Dan Henderson interested in fight with Fedor Emelianenko

FedorNot even having the opportunity to remove his proverbial hat and jacket upon the arrival at his new home, questions in regards to Dan Henderson possibly facing off with “The Baddest Man On The Planet” are already being flung in the newest Strikeforce acquisition’s direction.

While it was far from an underlying reason behind his recent decision to sign with Strikeforce, Henderson pulled no punches when asked his thoughts on the man many consider to be the most dangerous person currently walking the face of the earth, Fedor Emelianenko.

“To me, he’s not the reason I signed with Strikeforce just to fight him… although that is interesting and appealing to me to be able to challenge myself against him,” said Henderson in a recent interview with Sherdog. “I don’t know who else wants to fight him, but I do know the fans like to see him fight. He’s very effective and likes to finish guys and does a very good job. I think him and I would make an interesting matchup.”

Does “Hollywood” feel like he may be the man to stop the Russian reign of terror known simply as Fedor? Sure he does. Hendo is a fighter’s fighter. A man who’s belief that he could give anyone a canvas nap on the right night makes him dangerous regardless of who stands on the other side of the cage with him.

“I think I can beat anyone on any given day,” said Henderson. “It’s just a matter of making sure that everything is right with that day.”

• 3OAM says:

You and the rest of the world, Dan.

I would watch the shxt out of that fight…but being an unabashed Fedor nuthugger, I hafta give it to him.

• Dan will get abused in that fight. LOL LOL LOL LMOA. Shows that Dan is only in it for the money. I didn’t have big draws in the UFC which is why he didn’t get his money. I know there was other things going on and Dana would let Henderson promote in clothing line but numbers don’t lie. Dan wasn’t a big draw.

I’m gonna watch this fight if it happens though…only because it will be free. LMOA.

• Dufresne says:

I would watch the fight, but lets be honest, Henderson wouldn’t stand a chance. His wrestling may be better than Fedor’s but Fedor has better standup and submissions.
    Henderson may be able to dictate where the fight takes place, but wherever he keeps it, he’s gonna get smashed.

• Jak says:

I would like to see that fight.

Not that MMAth should be used… but if you can barely squeak by Rich Franklin and get outpowered by Rampage and outstruck by Anderson… i’m just saying that Franklin isn’t Fedor…

He should probably worry about Mousasi first, but i would definitely be down for a Fedor fight. Why the h*ll not?

• ndizzle says:

what else is he gona say.dan henderson always respectful

• bigbadjohn says:

Of course Dan’s going to say he’d like to fight Fedor and probably does but that doesn’t mean he has a legitimate chance against the Last Emperor. Anyways, get in line HENDO

• Angry Mike says:

Be careful what you wish for, Dan, because you just might get it.

• Vogairian says:

I think Hendo needs to do something at LHW or MW before he looks to jump up to HW. He couldn’t be Anderson, Couldn’t be Rampage, just got by Rich Franklin and he’s ready for Fedor? This is the type of thinking that got him his walking papers from the UFC.

This really isn’t a fight i’m interested in and honestly I think it would be beyond idiotic for Strikeforce to even let it happen. If Fedor wins he just crushed any momentum that Dan still has from the UFC. If Hendo won, their unbeatable machine just got stopped by a guy would couldn’t keep the belt in either of his divisions in the UFC.

• Nick Havok says:

This fight needs to happen like a year from now to really maximize the star power of the two.

In the meantime, Henderson needs to fight and defeat Mousasi and Fedor needs to fight and defeat at least one other top heavyweight (considering Alistair never defends) to stay unbeaten.

If both Dan and Fedor can win their next fights in Strikeforce then yes, this fight makes sense.

It would be huge too. I mean I would LOVE to see a Dan Henderson who just defeated Gegard Mousasi take on The Last Emperor…what MMA fan in their right mind wouldn’t?

• Im probably gonna get booed out of the forum here but hear me out.
    THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!!! maybe its the great mood I’m in but this could be a classic.

Dan’s NEVER been finished by KO or TKO. Sure he might gas in the later rounds but he never quits in a fight. Fedor is the wrecking ball who Finished opponents in every way. Mostly by submission but alot of the time he cracks them then submits them. Dan has ONLY been submitted three times by the Blackhouse Boys ( Boths Nogs and A Silva)

Dan will hit Fedor harder than anyone has in awhile. I’m just sayin CLASSIC

• Oh and its not like Fedor wont tear through Werdum…Alistair, Silva and Brett Rogers (again) Who else has strikeforce really got.

Oh and Dan vs. King Mo could be exciting…Short but exciting.

• gueda says:

don’t get me wrong, i love dan anderson . he got only one punch chance to win vs mousasi and half of punch vs fédor. good for him to joined strikeforce is a cool guy who deserve a lot of respect for what he did is long career. just to knock out the cunt michael bisbing was musique to my ears..loll
    i’m starting to think that dana doesn’t wanted too much guy’s who can beat his muppets.

• qat says:

gueda:
    don’t get me wrong, i love dan anderson . he got only one punch chance to win vs mousasi and half ofpunch vs fédor. good for him to joined strikeforce isa cool guy who deserve a lot of respect for what he did is long career. just to knock out the cunt michael bisbing was musique to my ears..loll

well if its like that, i got a little advise for you: stop thinking.

