TUF 10 Finale Weigh-In Results; Kimbo cuts down to 212 pounds

kimboAs always, FiveOncesofPain.com will be right here to bring you all of the latest live weigh-in updates from the latest installment of Octagon bedlam, The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale, set to take place tomorrow evening from Las Vegas while airing live on Spike TV.

Roy “Big Country” Nelson will be facing off with Brendan Schaub in a heavyweight slobberknocker to determine this year’s champion of “TUF: The Heavyweights”, Matt Hamill will be meeting up with the undefeated Jon Jones in a light-heavyweight battle, Kimbo Slice and Houston Alexander will get after it, and much more.

The first fighter is expected to hit the scale at 7 pm ET (4 pm PT), and you can also catch all of the live weigh-ins via streaming video right here at 5 Oz.

Below is a full list of the weigh in results for the finale:

Matt Hamill (206) vs. Jon Jones (206)

Roy Nelson (263) vs. Brendan Schaub (240)

Kimbo Slice (212) vs. Houston Alexander (208)

Frankie Edgar (155) vs. Matt Veach (155)

Marcus Jones (262) vs. Matt Mitrione (255)

James McSweeney (235) vs. Darrill Schoonover (261)

Jon Madsen (247) vs. Justin Wren (251)

Dennis Hallman (169) vs. John Howard (170)

Mark Bocek (156) vs. Joe Brammer (155)

Brian Stann (205) vs. Rodney Wallace (203)

• Dufresne says:

If Kimbo can make 212, with the proper diet and exercise routine he should be able to hit 205 sometime soon.

I’m excited about most of this card and I can’t wait to see Big Baby again. He’s had a few months to work on his standup and if he’s been training with the proper coaches it should be much improved.

• Angry Mike says:

Kimbo’s screwed. Houston can pick him up, dump him, and pound him out, and there’s nothing Kimbo can do to stop it. Or Houston can explode on him, swinging for the fences and catching him quickly for a fast ko. He’s done it before. No hate for Kimbo, it’s just that he’s overmatched in the UFC.

Meathead v. Big Baby? How sweet is that? Both of those guys throw bricks.

• I think Kimbo has more ways to beat Houston. Neither can wrestle, Neither have BJJ its a Slug Fest. Houston has KO’d ONE Heavyweight and has a terribly suspect chin. Kimbo’s is just as suspect but he’s way bigger than houston….Slice by KO round 1

• Dufresne says:

Angry Mike: Meathead v. Big Baby? How sweet is that? Both of those guys throw bricks.

Especially exciting since it finally gives Jones a chance to go after the guy that he accuses of ruining his friend’s fighting career. If Meathead gets cocky again and sticks his head out there for Jones to hit like he did against Nelson, he may have to have the side of his face reconstructed.

Personally I’m hoping that Jones takes him to the ground so we can see that nasty GnP that he used to decimate Schoonover.

• submit662266 says:

Kimbo rd 1 TKO. Big Baby rd 1 homicide in the cage. Jon Jones KO rd 2. I hate to say it (and am still shocked that Schaub and Big Country made the final), but Roy Nelson by rd 2 submission.

• baldguy80 says:

I harbour no ill-will to Kimbo at all, but the only thing he’s proven that he can do well in MMA, is make a living by self-marketing. Again, it’s not disrespect, but he’s got to improve EVERYWHERE before he could even compete against the lightweights!

• danw84 says:

Dufresne:

When did Mitrione fight Nelson?

Also, I looked it up and Junk’s eye is ok and was able to return to training fairly quickly.

• Dufresne says:

danw84: When did Mitrione fight Nelson?

Good catch, that was completely my bad. I got confused.

• Makington says:

It was McSweeney who got cocky and put his chin out there. He had a brain fart and got confused that he was actually a good fighter without a negative fight record. Roy Nelson quickly put him brain back in place with a hard hook that stumbled McSweeney and made him cover up and back off. I don’t know why he thought he would do it against someone like Roy, but it didn’t surprise me. Anyone who will get that horrid chest tattoo that McSweeney has can’t have much sense.

• Makington says:

• Dufresne says:

Alexander has always fought at 205, but I have to say I was surprised by how far under the limit he came in. Unless of course he’s one of those fighters that walk around shredded as hell right around their fighting weight all the time.

• Dufresne says:

Sh*t misread what you meant. Yeah I agree about Kimbo possibly seeing how hard the cut was and how it effects him.

