Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza rolls Matt Lindland (Photo Gallery)

World class submission specialist Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza ripped through UFC veteran Matt Lindland last evening during “Strikeforce: Evolution” much like an alligator would devour an aging zebra that had wandered into it’s waters.

Jacare put the entire Strikeforce middleweight division on notice as he took the fight to Lindland from beginning to end before tightening up the fight ending arm-triangle choke from the top position.

Below is a series of photos from the fight courtesy of Strikeforce and Esther Lin (click on any of the pics to enlarge):

Jacare vs Matt Lindland

Jacare vs Matt Lindland

Jacare vs Matt Lindland

• Good stuff by Jacarae! Can’t wait to see more of him. I’d like to see him vs Shields or maybe him vis Cung Lee.

• Angry Mike says:

I don’t care how many fights he wins, I’ll never forget how Mousasi ko’d Jacare with an upkick at Dream 6. One of the top ten finishes in MMA history, imo.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

• GassedOut says:

Matt Lindland should consider stepping into the role of trainer for up and coming fighters. I don’t think he can hang with the younger crowd anymore. It would be a natural evolution for his carreer. Get it? Strikeforce: Evolution? 😉

• hindsightufuk says:

great performance by Jacare, i want to see the Miller fight as soon as possible

thought his boxing looked pretty good, lacking the head movement tho

• sexy-yama says:

yeah that head kick by the moose was awesome,nothing to be ashamed of thou, jac should go after shields like he said in an interview since they were both headed to the same ORG,and who ever fights shields next better watch out! dont want to get lay and prayed on the contract staph disgusting u seens mayhems neck gross LOL, loose a title fight and get staph ROFL= bad day

• Nick Havok says:

Jacare really impressed me against Matt Lindland.

I couldn’t believe the way he escaped when Matt appeared to have his back and was going to elevate him for the takedown…but Souza maintained balance and then quickly broke the hold.

I was like, “WHOA!”

Maybe the guy really does have the grip strength to climb a rope single-handidly!

But the way he ran through Lindland was remarkable. I can’t wait to see who Strikeforce throws at him next!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

What did the zebra escape from the zoo?. If so I apologise to Cory and the zoo staff. It must be horrible to lose a zebra to alligator attack. What are the odds.

• joe mo mma says:

I think the problem SF faces is the poster boys they do have currently little by little are being exposed by there newer aquisitions… maybe I just see it this way but to me Shields was exposed by Miller even in defeat and awaits to be exposed by Hendo, Cung Li exposed by Scott, I mean theres a few more examples (Babalu) but I guess theres no way around this either…I dunno.

• Nick Havok says:

joe mo mma: did anyone else find it insulting to Souza when Stephen Quadros was telling him yell out “jiu jitsu” in what seemed to be his attempt at a brazilian accent? his post fight interviews are pointless. i dont like that guy one bit.

I didn’t find it insulting as much (Jacare obviously didn’t know what Quadros was saying anyway)…but the whole scene definitely made me cringe a little.

It was not one of Stephen’s better moments.

• 3OAM says:

MMA-LOGIC: Alligator or Crocodile? I don’t think there are zebra in America or China. So if a zebra wandered into it’s waters I think the alligator would be too shocked to do anything, it would probably just stare and say WTF is that old f#cking zebra doing here!?.

Alligator would totally just eat it.