• gueda says:

quat says, you must be a dana white friend’s to try to control what peoples are thinking.normaly we are a bit of who we like.

• qat says:

interesting what you can interpret into that 2 words. your thinking really goes way overboard.
    i just wanted to point out that the last sentence of your previous statement is rubbish, no strings attached.

• gueda says:

your’s was much better ! thank you.

• Jak says:

superdavenorcal: Dan’s NEVER been finished by KO or TKO.

That’s because he dropped like a rock when Anderson Silva hit him and decided to get submitted instead. If he had stayed on his feet any longer he was getting Ko’d.

• Niv says:

Hendo’s a great fighter but as many of you have stated already he should worry about Mousassi first and foremost.

As for a fight with Fedor, I hope it never happens because he has no business fighting in the HW division. He stands as much of a chance as anyone against Fedor today which is near zero of course.

What we’re seeing here is respectable though as it’s a top fighter looking to be the one that can say I beat the man that no one else could.

I really do believe that if UFC relations with fighters stays the way they are, we will see many more significant signings by SF in the next couple of years.

I believe that Rampage will be the next one over after he finishes out his contract with the UFC as well.

• moosebaby02 says:

What else can Dan say?? He has only 3 fights in SF that will have any meaning. Mousasi and sorry hendo fans that is one he will lose. Again sorry. He can beat Shields cause well Shields isnt really that good. If he thinks he will take hendo down and hold him their like his last fight well no. it wont work. Then there is hendo vs Fedor. Well Fedor will properly kill him right in the middle of the cage.
    and superdavenorcal I know your excited but
    “Dan will hit Fedor harder than anyone has in awhile.”
    sorry but im pretty sure Fedor has been in fights with men who hit way harder then Hendo. Just ask Rampage, Anderson, and Franklin. Oh the Nog Bros. They all tasted hendos power and well not everyone is a sissy like Bisbing.
    But I do like you suggestion of Hendo vs Mo. That would be a great match for him as well. So 4 meaningful fights for him in SF. So what after that. My believe in Corker says there will be more coming and I hope so.
    oh gueda I know you are one of those guys who likes to live in the past like hendo does and he has allot of great accomplishments on that PAST LIST but what has he DONE IN THE UFC that should grant him what ever he wants???? And to assume that this all came around cause hendo ko’ed bisbing is the dumbest Dana, UFC hate I have ever heard or read.
    So I finish off where I started. What else can he say? Those are the most marketable fights for him in SF so get it out there that you want those fights, right. For Dan this is all about the $$$
    Thumbs me and FightFan all you want but the truth is the truth. Keep painting the seconded coming of Christ Dan in the “SAVIOR” picture but in the end of the day all he care about is not you fans who keep defending him…..he cares about filling his pockets and rightfully he should.
    Oh buy the way wich is what Dana and the F bros are doing for their selves and their fighters who are the FUTURE of THEIR organization and by not taking money of their fighters pockets to put it in Dans.
    Oh sorry Dana is an ASS so its not ok for him to do so.
    Can you say Hippocrates?????

• Rich S. says:

Wow, I never even thought about this matchup, but it sounds great..
    I think Hendo would have a pretty good chance, too..

• moosebaby02: For Dan this is all about the $$$

Thanks moosebaby. I didn’t even notice all of the negs on my comment about Hendo getting demolished by Fedor lol. Also, I thought I proof read way better.. it didn’t come off clean in type and I apologize for that maybe that is why I got so many negs being that there are comments stating the same as me with thumb ups. I’ve never neg’ed anyone for not typing well.

I think that Dan should be able to promote his clothing line but I also think Dan got money in the UFC. Numbers don’t lie. He wasn’t a big draw and you need PPV buys to be to get the big cash. Little Nog replaces Dan in my opinion and frees up money to try out some up and comers.

I am exited the Strikeforce is coming up. Some of the UFC hand me downs can only spark better fights and give StrikeForce the ability to get some of the talent floating around like Mousasi and hopefully get some fights going on between the UFC and Strikeforce. Its hard to say that someone is the best in the world when there is another best in the world out there in another top organization.

Moosebaby, I think Dan would own Mo at this point in time but give some time to grow in StrikeForce and he might pose a threat. I just don’t think that the striking of Mo is there yet.
    Mousasi and Dan would be a good fight to watch. I could see that one going either way.

• Glen903 says:

• Has Henderson taken to many blows to the head.or just a wish to be crippled. The Henderson vs Fador would be advertised as DEATH WISH .

LoL// thats what talking about. After that who would want watch Henderson. I would watch it but after that I would pretty much be done spending my time watching some dude fight just for money. Gegard Mousasi is the only other fight in StrikeForce I would want to see. When he looses that his carrier is over.

I really think this shows that Dan is only in it for the money at this time in his carrier. Whats the point of fighting guys just so you can get beat Dan.

• above DEATH WISH was a quote from Glen903.. which I am sure you got but I just copied and pasted it instead of quoting it. Then I took off from there . Damn . I’ve had a ruff day.

• neijia says:

lol, gotta love this talk. he would like to challenge himself… agree with all of you though. no chance of winning dan. try to beat mousasi, maybe, for a challenge at lhw. but i want to see you kick shields’ ass for the mw title.

• Yourdaddydevilandlord says:

Okay, now Dan just needs to go get a catscan.