K.J. Noons Signs Multi-Fight Deal with Strikeforce

kj noonsFormer EliteXC lightweight champion K.J. Noons has inked a contract with Strikeforce in a deal that could see him inside the ring as soon as the promotion’s 12/19 “Evolution” event.

While official terms of the agreement have not been released it is believed Noons will compete multiple times under the Strikeforce banner. The signing was first reported by Sherdog’s Loretta Hunt.

The young Hawaiian has a 7-2 professional record with notable wins over Yves Edwards and Nick Diaz. Though he has not fought as a Mixed Martial Artist since June 2008, the 26-year old has been an active boxer and compiled a winning record since last stepping into the EliteXC cage.

If Noons does indeed make his Strikeforce debut on December 19th he will join an already stacked card featuring the revealing of fellow new-signees Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Mo Lawal, as well as the long awaited rematch between Gilbert Melendez and Josh Thomson and Cung Le’s return to action against Scott Smith.

• Dufresne says:

Two great signings in one day! SF is knocking it out of the park!

• Nick Havok says:

Hell yeah! Go Strikeforce!

This is YET another sweet signing by Coker and Co. and the Evolution event is shaping up to be one of the sweetest cards of the year!

PLUS IT’S FREE!

I really, really hope KJ Noons rematches Nick Diaz on December 19. That rematch NEEDS to happen. And even though Nick is one of my top 3 favorite fighters…I still recognize the fact that KJ schooled him.

But Nick has been on fire ever since then! He could very easily take KJ to school in a second fight.

I mean who knows…but I want to see it!

• Guthookd says:

Any one know how KJ’s boxing record came out?

• Rich S. says:

Ah! I was hoping I’d seen him for the last time..

• Dufresne says:

Guthookd: Any one know how KJ’s boxing record came out?

I read he was 8-2 for his boxing career with 5 KO’s

• Makington says:

The first thing that popped into my head was a rematch against Nick Diaz too. Although there’s no way Nick will give up marijuana (he even said so) I’d still like to see him fight around here. The way Nick puts it, ‘The marijuana doesn’t get in the way of the fighting, the fighting gets in the way of the marijuana.’

I know Nick would be fired up as hell for the rematch, maybe enough for him to go without smoking up for 40 days atleast before the fight?

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Strikeforce is gathering momentum and I smell the winds of change in the air. I LOVE IT!! Wahooo!

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Is it true that Diaz wont fight in the US because of testing for pot or his refusal to stop.
    Wow if that is true..that sucks. Just mask it somehow. I’m sure there are a few dudes around MMA that know all about masking agents.

• hindsightufuk says:

maybe the chance to kick KJ’s arse and prove the first fight was purely a stoppage due to cuts will make Nick get back into “shape” for a US fight

• fanoftna33 says:

Guthookd, I read that since being stripped of the title K J went 4-1 with a recent decision win. I think this is a great signing for Strikeforce if they can keep him focused on mma and not splitting his time between mma and boxing, which as we have seen with another great fighter(Andre Arlovski) hasnt gone to well.

• baldguy80 says:

KJ is an exciting guy to watch, but how long will it be until he says that he wants to back to boxing, AGAIN? The guys wins a belt, (in impressive fashion no less) then lets it go vacant to pursue… boxing?!?

Hey, I think it’s a great acquisition by Coker, but guys like Noons kinda burn my butt.. (Maybe I’m just jealous he’s got the talent to compete in two athletic arenas!) I like watchin’ ’em fight, not box.. or act…

• ndizzle says:

Guthookd: Nick Havoc: That rematch would be great to see, but I don’t think Nick can compete in the US right now due to his use of medical marijuana and the Athletic Commissions. I thought I read on here somewhere that he was considering DREAM where there is supposedly no sanctioning body to do tests.Any one know how KJ’s boxing record came out?

diaz is fighting in florida jan 30 and noons might too and now krazy horse might sign with sf and fighjt early nezt year with them.i wouldnt mind seeing a rematch between kj nd horse,cesar gracie had siad that diaz will not fight at lw any more.