CB Dolloway and Goran Reljic expected for UFC 110

UFC 110 from Austrailia is starting to take shape.  Recent reports indicate that  Ultimate Fighter season seven finalist  C.B. Dollaway will return at the event to square off against Goran Reljic in a middleweight showdown.

Dollaway, comes into the bout off the heels of a unanimous decision victory over Jay Silva at  Ultimate Fight Night 19.

Goran Reljic remains unbeaten as a professional, at 5-0.  Reljic who last saw action at  UFC 84, where he defeated Wilson Gouveia, will be making the move to middleweight for this matchup.

According to the initial report by MMAMadness.com bout agreements have been signed.

UFC 110  is expected to have heavyweights Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and  Cain Velasquez in the main event, in a fight that some have rumored to be for  the interim heavyweight championship.

• qat says:

i dont want to get on your nerves, but a little spellchecking would not hurt before posting. 😉

• Dufresne says:

I see Dolloway keeping this one standing and either ending it by TKO late or going to win a majority decision.

Also, I thought I read that Reljic’s record was 8-0?

• Dufresne says:

Oh, and as much as I would like there to be plans for an interim title fight, I don’t see how they can justify Nogueria v Cain for it. Cain sure, but Nogueria? He’s 1-1 in his last two fights. How could you put him above Carwin or Dos Santos?
    If they’re going to just throw up an interim title shot, they need to include Carwin, after all, he is the #1 contender.

• Makington says:

I’ve been waiting a long time to see Goran back in the octagon. His back has been injured for what seems like forever. The only way I can see CB winning this is if he fixes up his suspect submission defense, to ride a decision out over Goran. Reljic has slick submissions, great power and very technical stand-up. He has shown major holes in his cardio, but the move to middleweight might help that since he’s tossing around 20 less pounds. I think CB will be able to take him down when he wants, but he has been submitted by some pretty novice submissions a few times now. If CB doesn’t get a little too over aggressive like he usually does, he can probably avoid leaving a limb out there for a second too long but I’m pulling for Goran Reljic to win this one.

Also added to the fact is CB talks about himself in the third person, so I love to see people with that kind of arrogance lose. No one should ever be doing that.

• moosebaby02 says:

Makington

damn right. that crap grinds my gears

• Dufresne says:

He may be a talented fighter, but he just oozed douchebaggery on the show.

• Nick Havok says:

Dufresne: I had forgotten about that as I usually mute the TV when he’s talking as a reflex from that season of TUF.He may be a talented fighter, but he just oozed douchebaggery on the show.

Are you talking about Matt Serra?

• Rich S. says:

Dufresne: Interesting matchup. With Dolloway’s wrestling pedegree I don’t see Reljic being able to get him to the ground which could be a problem for Reljic as most of his victories are by submission. That’s not saying that it can’t happen, Dolloway’s only professional losses came via submissions.
    Also, I thought I read that Reljic’s record was 8-0?

Have you seen Reljic fight yet?
    The majority of his wins happen to be by submission, but he’s a devastating striker..
    He won’t want this on the ground, and CB sure as hell won’t want to stand and trade..

Didn’t Goran train with Cro Cop?
    Or is that just in my head because he’s Croatian?

• roshambo says:

• PsYc0tIkDrEaM says:

Rich S.:
    Have you seen Reljic fight yet?
    Didn’t Goran train with Cro Cop?
    Or is that just in my head because he’s Croatian?

Nah Cro Cop inspired him lol dunno if they both train together but he said that they’re friends.

anyways WAR RELJIC

I say TKO or KO If standing or submission if it goes to the ground.

Though i hope the ring rust doesn’t bite him in the ass :/

• Dufresne says:

The only fight I saw with him was the win over Gouveia. His standup looks very good, but after reading up on him, I think I would rather trade with him if I were Dolloway. He won the European Gracie Jiu Jitsu competition for both his weight and for the absolute division, and I know that’s not the same as the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition or the Abu Dhabi tournament, but it’s still pretty impressive.

And you’re right, he did train with Cro Cop, so Dolloway may be screwed either way.

• Makington says:

roshambo: Should be an interesting fight. I would also give the nod to Reljic. While the talking in the 3rd person and arrogance with CB always irritated me, I don’t mind him as a fighter and I did like watching him submit Jesse Taylor with the peruvian neck tie.

That fight was kind of bittersweet to me, because although I think CB is a tool as a person, he is an exciting fighter. On the other side of the spectrum, I think Jesse Taylor is a pretty cool guy, but an extremely boring fighter. Any fighter who will refuse to throw even a single punch and just go straight for takedown after takedown so he can lay on you for 3 rounds will never impress me. That was also the second time CB beat Taylor, although prior it was in a wrestling competition.

As much as I would love to see Goran KO CB, he does come from one of the fastest rising camps too, which I won’t count out.

• nate says:

goran will take this fight. cb cant hang with him standing or on the ground.