The Weekend Round-Up: LaTasha Marzolla improves to 2-0, Prangley crowned Shark Fights Champ & Browning chokes an up-and-comer

Trevor PrangleyFormer Playboy model LaTasha Marzolla improved her record to 2-0 on Friday night in Las Vegas as the lethal vixen got the unanimous decision nod over a fellow former kickboxer in Kate McGray at Tuff-N-Uff.

Flying waaaayyy under the radar on Friday night we had some fantastic heavyweight action out in good old Novosibirsk, Russia, as the IAFC Mayor’s Cup featured an old school tournament with nothing but the big men. Beatdowns highlighted the tourney as not one of the five bouts ended up going the distance while Michal Kita and Alexey Oleinik both toppled two men before their meeting in the finals ended up with Kita serving up Oleinik with a cold slice of that humble pie via first round TKO for the tournament championship.

Also in action at the Mayor’s Cup was a twenty-five year old Russian middleweight phenom by the name of Alexander Shlemenko that I highly recommend you keep an eye on, as the “Storm” notched the fifteenth KO or TKO stoppage of his career over Maskim Nevolia in the opening round. Shlemenko will be on his way to either the UFC or Strikeforce in the near future; Mark my words.

It took Henry Miller, more commonly known as “Sentroyu” of PRIDE FC fame, just a little over a minute to put a beating on “Mr. Shark” Min Soo Kim during The Khan II in Seoul, South Korea, also on Friday evening. Some of you remember the shark man as the tubby Korean that will forever be remembered as the first victim that Brock Lesnar got medieval on, back at “K-1 Hero’s Dynamite!! 2007”. The loss to Sentroyu was his first fight back since a 2007 TKO over victory over Ikuhisa “The Punk” Minowa.

Junie Browning improved to 4-1 as he handed the previously undefeated Scott Cornwell the very first loss of his career, knocking the newcomer’s record down to an even 1-1 with a first round triangle-choke during “MMA Big Show: Onslaught” last night.

Also in action Saturday evening was Trevor Prangley as he picked up the Shark Fights light heavyweight championship, catching Marcus Sursa in a rear-naked choke at 4:40 into the first round during Shark Fights 7.

• KTru says:

Also worth noting that Junie Browning exclaimed some derogatory remarks after his victory. Not surprising, this guy is beyond help.

• Jak says:

La Tasha Marzolla is hot.

I know i’m supposed to be PC and say something about her fight or fighting skills…. but what can you do?

She’s hot. :)

• Beau Fury says:

• baldguy80 says:

Beau Fury: I tried looking her up on Sherdog.com and couldn’t find anything… Is she for real or is it just a pub stunt by a local Promotion?

Good question. I looked too, but I got more hits from a Google Image search than anything else. And from those results, I’d say that her surgeon should undo a little bit of what’s been done.. Yeah, she’d probably kick my butt, but how the heck do ya fight with those lopsided monstrosities??

• Nick Havok says:

Article says,

Shlemenko actually just signed an exclusive 3-fight deal to fight in America with Shine Fights.

He is just one of their recent signees…as the Shine promotion have also recently added other names such as ‘Ninja’ Rua, Ricardo Mayorga, Jesses Forbes and Todd Moore to name a few.

Hopefully, Shlemenko can live up to the hype, win his 3 fights with Shine and move onto a bigger organization like Strikeforce or the UFC.

I personally want to see him perform.

• fanoftna33 says:

Good to see Ninja Rua got a deal, I belive the ufc should have picked him up while picking up vetran fighters like Trigg and Baroni as Ninja is another guy who always comes to fight and puts on a great show.

• VENOM says:

Great posts, Nick and fan! I completely agree!