Back With A Bang: Duane Ludwig vs. Jim Miller expected for UFC 108

In the latest injury replacement connected to UFC 108, Duane “Bang” Ludwig is expected to replace  Sean Sherk who withdrew from his fight with Jim Miller today due to injury. As many of you may remember Sherk was a replacement for the injured Tyson Griffin who was forced off UFC 108 due to injury.

Ludwig has won three of his last four fights with his most recent victory coming on December 4 of this year.  Ludwig will make his first octagon appearance since January of 2006 when he defeated Jonathan Goulet by TKO.

The replacement for the bout was first reported by MMAWeekly.com, citing sources close to the fight.

So with change number nine in place, the expected card for UFC 108 is as follows.

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Jim Miller vs. Duane Ludwig

Junior Dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel

Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann

Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller

Rafaello Oliveira vs. John Gunderson

Steve Cantwell vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Ryan Jensen vs. Mark Munoz

Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle

Stay tuned to FiveOuncesofPain.com as we keep you updated on the UFC 108. .

• Jak says:

Even if there are no “big names” on this card. There is such a clash in styles and potentially amazing or brutal fights.

It doesn’t feel like it should be a pay per view, but if you really look at each match up on it’s own merit, it’s a great way to start off the year.

• danw84 says:

Nah, only tape delayed foreign cards should be PPV.

• mu_shin says:

Maybe the former light heavyweight champion is no longer a “big name”, but agree with Jak, there should be some excellent matchups on this card.

Redemption for Evans or Silva, if either wants to seriously contend for the LHW belt again. Silva has the punching power to end Rashad’s night at any time, but Thiago’s attack is often very linear. Evans has lots of lateral movement and good footwork to step off of Silva’s line, and can put good power into both his hands and his kicks. This one could get interesting if instead of slugging it out, one or the other takes the fight to the ground, pitting Silva’s BJJ against Rashad’s wrestling.

Thinking the Dos Santos/Yvel fight will set the stage for some real fire works. Both of these guys are accomplished strikers with lots of knockouts between them. Mostly remember Yvel getting dominated on the ground by Barnett, but this one doesn’t read like a fight that will end up on the ground.

• GassedOut says:

Wow, Ludwig. Never would have even thought of him…I guess that’s why I don’t have Joe Silva’s job.

This is an interesting card with all kinds of potential to do one of two things, just like the last one – be explosive with a bunch of great fights, or be really boring because everyone wants to not lose instead of wanting to win. On paper, the only fight I have interest in is Dos Santos/Yvel. But then again, at the last PPV, I was really only interested in Florian/Guida, and I was wrong, it was a great night of fights, including Penn’s one-sided beatdown of Sanchez. So I’m really hoping it will go the way UFC 107 did and be a great night of fights. Either way, I’ll be watching.

• Nick Havok says:

I think Miller vs. Ludwig is an awesome replacement fight! Props to Joe Silva and the UFC for pulling it out at the last second.

I still think this line-up looks pretty awesome…despite all the changes. This card is a true testament to the depth and power of the UFC.

• David Andrest says:

Donn’t get cazy and pin your hopes on any of these fights. There is too much time before the event for that.

• Jstew3785 says:

• RoadsideGraphix says:

This is like a fight night card…. not sure its worth the PPV money.

• GassedOut says:

Jstew3785: They need to cryogenically freeze all these fighters until weigh-ins just to assure there are no more injuries.

Bet that would help with the weight cuts! 😉

• Rich S. says:

Nice to see “Bang” back in the UFC.. This is a tough fight for him, but he could take it..

• Makington says:

Not again!!!!!!!! Miller/Griffin was my pick for FotN, and I thought Miller had the tools to beat Griffin, then it all gets changed to Sherk, which I actually didn’t mind. I thought it would still be FotN, and that Miller still had the tool to make a statement to everyone. Yes, I have a man crush on Jim, but he’s a beast. I’m still stoked to see him fight, but I’d rather watch him fight the best, and I believe he takes this one easily. Duane is stepping up huge for Dana and the UFC, but I don’t see how he can take the UFC’s most underrated fighter.

• king mah mah says:

All I want to see is Thiago doing the throat slitting motion after he fractures Rashad’s skull!!