Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Aleksander Emelianenko possible for KSW & M-1 Global co-promotion in April

aleksander emelianenkoFive-time Worlds Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski is currently one of the most talked about names in the sport of mixed martial arts following his recent lightning quick demolition of professional boxer Marcin Najman that was viewed by nearly six million live viewers during last weekend’s KSW 12 card in Poland.

It now looks as if the 300 pound colossus with a background in Kyokushin Karate and Boxing may be taking a big jump up in competition in an effort to fast track it to the top of the heavyweight mountain by possibly colliding with the brother to the baddest man on the planet, and a pretty bad man in his own right, Aleksander Emelianenko.

Apparently KSW is currently in talks with M-1 Global in an attempt to co-promote the promotion’s next card during an event that is being targeted for April in Russia according to the Oskar Berezowski/Polska newspaper.

Outside of Emelianenko, it looks like Bob “The Beast” Sapp is also being considered as a possible next opponent for Pudzian according to a recent tip over at mmarocks_pl.

If these early reports of KSW and M-1 Global possibly co-promoting in the future are true, this writer has to wonder whether or not we may see “Super Mario” stateside sometime soon in a similar co-promotion package. While M-1 Global have always welcomed co-promotion with open arms, Strikeforce has long held the same stance.

I don’t know, but how does Pudzianowski vs. say…. Bobby Lashley sound to you guys? Sounds like money in the bank for all involved to me.

• MacBatty says:

1st! I finally beat Nick to 1st on one of these post!!!!! J/K

I love watching any of the Emelianenko brothers fight. Aleksander might not be the dominate specimen that Fedor is but, he is always fun to watch and always comes to fight. I’m still bummed we didnt get to see him fight in the United States last year.

Dont know much about Pudzianowski but, I hope those tough man competitions have a Chin competition because if Aleksander hits it….Its lights out no mater how many Kegs of beer you can throw over your head!

• fanoftna33 says:

Aleksander has way to much experience to be thrown a newcomer like this.

• Nick Havok says:

I bet Aleksander destroys this guy if they fight.

His striking is much more crisp. And if Pudz tries to come at Aleksander in the wild manner he did in his first fight he will get absolutely picked apart.

Pudz would be much better off fighting Bobb Sapp…a guy who doesn’t pose any threat on the feet.

• qat says:

Nick Havok:

or anywhere else.. for that matter.
    aleks would probably destroy him, and i think lashley would as well. he has the strength to take him down and pound on him, i cant see that pudz is able to do anything about it.
    but if he thinks he can take them on, why not, could be exciting.

• Makington says:

I can’t see Pudz being a threat outside of the first 40 seconds. The wild way he went in his first fight showed that he doesn’t know how to pace himself yet along with the crazy wild kicks and punches that he threw with full power. I mean, with muscles that are so big you weigh 300……..million pounds that’s a hell of a lot of oxygen to keep them moving, and it looks like he was wasting the little oxygen he has.

Man, I feel bad for his heart. It’s probably 120 bpm just to walk to a store.

• ndizzle says:

him vs bob sapp in japan,they go insane for that kind of stuff

• Dufresne says:

I guess I’m just reiterating what everyone else here has said when I say that Sapp would be the much better choice for Super Mario right now. I’m not saying he couldn’t beat Aleksander, he’s definitely powerful enough to drop just about anyone, but Aleksander is very, very experienced and is also very talented.
    Not to mention the dude killed a bear with a knife! I don’t think I’d ever want to step into a ring with someone that has that on their resume.

• Angry Mike says:

I haven’t heard Aleksander’s name in a while. I think he was supposed to fight on one of the Affliction cards, but didn’t because he was positive for hepatitis. I also remember discussions to the effect that he doesn’t train as hard as he should. Is the guy healthy and in good condition? If so, Pudz. will have his hands full with an experienced fighter. If not, Pudz. is getting a can with a name to build his resume.

• JabCrossHook says:

Aleksandr will just straight up knock out Mariusz, just the experience and reach advantage will be too much for Mariusz.

• retrofitting123 says:

pudian should wait on the fight with alesander. Too risky for his second fight. Look what happened to brock in his second fight by stepping up too fast. he was submitted by mir.I think sapp or hong man is a better match up. you dont want to start your career with a losing record.also ,pudian is now 276.8 so he could easily transition to sf or ufc

• Unabomberman says:

Huh?!

