Robbie Lawler out of “Strikeforce: Evolution”

robbie lawlerRobbie Lawler has been removed from “Strikeforce: Evolution” with just a few days to go prior to the event due to not being able to secure an opponent for the heavy handed middleweight.

Trevor Prangley was previously expected to face off with Lawler at the event before a recent injury forced the native South African from the card.

According to a report over at AOL Fanhouse, Lawler’s expected bout will be replaced with nothing, as the main card will now feature the previously announced match-ups between of Cung Le vs. Scott Smith, Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Melendez, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs. Mike Whitehead, and Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Matt Lindland.

• king mah mah says:

Man that sucks. Still enough decent fights to tune in though.

• moosebaby02 says:

crap. with you king. was looking forwad to seeing Lawler

• Guthookd says:

I bet Robbie is bummed. He trained for this for days and now he has to just watch. Hopefully they’ll get him on the next card.

• keyboardwarrior says:

Sucks. I am a bit surprised they aren’t going to push one of the fights on the undercard to the televised portion.

• Man… they can’t get ANYONE to fight Robbie Lawler. Well just goes to show how thin Strikeforce is. Ya this is still a good lineup but wow, I’m just glad it airs for free. This never would’ve happened in the UFC.

I’m really looking forward to King Mo vs Whitehead. I think that is a really good starter match up for Mo. Of course Melendez vs Thomson and Cung vs Smith. Robbie would have been a good topper but owe well. Heck ..Brock Larsen is out there floating around and for surley would step up ..hmm..weird. I hope Melendez kicks the punk out of tomson and Cung lee knocks out smith and my money is on Whitehead. I would vote King Mo but he looked scared talking about his beef with Rampage on youtube LOL trying to act hard and whitehead is a tough dude.

Upset special is written all over this card. Anyone of these fights could go either way.

• Makington says:

And hopefully they don’t leave him hanging without paying him like they did last time tot he fighters who got screwed out of competing. I was looking forward to seeing him fight, but I won’t lie, Trevor Prangley definitely wasn’t my first choice for a brawl.

I can see that I’m a little brainwashed by now because after I read the headline my first thought was ‘INJURY!!!’ I didn’t actually realize it was because he had no opponent until I read it over again. Look what UFC 108 has done to me!

• Nick Havok says:

I don’t think this is that major of a blow to the Strikeforce card…after all, he didn’t even have an opponent anyway.

And now that Lawler is officially off this card they can now add him to January’s event in Florida against Melvin Manhoef.

I don’t know about you guys…but that works for me!

• fanoftna33 says:

• Nick Havok says:

fanoftna33: What a bad break for Lawler espacially at christmas time, and speaking of Christmas COREY , I think right up there on my list will be the shirt I won, how is the shipping coming along???

What kind of shirt?

Because if 5 oz. has t-shirts…I want one too!

• fanoftna33 says:

• Nick Havok says:

fanoftna33: It was a contest about 5 months ago for free Affliction shirts for the Fedor vs Barnett fight, and we are waiting to recieve the shirts(which are pretty cool event shirts)

Ohhhhh.

LOL!

• keyboardwarrior says:

Nick Havok: Ohhhhh.Yeah, the Affliction event T’s are pretty sweet. I have the Banned and Day of Reckoning ones myself…and was looking to pick up Trilogy’s as well until the whole event fell apart.Funny thing is though, even weeks after the event was already cancelled, The Buckle still had Trilogy shirts for sale…and at full price I might add.LOL!

• Nick Havok says:

keyboardwarrior: didn’t even know the buckle was still around, last time I went there was at Bannister Mall

That place looks like a complete wasteland now.

• keyboardwarrior says:

Nick Havok: LOL at the bannister Mall reference. That is hilarious! I live about 3 minutes away from there.That place looks like a complete wasteland now.Seriously, they don’t even have the stop lights working on Hillcrest anymore bcause it is so deserted in that area.

• Nick Havok says:

keyboardwarrior: Turning the traffic lights off is probably more for safety, so people don’t get carjacked. 3 minutes from there? I hope you mean 3 minutes driving really really fast

• keyboardwarrior says:

Nick Havok: I know what you mean about the car-jackings…hell, over there they will steal your beats while your music is still playing!So, do you still live in the KC area? Are you going to Titan Fight Night 15 tomorrow?

• Makington says:

Cory, you need to make 5oz shirts! I’d wear one like no tomorrow!

• Nick Havok says:

keyboardwarrior: Live in Lees Summit. Not going to be able to make the fights tomorrow night, wish I could though. Memorial Hall is a great place to see fights, no bad seat in the house.

I can’t wait though…I love some MMA at Memorial Hall! It’s going to be a great time. :)

• Nick Havok says:

Makington: Cory, you need to make 5oz shirts! I’d wear one like no tomorrow!

So would I!

• keyboardwarrior says:

Nick Havok: I like Lees Summit. We stay just off Blue Ridge and 470 and we head over to Lees Summit almost every weekend to shop. You guys have all the best stores over there! I love it.But too bad you won’t be able to make the Titan Fight Night show tonight. I am taking my girlfriend’s son with me. He is 8 and is always begging to go to the fights with me. So I figure I’d give him the chance.I can’t wait though…I love some MMA at Memorial Hall! It’s going to be a great time.

• Nick Havok says:

keyboardwarrior: oh ok I know where you are. you should check out Big T’s sometime if you like bbq! I am sure you already know about Paul’s drive in..

Ok. Just talking about that made me hungry. I want to eat now.

• keyboardwarrior says:

Nick Havok: Big T’s…Pauls. I am just about right smack dab in between the two. I haven’t tried Big T’s out yet (only lived out there since August), but Paul’s is the shiznit! I actually know of other people that live in Lees Summit who make the drive out just to get some Paul’s burgers. They are that good!Ok. Just talking about that made me hungry. I want to eat now.

the Big T’s out by you is kind of a dive but the food is good. There is another T’s on 350 on your way to the plaza that is much nicer. Damn I am getting hungry now too but I work all the way out in Knob Noster and there isn’t jack out here/

• Mr. Roze says:

Hey KEYBOARDWARRIOR & NICK HAVOK what is this online dating?! j/k LOL!!!