Tito Ortiz: ‘I got f***** robbed’

titoortiz1The fact that the judges ultimately favored on the side of Forrest Griffin in their UFC 106 scrap has left an undeniable bad taste in the mouth of fellow former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz.

While there were few that could agree with one of the judges’ 30-27 (Forrest) scoring of the bout, it’s the entire decision that Tito has the biggest problem with.

“I thought I won the fight. I got fuckin’ robbed man,” exclaimed Ortiz during a recent conversation with Fighters Only Magazine. “But hey, it is what it is. I gave my heart and soul and after coming off of the injury that I had and getting surgery and coming back and fighting… I’ll be back man.

“Maybe it was a draw, but I don’t see how you can score it a 30-27 when I dominated the way I did in the first and second rounds.”

However you slice it, the fact that Griffin got the nod in the rematch creates that much more drama for a potential rubber match to settle the score once and for all. If Tito has his way, the rubber match would be coming on the heels of a coaching stint on The Ultimate Fighter for both himself and Forrest.

“Oh well, it will make it better for match number three,” said Ortiz. “And like I’ve been saying, maybe Dana will make me and Forrest into The Ultimate Fighter coaches and we will get a great season out of the whole thing.”

• qat says:

so he was sure he ‘dominated’ the first 2 rounds, maybe that would explain why he did absolutely nothing in the 3rd.
    but to be honest, i dont think he really believes that, he just wants to create more controversy. and obviously it works.

• Gurthee says:

I gave Tito the first 2 rounds as well, but that’s what happens when you leave it in the hands of the judges. Finish the fight next time Tito if you don’t like decisions o therwise deal with it.

• Jak says:

He didn’t get robbed. He won round 2, but he didn’t get robbed.

But the scores all over the place 1 judge gave Forrest 1 round, 1 gave him 2 rounds, and 1 gave him 3 rounds…

• redwire says:

@Jak :There shouldn’t be that much discrepancy. It should have been 29-28 across the board.

• trunk says:

IMO he only won the 2nd round and then he got only 8 points for round 3. So even if he won the first 2 it should be a draw. There no way Tito was robbed.

I dont know how one judge game forrest 30 but whatever.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Maybe instead of worrying about Forrest or judging, Tito should instead focus more on finishing opponents who aren’t named Ken Shamrock since it’s been more than 8 years since he’s done so?

• fanoftna33 says:

I wonder why Dana who was so quick to agree that the judging in this fight was very bad didnt get a rematch together right away. When the decision was made for Machida vs Rua and everybody was screaming about how bad it was he made a rematch basically that night. He agreed this was a bad decision so why no third match?

• RoadsideGraphix says:

Again… with no clear point scoring system its hard to say how the judges will see it.

Tack downs and Leg kicks dont usually finish fights but do show effective aggression.
    Running away from an opponent should make you LOSE points.
    Stalling LOSE points…

The way Tito looked in round 3 I would almost be willing to give Forrest a 10-8 round

• nate says:

the problem i have is that the csac has judges that do both boxing and mma! im inclined to believe the judge that gave forrest the 30-27, scored him that because forrest really out (kick)boxed tito the whole time. unfortunately its mma. you cant score an mma fight through a boxers eyes. with that said. shutup tito. you lost.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

TITO IS A MEDIA MAGICIAN-DONT BUY INTO ANYTHING HE SAYS-ITS ALL ABOUT THE PROMOTION

• moosebaby02 says:

agreed PLANET.
    that right there proves he knows he lost and trying to cash out on his loss. He is a SMART man for being the ass that he is.
    For everything Tito does there is always $$$$ in the future no matter what the outcome

• Vogairian says:

I don’t think he got robbed in anyway. At very best Tito could have gotten a draw, but I saw the fight go like this…
    Rd 1: Forrest 10-9
    Rd 2: Tito 10-9
    Rd 3: Forrest 10-8

• GassedOut says:

Yeah, at this point you have to wonder how much of what Tito (or Forrest) says is hype for the machine. I think it’s the real reason behind everything that’s happened since the fight. Say what you want, but the guys that get remembered use a WWE-style hype, but lower key. It brings in more viewers, which means more money in the bank. I don’t buy a word of it. In fact, I’d be willing to bet that this is somewhat orchestrated and aided by Dana White. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby…

