Medical Suspensions Issued for WEC 45

WEC-45The Nevada State Athletic Commission has released its list of medical suspensions resulting from action at WEC 45. According to an email sent to Five Ounces of Pain by NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer, nine athletes have been issued at least some sort of mandated break before fully resuming their training schedule and stepping back into the cage

Many of the suspensions are minimal in nature, though Chris Horodecki, Zach Micklewright, and John Hosman could potentially be on the sidelines for up to six months without receiving doctors’ clearance relating to injuries sustained in their respective bouts.

The complete list of suspensions is as follows:

Jameel Massouh – Suspended until 1/19/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

Kyle Dietz – Suspended until 1/19/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

Courtney Buck – Suspended until 2/3/10 (no contact until 1/19/10)

John Hosman – Must have possible nasal fracture cleared by ENT doctor or no contact until 6/8/10

Muhsin Corbrrey – Suspended until 2/3/10 (no contact until 1/19/10 due to cut on eyebrow)

Zach Micklewright – Must have right elbow x-rayed and cleared by orthopedist or no contact until 6/8/10, minimum suspension until 1/20/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

Rani Yahya – Suspended until 1/19/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

Chris Horodecki – Must have orbital and sinus fractures cleared by ENT doctor or no contact until 6/8/10, minimum suspension until 1/19/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

Ed Ratcliff – Suspended until 1/19/10 (no contact until 1/10/10)

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Oh, and in case anyone didn’t know, ENT = Ear, Nose, and Throat.

Ed Ratcliff – Suspended until 1/19/10 due to his gonads being located in his abdomen (no contact until 1/10/10)

• Bad Monkey says:

Dammit Rece Rock!!! You beat me to it!!

• GassedOut says:

I mean…that’s rule number one. We call that a suicide move at the dojo.

• Nick Havok says:

GassedOut: Chris Horodecki suspended until cleared by a psychologist for EVER turining his back on an opponent in the middle of a fight…I mean…that’s rule number one. We call that a suicide move at the dojo.

Yes. Horodecki’s choice to turn and run was very foolish indeed.

And the way he ate that kick reminds me of Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist…where Wimp-Lo was talking about his face-to-foot style.

I can just picture Chris in the back arguing with his trainers, “but I am bleeding…making me the victor!”

• Was wondering if Horecki had a broken orbital bone or not. Its crazy but I feel like people turn around and run all of the time in fights like he did. I always wondered why no one chased them and threw the head kick, I bet we see a lot more of it now!

• Nick Havok says:

Does anyone remenber not too long ago during the intermission of Sengoku 11 when they had that thing called “Fight of the Soul” or something and that street fighter named Bull was running away when his opponent reached out and blindsided him with a right hook and sent him crumbling into the ropes?

Freaking hilarious.

I was literaly laughing about as hard as Michael Schaivello on that one.