Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster set for UFC 110

In a bout that has definite potential to grab “Fight of the Night” honors, Chris Lytle is expected to face off with Brian Foster at UFC 110 after a recent injury forced Dong Hyun-Kim from the match-up with “Lights Out”.

The news of the bout was recently made public by Foster on his MySpace account.

UFC 110 is expected to take place on February 21 from Sydney, Australia.

Foster has quickly made his presence known in the UFC with back to back thrilling performances, grabbing “FOTN” honors for his submission defeat at the hands of Ricky Story and putting on a show before most recently stopping Brock Larson, while Lytle has earned the “FOTN” bonus in his previous three consecutive bouts against the likes of Paul Taylor, Marcus Davis and Kevin Burns.

A full list of the bouts expected for UFC 110 are listed below:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Ryan Bader vs. Keith Jardine

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Ben Rothwell

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic

Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

Brian Foster vs. Chris Lytle

Igor Pokrajac vs. James Te Huna

• Makington says:

We better be seeing this fight on the main card. I am officially a Brian Foster fan after his destruction of Brock Larson.

I know the Cro Cop/Rothwell fight is bigger names, but until Cro Cop proves he can be exciting again I’d rather see this fight which we all KNOW will be great.

Unfortunately I think in the UFC mindset ,Cro Cop is easy to market on the card and his name recognition bring some viewership with it… then again theres a few well known names on the under card so let’s see what happens.

• Rich S. says:

Brian has looked good so far in the UFC..
    I know Chris likes to throw down but he better keep his hands up, here..

• KTru says:

The Aussies are getting a bad-ass card for the first trip “down-under”

This is a good card indeed, hope it stays that way… ; )

• fanoftna33 says:

I would say right now that Stevenson vs Sotiropoulos will be fight of the year canidate. This is one card that I would not miss, 7 of the 10 fights are looking great.

• thunder okami says:

108 looked amazing at one point as well…….I shouldnt jinx it though =X >_>

But for now, the card is insane

• Makington says:

KTru: The Aussies are getting a bad-ass card for the first trip “down-under”Here is to Reljic making his long-awaited return by literally destroying Clarence B. Dollaway

Clarence B. Dolloway?!?!? How embarrassing. No wonder he calls himself CB.

Good points Rece Rock. Cro Cop back in the day was the man, and although he’s been disappointing for the past while, he’s still got the name Cro Cop. I personally think he’d look 200 times better fighting people his size at LHW, which he obviously won’t do, especially when he signs to fight a full blown 265’er.

• king mah mah says:

I love watching Chris Lytle fight, no matter who it’s against. Hope they fit this fight in on the PPV. Because I will definitely be ordering this UFC. (I normally get them all anyway, but this card is looking sweet!)

• Jak says:

To me, this is the third best looking fight on the card behind Wandy/Bisping and Nog/Cain.

Foster is a great match up for Lytle and we’ll get to see if Foster is tough enough to get past Lytle and if he’s on his way to being one of the next top prospects. Maybe see a Story/Foster rematch down the road when they’re both more well known!