Okay, are the sayings that Aleks has Hep-B unfounded? I mean, who really wants to run that risk?

Does Pudzianowski even know about them?

• Nick Havok says:

I wish Aleksander could fight in the states.

• ndizzle says:

Nick Havok: I wish Aleksander could fight in the states.His name could easily be mentioned along side the other elite heavyweights fighting in either Strikeforce or the UFC.He would no doubt be a solid addition to either promotion…and an instant threat.

i think coker has said that aleks is welcomed if he clears up a few issues here

• cocoonofhorror says:

if they put Pud in w/ Aleks at this point, they are retarded. he would get humiliated.

• Niv says:

I agree with pretty much everyone else here, this is a huge step up in competition and I’d definitely put my money on Emelianenko here.

Here’s the gigantic what if? What if Pudz actually dismantles him? That would make him ten times more marketable than he already is. He has freakish size and strength and if he has a chin and a little endurance he will be a very dangerous man.

I hope win, lose or draw that he has a good showing, I think he’d look great fighting in SF. At least I have to give the guy credit that he’s eyeing the true prize in Fedor and not going after the consolation prize elsewhere.

• gueda says:

alexender will destroy super mario with one punch! not a good idea.

• retrofitting123 says:

I dont think mariusz will be beat easily by anyone.

• dpk says:

After his 1st fight I said he should get 3-4 fights and then hopefully UFC or SF would pick him up and give him a chance. Fight Alex is insane. Bob Sapp, or one of the RUKS (Randon United Kingdom Strikers) like Colin Robinson, Neil Wain, or Neil Grove would be a better fight for him at this stage.

Of course a win over Alex, and I’d say UFC needs to pick him up right away.

• fraz says:

I’ve never read so many obvious and repititious comments in a thread on this site ever before.

Weak-sauce all around.

• mu_shin says:

Watched Marius many times in World’s Strongest Man, and he is definitely incredibly strong (duh…) but also shows unusual endurance for such a big muscular guy, doing truck pulls and some of the strong man events that are not simply explosive stength but also demand some cardio, like the power lifts they do for reps, not simply for one rep max. Hard to judge his athleticism from watching those kinds of events, but he is smaller than many of the competitors, and obviously carries a lot less body fat than many of his peers. If, as someone said above, Pudzianowski walks around at 280, a cut to 265 should be possible, if he wanted to compete as a heavyweight in the US.

I’ve read various statements concerning World’s Strongest Man being a “tested” event, which I find very hard to believe when you see guys walking around at 350+ deadlifting 700 pounds for reps and doing a standing military press with hundreds of pounds, again for as many as a dozen reps. It would most likely be a challenge for Pudzianowski to get sanctioned in the USA by any state athletic commission, but I guess we shouldn’t put the cart before the horse. If he shows well against Emelianenko, it would seem likely that there would be some interest in seeing him fight here in the states, and Lashley/Pudzianowski reads like a clash of the titans. If Brock Lesnar has taught us anything, it’s that size and strength do matter, so add another name to the monster roll call…

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I will be interested to see how Marius goes. Bob Sapp may be a better choice first up. Aleks is a good fighter and has potential to be even better. I would consider him as top 20 or so so it is a big call for a debut.

• doowm says:

mu shin said ‘….. If Brock Lesnar has taught us anything, it’s that size and strength do matter, so add another name to the monster roll call…’
    size and strength matter IF they are coupled w/ natural athletic prowess and ability! not just any ‘muscle head’ can come in on these immensely trained hw mma’ers and dominate the way brock has. not pudzianowski, not lashley, not sapp, not carwin, etc. brock is the very definition of ‘freak of nature!’. he’s a giant man w/ great cardio and an unmatched athleticism for his size. marius can only dream of EVER doing what brock has and will do in this sport!

• retrofitting123 says:

well lesnar came in at a good time and had the right opportunites. i would hope no one becomes ufc heavyweight champ in 4 fights again.The division was weak at the time and ufc was looking for big wrestlers like carwin lesnar and cain.Lifes about timing and lesnars sucess does not mean the other big guys will be failures

• pain says:

This in regards to old chat about Mariusz being drug free!!!! No disrespect but are you kidding me ACE328! No offense but don`t have much knowledge when comes to training. I m taking anything away from the man but you actually believe that all those giant guys just came from some special genetic pool. You probably believe that all the guys in Muscle and Fitness are just taking liver supps to get that big.