TUF 10 Finale Live Results and Updates

tuf 10Once again it’s on and it goes without saying that FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here all night to keep you up to date with all of the latest breaking live results and updates from “The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale” taking place this very evening.

The prelims are set to kick off right around 7 pm ET (4 pm PT), with the live Spike TV televised portion of the event beginning at 9 pm ET on the dot and all of the action taking place from The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.

Headlining the card we have Matt Hamill taking on the undefeated Jon Jones in a light heavyweight showdown, while Roy Nelson will face off with Brendan Schaub to determine this season’s heavyweight Ultimate Fighter. Also on the card will be intriguing match-ups of Kimbo Slice vs. Houston Alexander, Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach, Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione and much more.

5 Oz.
coverage of the event will begin when the first prelim fighters touch gloves.

Enjoy the fights everyone!!

Mark Bocek defeats Joe Brammer via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1

John Howard defeats Dennis Hallman via knockout – Round 3

Brian Stann defeats Rodney Wallace via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Jon Madsen defeats Justin Wren via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)

James McSweeney defeats Darrill Schoonover via TKO – Round 3

Matt Mitrione defeats Marcus Jones via knockout – Round 2

Frankie Edgar defeats Matt Veach via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2

Kimbo Slice defeats Houston Alexander via unanimous decision (29-28,29-28,30-27)

Matt Hamill defeats Jon Jones via disqualification (Jones was DQ’d after landing consecutive downward elbow strikes)

Roy Nelson defeats Brendan Schaub via knockout – Round 1

• Guy Gaduois says:

Maybe I’m learning disabled or something, but isn’t this the first TUF finale that is tape delayed on the West Coast?

Mainstream acceptance and legitimacy thrives on live broadcasts.

I wonder why Spike wouldn’t want this sucker on live? Their best ratings ever were for the Kimbocentric episodes. I would think this would strain the UFC relationship with Spike.

Surprising decision all around. Did they not want to compete with late College Football Games?

How did I miss this till now?

Boo hiss.

• BigDave says:

I guess its these 5 fights on the live show.

Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione

Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach

Houston Alexander vs. Kimbo Slice

Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub

Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones

Not bad maybe time will permit a few undercard fights.

• BigDave says:

Was that an oompa loompa tha kimba was warming up with?

hahahaha

• Rich S. says:

So far I’ve only gotten 2 picks right on the whole card.. :(

And the length of these commercial breaks is KILLING ME.

• edub says:

Hell yea Kimbo!

• edub says:

And it goes to a decision.Who wouldve thunk it. Williams vs Martinez on HBO is a great fight btw. Martinez is up 5 rounds to 1 in my book.

• Dufresne says:

Good thing I’m not betting real money tonight, I would have just lost a ton on the Kimbo fight. I have to say that his improved ground game impressed the hell out of me. He’s still light years from an invatation to the Abu Dhabi Submission competition, but he actually got some take downs and avoided a few himself. Hell, he even went for a rear naked choke (sorta)! Not what I was expecting from him.

• Hmmmm

Houston Alexander circling around..for most of the fight

Never seen him fight like that before.

Very interesting

• hindsightufuk says:

so who the fuck are marcus jones and matt mitrione? why did anyone think that fight should get televised? it was fucking awful.
    the kimbo/houston fight is officially the first mma fight to make me feel sick, i felt dizzy as fuck watching it. glad houston lost, that was a bullshit gameplan, dont come to fight, just try to hurt an arthritic knee. fuck that. never known so many ad breaks, really really bad pacing, had to get the laptop out to keep me awake!
    finally bones and matt are on, cant wait for this

• hindsightufuk says:

wow, jones is nasty, matt doesnt look too good

• Markos says:

what the F*CK! jones would have won regardless but Hamill should win due to that elbow.
    in high school and collegiate wrestling everytime you did an illegal move and the other wrestler couldnt continue the one that did the illegal move was DQed. same should happen to Jones

Hamill wins via DQ in my eyes f*uck that

• yeah jon jones is impressive

• Markos says:

uhh. oops. i guess the judges sided with me.. nevermind.

• hindsightufuk says:

that is fucking ridiculous

call it a no contest, not a fucking win for matt, thats fucked up

gonna be ages before matt can compete again so no chance of a rematch

lets get jones a top opponent now please, the guy is class

• hindsightufuk says:

i see your point Markos buts a no contest for me

• Dufresne says:

That is not how I wanted that fight to turn out at all.

I don’t think that’s exactly how Hamill wanted to win it either.

I guess that means we’re going to have to have a rematch sometime in the near future to clear that one up. Hopefully Hamill’s shoulder isn’t permanently injured.

• Dufresne says:

I personally think that the match should have ended in a NC, but according to the rules “When a foul is charged, the referee in their discretion may deduct one or more points as a penalty. If a foul incapacitates a fighter, then the match may end in a disqualification if the foul was intentional, or a no contest if unintentional” and they did declare the elbows an an intentional foul.

• hindsightufuk says:

jeez watching mcsweeney/whoeveritis is like watching an old cage rage event
    these tuf guys a proper amateur hour

• Dufresne says:

Wow on that flying knee. That was impressive.

• hindsightufuk says:

haha that was a cool finish tho

• hindsightufuk says:

ehhhhhhhh big chuck and big tito!!

• Dufresne says:

Holy shit on Chuck and Tito as the coaches, not who I was expecting but I’m definitely happy about this.

• edub says:

Tito vs. Chuck 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on TUF!!!!!!

• Markos says:

HELLLLL YAAAA! i cant believe that. i remember last month tito was talking mad shit.

you gotta love dana white… even when ya hate his guts haha

• hindsightufuk says:

• Markos says:

hindsightufuk: i really hope they get YOUNG PROMISING fighters with POTENTIAL, not like this year

haha well said. i dont see why they wouldnt both great coaches. this year it was just about the coaches bickering like kids, while entertaining they didnt do much for thier guys

• edub says:

hindsightufuk: i see your point Markos buts a no contest for me

Agreed.

• Dufresne says:

Chuck was one of the original coaches, and that season brought exposure to several very talented fighters. And at least we know Chuck doesn’t do much in the way of trash talking. Should be very entertaining.

• edub says:

Roy to half guard. We’ll see what brendan is made of here.

• edub says:

Brandon is landing some powerful shots on the feet. Good fight so far.

• Dufresne says:

Rogan: “Brandon going to the body. I don’t know if Nelson feels those…”

LMAO!

• Dufresne says:

WOW!!! Did not see that one coming!

• edub says:

Wow Big Country KO in the first. What a shot.

• Dufresne says:

I don’t think Dana can say he’s not impressed by him now. He did fantastic.

• 3OAM says:

Looks like I’m eating my words now regarding McSweeney and his hands. He did really well tonight.