over the last two years.

I just hope he is taking all the proper methods and not cheating himself. He seems to be in great health and once he lands in Strikeforce (if ever). Should he be victorius and win some fights. Alistair could set himself up with a very nice contract with Zuffa. That is what I believe his long term goals are, to fight for the UFC.

But…with Fedor Emelianenko standing in the way. I’m not really sure if that’ll ever happen without him losing a fight first. Coker says Overeem could fight Rogers or someone else before Fedor. Is he saying it’ll be a non-Title bout or no? He has also said we might see Werdum vs. Emelianenko. I guess only time will tell us what is really going to happen. I’ll stay tuned. Strikeforce is getting to be very entertaining.

• Makington says:

• rage says:

Makington: Why should Rogers get the title shot before Fedor, who knocked him out? That doesn’t make sense to me, although you might be right since Coker said Fedor would fight Werdum next, which should be an even easier fight for Fedor since Fabricio doesn’t have that one-punch mystique that Brett had. Werdum mostly has his jiu-jitsu, but we’re talking about the Fedor who outpointed Nogueira on the ground.To me it’s obvious why he isn’t fighting in the states. I’ve never seen what appears to be a more obvious steroid case than this one. Seriously, go look at a picture of him from a couple years ago. Sure he’s always been ripped, but now he’s just huge. This is the guy who cut to Lightheavyweight to fight Vitor Belfort just a few years ago, who actually weighed under 205, and who is now 260 of literally just muscles. He has muscles bulging out that I didn’t know existed. His muscles have little muscles on top of them. I just can’t see any way he can get that big without his power juice. I’m a big fan of the way he fights, but I have to put that aside and make unbiased decisions. He hasn’t and won’t fight in the states for a long time. Unless he finds some way to trick the test I can’t see him passing.http://media.photobucket.com/image/alistair%20overeem%20steroid/9ho1oha1/mma/Overeem-Timeline.jpgI don’t know if I can post links like this but just google it if the one I put gets taken down. It has pictures from 2003 up until present. I get in the first pictures he was only 23 and quite possibly growing still but man, I wish I could hit a growth spurt like that naturally.

oh man that link says it all good stuff markington

• felrod says:

I believe Badr Hari needs to head kick the shit out of him again.

@ felrod

Best part is he said recently he really wants to fight Badr Hari again…maybe he knows something we don’t.

• Makington says:

He said he wanted to fight him again, but with MMA rules. He would obviously take him down and make him look stupid before he mercy-tapped him. It’s easy to forget that the Demolition Man is primarily a submission fighter with most wins by sub.

@ Makington :

Thanks, good point – obviously I over looked that stipulation in his statement… agree with you on the rest.

• Davey D says:

@ Makington:

You make some very good points! I have no idea why Overeem wouldn’t fight anyone other than Fedor except for the “build-up factor” for “casual fans” or for people not in the know (CBS). To me, it is re-dic when I hear Coker say stuff like that. It sure seems like they want to have Fedor fight 3 non-Title fights before he does fight for their Championship. Now, he’d have to win said 3 fight’s of which he is surely capable and that to me is plain stupid. But…they must want to build him up, hope he keeps winning, re-sign him, THEN give Fedor the Title shot and everythang should work well. Wow!!!

If Strikeforce and CBS are billing Fedor Emelianenko as “The Baddest Man On The Planet errff”. That guy should’ve been fighting for the Title in November or be fighting for it in April at the very least. Against Alistair Overeem or not.

• submit662266 says:

Wow!! He became massive!!

I don’t want to hear Overeem talk about anything except defending his belt. Fedor obviously deserves the first crack at him. Does anyone really want to see Fedor beatdown Werdum? SF has made many good moves this year, but their failure to put this together is a problem.

• D241 says:

I predict an upset victory for Fujita. Striker vs Grappler but Fujita has one of if not THE toughest skull on the planet. Fujita is the only fighter that I know of who used his own skull to win the fight by breaking the hand of his opponent with his skull(K.Shamrock)

How has Overeem faired against mma fighters with decent wrestling? Remember his fights with Shogun? Shogun took him down at wiil. Fujita is alot better wrestler than Shogun.. That being said though, Shogun uses his superb striking to set up the takedowns where has Fujita pretty much shoots in for a double or single leg without much set up. But Fujita is Japan Olympic caliber wrestler and if he can get Overeem down, I don’t think Overeem will get up. At least that’s what I’d like to happen.
    But perhaps Alistair keeps distance and keeps it standing and knocks out the tough Fujita.

• Nick Havok says:

Good post, D241.

But I just don’t think there is really anyway that Fujita can win this. Even if he takes Alistair down, I don’t believe Fujita can hold him there. Because as we all know, Overeem is virtually twice as big and strong as when he fought and as you said, was taken down at will by one of the world’s best fighters, Shogun. Not to mention Overeem has also had a few years to work on his weaknesses.

Look what happened when Mark Hunt recently took Overeem down. Alistair went from being side mounted to making Mark tap within mere seconds. And I’m not saying Mark Hunt has Fujita’s skills on the ground, no sir. I know how bad Hunt is on the ground. I’m just saying Mark is a big man…and Alistair flipped him and tapped him very quickly.

I personally think overeem is going to knock him out. Fujita’s head will be too big of a target not to miss…or Overeem will play it safe and secure the guillotine if the opportunity presents itself.

• felrod says:

Rece: who do you have in the rubber match?

I got Badr; did you see the K1 GP?!? Semmy Schilt won it all but Badr looked unstoppable (he lost to Semmy in SF’s), Alistair massacred a Brazilian guy whose name I can’t recall and then got owned by Badr.

I think Badr’s speed will neutralize his power and Megareem is actually shorter than him so reach is a wash also. It comes down to technicality and which fighter has less distractions/better health. Technique wise Badr wins out in a land slide but one must consider all the other intangibles a fighter cannot control