UFC 107 Live Results & Updates

107Once again it’s on and of course FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here all night to keep you up to date with all of the latest breaking live results and updates from UFC 107 taking place this very evening.

The prelims are set to kick off right around 7 pm ET (4 pm PT), with the live televised portion of the event beginning at 10 pm ET on the dot and all of the action taking place from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee.

Headlining the card we have B.J. Penn defending his lightweight championship against Diego “Yes Man” Sanchez, along with intriguing match-ups of Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo, Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida, Paul Buentello vs. Stefan Struve, and much more.

5 Oz. coverage of the event will begin when the first prelim fighters touch gloves.

Enjoy the fights everyone!!

T.J. Grant def. Kevin Burns via TKO – Round 1

DaMarques Johnson def. Edgar Garcia via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1

Rousimar Palhares def. Lucio Linhares via submission (heel hook) – Round 2

Johny Hendricks def. Ricardo Funch via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)

Matt Wiman def. Shane Nelson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Alan Belcher def. Wilson Gouveia via TKO – Round 1

Stefan Struve def. Paul Buentello via majority decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-28)

Kenny Florian def. Clay Guida via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 2

Jon Fitch def. Mike Pierce via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Frank Mir def. Cheick Kongo via submission (guilotine) – Round 1

FiveOuncesofPain.com invites you, the 5 Oz.’ reader, to take part in Live Round by Round scoring of tonight’s title fight between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez. CLICK HERE to make sure your opinion counts.

B.J. Penn def. Diego Sanchez via TKO (cut) – Round 5

• David Andrest says:

Do I at least get credit for predicting the kick to the apple bag??

• 27jride says:

David you have to predict how many there will be and the number of eye pokes to truly be the man!

• Rich S. says:

Grant by TKO in round 1?

I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaaaad night of picks for me..

• Rich S. says:

DEMARQUES BY TRIANGLE IN ROUND 1?!

Yeah…. I’m screwed..

I hereby change all my picks to brutal upset knockouts..

• David Andrest says:

Nothing better than starting off 0-3 that means I should be on a hot streak soon.

• edub says:

• David Andrest says:

edub: Yea Dave Im at 1-2 right now. Are these blowouts or are people just gettting caught?

just good fights with finishes

• BigDave says:

im 2-2. me and my friend have to take a shot of vodka everytime we call a fight wrong. Could be real drunk by the time things are said and done.

I have these winners left:

wiman, Belcher, Buentello, Guida, Fitch, Kongo, and Sanchez

my friend has the same except for he took Struve, Mir, Penn

• JollyDV says:

come on Paul B. get the KO

• JollyDV says:

now that is what you call swinging for the fences.

• BigDave says:

shot 3 for me but was a fun fight congrats struve

• BigDave says:

wow that was awsome but another shot for me thats 4. gonna be hammered if my guys dont start winning and my buddy is getting there too.

• JollyDV says:

mix it with water. lol.

• bigbadjohn says:

Ken flo looked better against Guida than Diego did

Yeah he did.

• Dufresne says:

Thanks a lot Mir, you just lost a big fan.

• fetussandwich says:

I had no idea Ricco Rodriguez was at Wolfslair. It’s also hard for me to believe the Kongo only has three inches on Mir. He just looks so huge.

• fetussandwich says:

Nighty night Kongo.

HOLY SH*T!!!

• JollyDV says:

1:12 of round 1, not bad at all.

• Dufresne says:

Well he did say it would be no accomplishment to tap him out in the first minute. At least he waited for 12 seconds longer.

• Dufresne says:

And of course, right after I call Mir a d-bag, he comes out and acts very classy, even wishes Brock well in his recovery.

• bigbadjohn says:

Brock>Mir

• BigDave says:

• Mir Mir Mir Mir Mir Mir Mir!!! Yes Yes Yes Yes!!! LMOA!!

• Dufresne says:

BigDave: 5 shots down man Im having a bad night of pickin winners. But i wont remember it in the morning.

I’m on beer 7, doing great on picking winners, sadly I picked against the odds when betting the other day.

