“Strikeforce: Evolution” LIVE Weigh-In Results; King Mo gives away 43 pounds to Whitehead

Strikeforce evolutionFiveOncesofPain is here to bring you all of the latest weigh-in results from “Strikeforce: Evolution“, which is set to take place tomorrow evening from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.

Headlining the card will be a lightweight title bout between Josh Thomson and Gilbert Melendez, along with other bouts such as Cung Le vs. Scott Smith, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Mike Whitehead and more.

The first fighter is expected to hit the scales right around 8 pm ET (5 pm PT).

*Weigh-ins were supposed to begin at 8 pm ET, but as of 8:15 none of the fighters have hit the scale just yet….. It looks like the weigh-ins are starting at 8:30

Below is a full list of the weigh-in results for the event:

Josh Thomson (153) vs. Gilbert Melendez (154)

Cung Le (184) vs. Scott Smith (185.6)

Matt Lindland (185.2) vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (185.4)

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (218.6) vs. Mike Whitehead (261.6)

Antwain Britt (205.6) vs. Scott Lighty (203)

Daisuke Nakamura (154.4) vs. Justin Wilcox (155.6)

Bobby Stack (153.8) vs. David Douglas (157.5)*

Alex Crispim (146.2) vs. A.J. Fonseca (143.2)

*Tarzan has two hours to cut 1.5 pounds

• xtreme_machine says:

Can’t wait man

• cocoonofhorror says:

261 for whitehead? did he know he was fighting?

• xtreme_machine says:

Should be no problem for King Mo

easy win for him before he fights Mousasi

the Hendo vs Musasi (after Hendo destroys Jake)

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I would like to see Hendo vs Mousasi too xtreme but I don’t think that will happen for a while. it would be good to see Filho in the mix at MW if he can still make it. Hendo, Sheilds, Misaki, Filho, Lindland, Jacre, Lawler, Smith, Rua, Villasenor and Le is a great MW division considering the UFC has so many. Perhaps they could afford to move Hendo to LHW now that I think about it.

• Makington says:

I want to see the pictures. I just can’t see Mike Whitehead looking good with that weight. Obviously can’t say for sure but it sounds like the time Fabricio Werdum was trying to get bigger by getting fat instead of putting on muscle. It made him slower and weaker and he got his nose smashed quite terribly by Junior Dos Santos.

• retrofitting123 says:

whitehead 261-why???its all fat -i dont understand

• xtreme_machine says:

Kerr weighted at 261 and he lasted less than a minute

• xtreme_machine: Kerr weighted at 261 and he lasted less than a minute

Whitehead isn’t a big 261lbs, He isn’t a Kerr 261lbs either. Whitehead is 24-6 with battles under his belt and even 3 round battles against top names. Kerr either wins in the first round or looses in the first round…that is no warrior. The weight really makes me wonder if he is trying to pull a Big Country. Problem is that Big Country as more all around skill than whitehead. Mo looks as big at 218lbs as whitedead at 261lbs. Kimbo looked bigger than Big Country.

Its going to be Mo’s toughest fight but because of the quickness I give the fight to Mo. I just don’t know what Whitehead is thinking.

• BigDave says:

This will be the first time Mo has fought even a middle of the road guy so lets see if he can back it up. But this fight doesn’t interest me in the least, the fight I want to see is Le vs. Smith. this Fight is going to be insane I think and for the first time we may see Cung get KTFO! Ok, maybe not but should be one hell of a fight.

• Curly Biddles says:

*Mo TKO Whitehead R1 in an uneventful knock you down and ground and pound you quick victory
    *Cung Le by body kick TKO R3, his strength and Smith’s cryptonite. Well unless Scotty lands the steel first, I shook dude’s hand in Chicago and that sh!t did not feel human (and although I think Cung Le can take a decent shot, he will not be able to take many of Scott’s, but should be able to land the body kicks imo)
    *Jacare should cripple Matt Lindland R1