Ryan Bader vs. Keith Jardine set for UFC 110

bader-4Ryan Bader is all set to face the toughest test of his undefeated career as the light heavyweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter season eight is all set to face off with none other than “The Dean of Mean”, Mr. Keith Jardine at UFC 110.

UFC 110 is expected to take place on February 21 from the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia, marking the promotion’s first trip to the land down under.

Bader will be looking to improve on his unblemished career that has included three victories in the Octagon when he faces off with Jardine in February. “Darth” has put together wins over the likes of Vinny Magalhaes, Carmelo Marrero and Eric Schafer in his last three bouts with the UFC.

With monumental victories over the likes of Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell in the Octagon, Jardine just hasn’t been able to string enough wins together at any point in his career to be given serious title consideration. Something he hopes to change coming off of consecutive victories at the hands of Quinton Jackson and Thiago Silva.

Other bouts anticipated for the UFC’s first card in Australia include Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping, and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic vs. Ben Rothwell.

• moosebaby02 says:

i have Darth picking up the queen on mean and putting his back right through the canvas in the 2nd

• Dufresne says:

And another great matchup!

Bader is a very good wrestler with powerful strikes and could pose big problems to Jardine. However, I don’t think we’ve seen Bader’s chin get tested yet and we know Jardine is going to be swinging big. If Bader can avoid Jardine’s crazy unorthodox style and power and take it to the ground I think he has a very solid shot at this one.
    If he can’t (which is a possibility since Jardine trains with some other very good wrestlers down in New Mexico) I’m not sure of his chances against those looping shots and nasty leg kicks.

• Rich S. says:

Wow, didn’t see that coming..

HUUUUGE fight for Bader..

• fanoftna33 says:

I think Jardine will outlast a still inexperienced Bader and get the tko in the third round. Jardine needs this win or he is going to go 0-3 and that really puts his bak against the wall here, Bader hasnt shown the best gas tank and taking on a octagon vetran like Jardine is a tough test.

• thunder okami says:

Bader’s a beast! But i’m rooting for Jardine cause i dont wanna see him get cut, i’ve really grown to like him over the years.

• Makington says:

I like fanoftna’s logic there. It’s exactly what I would have said, BUT, Jardine has made a career about being the paradox. He loses every fight he should win, and wins every fight he should lose. I’ll put my money on Jardine, but I’ll keep in mind what usually happens.

I can also see Bader trying to ride out a decision here. He must know his chances rely on his wrestling and control. I hope it doesn’t go this way.

• Angry Mike says:

Jardine has always struggled against aggressive strikers who bull rush him. If a fighter doesn’t aggressively move in on him, Jardine has the chance to pick them apart. The longer they hang around on the outside, the more damage Jardine does, especially with leg kicks. Bader could win this fight, but he won’t if he stays on the outside. Will he have the guts to shoot in quickly? Are his hands good enough to rock Jardine and set up the take down? I have some doubts.

• hindsightufuk says:

i cant think of anything interesting to say

• Swing Em says:

Bader by KO in the 1st

• nate says:

being that keith jardines career is a never ending rollercoaster and his two recent losses i see him taking this fight via tko or ud. i just dont see bader taking this fight really..i dont doubt him, but keith jardine is as predictable as the weather.

• Guy Gaduois says:

I like Jardine, but I’m noticing he’s on the wrong end of too many highlight reel knockouts. I’m actually getting worried for the guy. If Bader TKOs or KOs him, it’s time to move to coaching.
    I like his off canter, rhythm breaking style and he seems like a real down to earth guy. I really don’t want to see his switch get flipped anymore.

• Guthookd says:

I dont’ think this is a good match up for Jardine unfortunately. He needs a couple wins and Bader seems like he is on an unstoppable role right now.

Whoever wins though, I just hope it happens via sub or KO and not a 3 round g’n’p session.

• Rich S. says:

I can see Bader pulling off the upset and sending Jardine out of the UFC, but, calling it logically, I’d say Jardine is going to give him SO MANY problems with leg kicks and striking, and take a late TKO or a decision..

• xtreme_machine says:

Old school vs New school

I say old school all the way baby

Jardine via 1 st KO

• FightFan313 says:

Bader is getting knocked out with some Jardine Goofy Style

• Nick Havok says:

hindsightufuk: i cant think of anything interesting to say

LOL!

I feel the exact same way. I saw this article and drew nothing but blanks in my head.

I just have no idea what is going to happen…except that Bader will probably go for takedowns and Jardine will probably throw leg kicks.

Other than that…your guess is as good as mine what will happen.

Props to Joe Silva for putting such a fight together…because if you have no idea what is going to happen, than it must mean it is some good matchmaking!