• neijia says:

How about the Mir haters get a little humble now like they wanted Mir to be, lol

• neijia says:

He even said it would be by choke so he wouldn’t break any of Kongo’s bones

• fetussandwich says:

Nah Durfresne…you were on the right path with your comments. His “break the bones” shtick is just him doing his best to talk shit and intimidate his opponents and make some sort of persona for himself, but just comes off as ridiculous sometimes and as if he’s projecting his insecurities. I think tonight was the first time in a long time he’s said something like that and actually backed it up, which was fucking awesome. Now it’s humble pie for everyone hoping Kongo would shut him up standing. That match made my PPV.

• neijia says:

I agree it’s just b.s. hype but he did in fact break Sylvia’s arm.

• Dufresne says:

neijia: I agree it’s just b.s. hype but he did in fact break Sylvia’s arm.

Earned his black belt in BJJ that night in the octagon as well if I remember right.

• Dufresne says:

Diego looks like he’s about to take a sh*t in the staredown every time. I understand that’s part of his ritual, but it makes it hard for me to take him seriously.

• fetussandwich says:

Seriously buddy…it’s why I hate him as a fighter. If somebody needs to be shut up, it’s Diego.

And BJ apparently agrees after that first minute.

• Dufresne says:

So much for Diego pressing constantly.

• Dufresne: Can I just say that I no longer like Frank Mir? He was a decent person until he got his face smashed in by Brock, now he says shit like “He may never fight again” and “I want to scar him for life.” What kind of d-bag wants to ruin another competitors livelihood?
    Thanks a lot Mir, you just lost a big fan.

Yes Durfresne you can but, Mir didn’t really think he was going Rip his arm off. Kongo is for surely going to re-think MMA = mentally scared. I think that was what Mir meant. Fighters have to be complete or they should be in the sport.

• fetussandwich says:

“Let’s get it in the middle, homie.”

He apparently is too dazed to remember where that is.

• Dufresne says:

fetussandwich: “Let’s get it in the middle, homie.”He apparently is too dazed to remember where that is.

Head wound, homie.

• fetussandwich says:

Now you can do your yes cartwheels back to the locker room with your new axe wound to reevaluate your career.

• Dufresne says:

Man Diego’s face is messed up. There’s not even a lump on BJ. That wasn’t a title fight, that was a clinic.

• David Andrest says:

Is it safe to say people can STFU about B.J’s cardio now?

• Dufresne says:

Yes. It hasn’t been an issue since before he picked apart Sherk, I don’t know why people still bring it up.

• BJ makes everything look so easy. I am so glad I am here to watch him fight.

I still like Diego though. Good strong fighter just not a champion.

Good night fights…well worth the money.

• Dufresne says:

Lol, “Jeremy Horne fight jitsu”
    I like it!

• bigbadjohn says:

yes its safe Mr. Andrest.

• fetussandwich says:

Amen David.

Mir’s win + Diego’s face = the worth of the PPV

• BigDave says:

I still hate BJ Penn he deserves zero respect ever. oh and right now im on 6 shots and 4 beers so ya its a safe bet i may be a bit drunk.Oh and diego Time to lose the yes cartwheel bs spend more time focusing on fighting and less on the size of tony robins head.

• bigbadjohn says:

solid card. too bad the next two are going to suck. Go Suga’ though

• Dufresne says:

BigDave: I still hate BJ Penn he deserves zero respect ever. oh and right now im on 6 shots and 4 beers so ya its a safe bet i may be a bit drunk.Oh and diego Time to lose the yes cartwheel bs spend more timefocusing on fighting and less on the size of tony robins head.

You may not like him as a person, but you have to respect him as one of the best fighters of all time. His only losses come to former champions and guys that outweighed him by 70+ pounds and he has completely dominated his opponents at 155 lbs.

And for the count: beer 12

• trunk says:

I think BJ landed more hits on him self then Diego landed on BJ.

• Unabomberman says:

fetussandwich: Amen David.Mir’s win + Diego’s face = the worth of the PPV

Easy, pal. Diego’s got tons of crap to work through. First, he has to get a new face; second, he has to have a stern talk with this “God” character who told him it was his destiny. Seriously, talk about misleading.

Now, in all seriousness. Mir and BJ put on a clinic, and the UFC now has a familiar problem, but now at the lightweight division, with an extremely dominant champ and no challengers in sight (at least from a popular perception).

At least Mir got his stuff going, for the next chapter of his bromance with Brock.

• BigDave says:

Yes Penn can fight but he is just a horrible person and to me that far overshadows anything he may do in the cage. He has no redeming qualities as a human IMO. I know i will get a ton of thumbs down for it but thats just how i see it this time round.