• Makington says:

Or maybe the scale he was using sucks balls and told him that he was at 215.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Makington: I’m also wondering why Alexander cut down all the way to 208 when he knew he was fighting at 215. Kimbo doing 3 extra pounds isn’t that far off, and it wouldn’t surprise if he was seeing how far he could push himself in the sauna (since he’s expressed interest at 205) but coming in 7 pounds underweight? I don’t see the reason.

Perhaps he just weighs 208, if not I agree why would you cut 7 extra pds for no reason?

• KTru says:

Kimbo and his first cut will raise a lot of questions. I heard he has no idea what a water cut is. I just hope we get the best Kimbo possible. I do think Houston will win but I just pray that after the fight we do not hear that Kimbo was to exhausted to compete at a high level.

As for Mitrione and Big Baby and it being a slug-fest……
    Jones does not want any of Meathead standing. His forte is grappling, and his chin is suspect. The quicker it gets to the ground, the quicker Marcus wins. But can he get it to the ground????

• Dufresne says:

KTru: I do think Houston will win but I just pray that after the fight we do not hear that Kimbo was to exhausted to compete at a high level.

Exactly why I was critical of this matchup to begin with. If Houston wins we’re going to hear “Kimbo was exhausted from the cut,” if Kimbo wins we’re going to hear “Alexander was too small, it wasn’t a fair fight.” And no matter who wins it does nothing to further either of their careers in either the 205 or HW division.

It should be an exciting fight (for however long it lasts), but I don’t see any way for this to end without a massive amount of complaining from at least one side. But at least it will be fun to watch.

• Kimbo looked fast on the show at 230. he should be a lot faster at 212. I think that if Kimbo stays patient, he should be able to pick Houston apart and knock him out. With the way Kimbo was looking on the show with his ground I give the edge to Kimbo. Which that said I am not saying that by any means Kimbo has any kind of ground game but I have never heard of or seen Houstons. Kimbo did almost get out from under Roy but shoot…Roy just has to much more experience with bigger name fighters and weight 260+. Kimbo would have knocked Roy out it he didn’t come forward to fast and throw that knee.

Kimbo by KO in the second. Gonna be a Great fight. .. I can’t wait.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

James McSweeney (235) vs. Darrill Schoonover (261)

Looking forward to seeing “Tit…” no I AIN’Tgonna call him that ,unleash his pent up fury against McSweeney,who kinda looked like a dick in the last show.

Also,looking forward to seeing Kimbo’s new reality show, “The Enemy,The Inner Me” on the A&E Network in the spring ,when they get their shit together and realize what a goldmine he is.
    If Steven Seagal can get a show,why not Kimbo?

• theboykin says:

Kimbo vs Alexander
    Second how can you call Kimbo to win? Really he impressed you that much on the show by lossing to Roy? Or maybe it was the last time he got knocked out by a jab? Have you seen Alexander fight he is going to kill Kimbo. I like they guy I saw on the show as Kimbo but as a fighter he is bottom of the food chain.

• submit662266 says:

I want to defend my pick. I agree that Kimbo is not that great (ok, he’s way down in fighter rankings). Here comes my pile of BS: both guys hit hard (especially Houston). Both guys have suffered terrible knockouts. Here’s the rub: Houston has no chin. Jardine wobbled him quickly in their fight; Irvin popped him 1 time for the KO.

It could go either way. Both guys are vulnerable. Won’t be a shocker if it goes the other way. But I think Kimbo will pop him with a decent shot and it will be over.

• Dufresne says:

theboykin: Why would they cut weight for this fight it is a heavyweight fight 206 to 265 lb first off

No, no it’s not. It’s a catchweight fight set at 215 lbs. If it was a heavyweight fight it would be from 225-265, not 206-265.
    But I do agree that Kimbo is going to get destroyed. I want to see how he fairs against Alexander’s clinch game.

• Makington says:

I think they both have suspect as hell chins. They fight a mirror image of each other down to the tee, with Kimbo being the bigger one, while Houston being the more experienced one. Houston has talked about his focus on the ground game lately but I don’t think he will be using it. I’m picking Houston to win based on his octagon experience, but to me it really comes down to who lands their first clean punch.

• edub says:

Makington: I meant it like, until Kimbo tries it, he won’t know if he can make it to 205. So maybe when he was at 215 he still felt ok, and he wanted to see if his body would respond to being pushed just a little harder. That way if he signed to fight at 205 he wouldn’t hit the wall the day before by assuming he could make the weight when he couldn’t.Or maybe the scale he was using sucks balls and told him that he was at 215.

Houston really is not that big. He is very muscular, but he just doesnt weigh that much. He has been qouted in the past of not having to cut much weight at all to fight at 205.