Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett set for UFC 108

Paul DaleyWhen the news came out this afternoon that UFC welterweight Carlos Condit had been forced out of his anticipated clash with knockout artist Paul Daley due to an injury, Dustin Hazelett seemed to be on an extremely short list of potential replacement candidates due to his recent bout with Karo Parisyan being scrapped.

It now looks like the temporary wound left by Condit’s removal from the card has found it’s tourniquet in the form of the submission wizard known to many as “McLovin”, who has apparently agreed to the UFC 108 contest according to a recent report over at MMAWeekly.

The pair will face off in a classic “striker vs. grappler” match-up on January 2 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Daley will be returning to the Octagon the heels of his impressive UFC debut where the heavy handed Brit knocked Martin Kampmann senseless with a whirlwind of strikes in the first round during UFC 103, while Hazelett will making his first return to the cage since a November 2008 submission victory over Tamdan McCrory at UFC 91.

A full list of the bouts expected for UFC 108 are listed below:

Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva

Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett

Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout

Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller

Sean Sherk vs. Rafaello Oliveira

Cole Miller vs. Dan Lauzon

Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Steve Cantwell

Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen

Mike Pyle vs. Jake Ellenberger

• king mah mah says:

I hope Dustin beats this bastard! I can’t stand Daley!

• king mah mah says:

Thiago is gonna KO Rashad in the 1st!

• Makington says:

Hazelett has been one of my favourite fighters for quite a while. The way he uses jiujitsu in the cage is second to none. Imo he has the best UFC jiu-jitsu in the sport right now along with Maia. That’s not to say jiu jitsu in general, but as it applies in the octagon. The same way collegiate wrestling is different from wrestling in the octagon.

I’m pulling for another Sub of the night by Hazelett if you couldn’t tell.

• fanoftna33 says:

This is a good match but I dont think it will go well for Hazlett, Daley by ko round1.
    Also Rashad is goning to get ko of the year against Thiago.

• PsYc0tIkDrEaM says:

as long as Hazelett does not stand with Daley.

Hazelett 2nd round submission

• xtreme_machine says:

Man this card went from the years best to the one that looks like it should be FREE on Spike.

• Kamakosmo says:

xtreme: I agree with you…to a point. While this card has a severe lack of “big” names, and no title on the line….for some reason, these types of cards are usually the ones that have the best fights, ya know.

• ndizzle says:

striker vs grappler i think ima have to take dustin daley struggles with a ground guy,losses to the goat and shields recently

• Bad Monkey says:

Awesome! This card just got better by a big leap. WAR McLovin!!!!!

• Makington says:

I’m calling Jim Miller/Tyson Griffin FotN right now. I just can’t see it being anything but.

• Angry Mike says:

Really happy to see Hazelett get another fight after Karo pulled out. He has his work cut out for him, though. Daley is a mouthy twerp, but he’s pretty strong and hits hard. Taking him down and keeping him there will be a challenge, I think, and Hazelett will take damage in the attempts.

• Rich S. says:

Good fight, but unfortunate for me..

These are two favorite fighters of mine and I don’t want to see either of them lose right now..

• I think this is Hazelette’s fight to lose. He can submit Daley from ANYWHERE. That’s what makes Dustin such a great BJJ guy. He shouldn’t trade with Daley for too long, but I think he could strike his way into the perfect submission to snatch another submission of the night.

I still cheer everytime I watch him Armbar Josh Burkman in the TUF 7 finale! Best submission in the ufc EVER!

• And Ellenberger deserves to be on the main card for that all out BRAWL he had with Condit. Spectacular fight!

• BigDave says:

Is it mean to want Hazlett to break dailey’s arm?……..Oh well, snap it in two hazlett maybe that will shut him up.

• Nick Havok says:

Carlos wants nothing to do with Paul Daley.

…and how can you blame him? If he would have taken the fight he just would have ended up KTFO anyway.

Which sucks for me…because I wanted to see it happen.

• moosebaby02 says:

alright mouth piece you got your wish
    good luck and keep all your limbs as close to your body as possiable at ALL TIMES

Hazlett 2rd breaking a limb