Alistair Overeem, Kid Yamamoto join Mousasi and Manhoef at “Dynamite!! 2009”

melvin manhoefDREAM along with World Victory Road recently combined to make a slew of bouts official for their co-promoted New Years Eve event titled “Dynamite!! 2009“.

The event will take place from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, and is set to air live on HDNet stateside.

Some of notable athletes appearing on the card will be Norofumi “Kid” Yamamoto, Ray Sefo and current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem will be facing off with Kazuyuki Fujita.

FiveOuncesofPain.com has also been able to confirm through sources close to both fighters that Gegard Mousasi and Melvin Manhoef will both be competing at the event as well, although no news is available in regards to either of their opponents as of this time.

Mousasi will be taking part in a kickboxing rules bout.

A full list of the bouts expected for “Dynamite!! 2009” are listed below:

Gegard Mousasi vs. TBA (K-1 Rules)

Melvin Manhoef vs. TBA

Alistair Overeem vs. Kazuyuki Fujita

Andy Souwer vs. Masato (K-1 Rules)

Satoshi Ishii vs. Hidehiko Yoshida

Norofumi “Kid” Yamamoto vs. Masanori Kanehara

Hiroshi Izumi vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Marlon Sandro vs. Hideo Tokoro

Akihiro Gono vs. Hayato “Mach” Sakurai

Michihiro Omigawa vs. Hiroyuki Takaya

Yosuke Nishijima vs. Ray Sefo (K-1)

Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (Super Hulk Tournament Finals)

Hiroya vs. Japan Masaaki Noiri (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)

Katsuki Ishida vs. Shota Shimada (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal)

Tsukasa Fuji vs. Ryuya Kusakabe (K-1 KOSHIEN semifinal reserve bout)

• Makington says:

Hot damn, I didn’t realize this card was so stacked. Unfortunately for me, I’m going to have to watch it online the day after. Here’s hoping Kid Yamamoto can come back strong with a big win.

• Nick Havok says:

I’m so glad HDNet is airing this. The card looks bad ass!

I hope they show all the fights in what turns into a 6 hour marathon of combat sports. That would be sweet.

Because if I’m not mistaken, these should come on very early New Years Eve, which means I can wake up that day and watch these at my convenience off the DVR…and then party that night.

Sounds like a perfect plan for that day! :)

• hindsightufuk says:

i’m actually touching my self right now

• fanoftna33 says:

hindsightufuk: fuck me! i was hoping Dream/WVR were gonna top this card off with some top fighters cos the first announcements were’nt overly interesting, but fuck me does this look awesome!i’m actually touching my self right now

A little to much info Hindsight, but funny.
    This is another pretty fun card to see for free, hopefully Fujita vs Overeem lasts a while but we will see,
    also looking forward to the finals of the super hulk tournament finals, hopefully Minowman takes it.

• azsimp says:

Kazuyuki Fujita is 1-3 in the past 3 years and is smallish for HW. When will Overeem fight in Strikeforce again? WTF, he is still listed as their HW title holder, I think there is some Russian guy on Strikeforces roster who would like a shot at that belt!

• Bad Monkey says:

THAT’S IT!!!!!! If Strikeforce doesn’t strip Overeem of the title immediately then having Fedor on their roster is f**king worthless. Alistair Overjuiced is NEVER coming back to fight in the States.

• qat says:

did mousasi requested to fight under k-1 rules?
    and yeah, overeem gets another easy fight, all for the record, baby!

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah from what i heard gegard wanted to do more k1 rules. dont be suprised to see him boxing at some point in the next couple years too

• keyboardwarrior says:

Comcast needs to get HDNET back!!!