• Makington says:

Yes, Tito. We know how great you are. You don’t need to tell us that your skull was cracked and your back still hurt and you were fighting on pure heart, we just knew all of that already. Quite frankly, when anyone hears the name Tito Ortiz, they immediately drop to their knees and begin to cry in pure unadulterated happiness. If it weren’t for Tito, we all would have died when we were infants. So Tito, you don’t need to tell us your excuses. We knew from the beginning that if you didn’t knock Forrest out in one punch, then clearly something was wrong with you, and you were only fighting on heart for us fans.

*sigh*

• PLANETSTOMP says:

WELL SAID MOOSE-TITO IS VERY NECESSARY IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF MMA

• danw84 says:

Does Tito think MMA is football? He tackles someone a couple times and thinks that means he won the fight. How about he learns to do ANYTHING else?

He cut Forrest in round 2, but everyone knows cutting Forrest isn’t exactly an impressive and difficult feat.

• manny says:

I knew in the middle of rnd 2 that no one was going to finish the fight. Fight sucked as a main event. The first fight was better that #2. I knew this was going to go to Forest b/c he lost the first one. Good for the ufc only b/c they can fill up a card with ortiz vs griffin 3, when other cant compete due to injury, sickness etc..

• PLANETSTOMP says:

WELL SAID DANW84-PERSONALLY I THOUGHT HE LOST THE FIGHT CONVINCINGLY

• Angry Mike says:

The fight could’ve gone either way, imo. The best he can say about the third round is that he gassed and he basically gave it (and the fight) to Griffin. At worst, he coasted thinking he had it won or was thinking about the rubber match.

And my theory about the “cracked skull” is that Jenna bitch slapped him because he wasn’t making enough money.

• Connor Cobain says:

Honestly I gave Forrest round 1 and 3 but with round 2 I took into account the fact that Forrest won in the stand up and eventually reversed Tito’s top position. I think it should of been 29-28 Unanimous Decision win for Forrest.

• RU486 says:

Tito, I’ve been following you for damn near 10 years, and I was pulling for you. You won round two, and round one was pretty damn close to call. YOU lost that fight in the third round by going in there and using your Pumpkin Head as a nail polisher for Forrest. I would have scored round 3 10-8 Griffin.

Yes a 30-27 score was retarded, but in the end, the judges made the right call. If you had done ANYTHING in the third stanza besides get a sloppy double-leg stuffed, you would have won the decision. But you didn’t. So I guess now I can look forward to Randy / Ortiz 2 now.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

I LIKE YOUR STYLE-RU486-FURTHERMORE-TITO DEFINITELY LOST-WAS IT CLOSE-YES

• Jak says:

redwire: Meh. That’s why there are three judges. Even from looking at the comments on the page, there are people who saw it differently.

Very true… but one thing i haven’t seen on pretty much any page is Tito losing round 2, and yet a judge gave it to him. I don’t know what the judge was watching that round but it wasn’t the fight.

• David Andrest says:

PLANETSTOMP: I LIKE YOUR STYLE-RU486-FURTHERMORE-TITO DEFINITELY LOST-WAS IT CLOSE-YES

Last time. Stop with the all caps.

• matt says:

Tito is running his mouth like always. He tries to come off as a smart and truthful human being. In reality though, he is a scumbag. He is a liar and dillusional. First he said that he was coming into this fight at 100% for the first time since 05. He said he could lift, run, wrestle, and spar again. Then in his post fight interview he says he couldnt do any of the above. Tito is full of shit and I hate him and lose to see him lose. Now onto the fight, he didnt win that fight. I though Forrest won the fight the first time i watched it. I watched the fight again for a second time today and still believe Forrest won the fight. Tito thinks he won the first round but in reality all he did was land one takedown. Tito did land a take down and land some ok GnP but he only had forrest down for around 1 minute of the round. While on the ground Forrest also had a submission attempt and was able to get back to the feet where he dominated the stand up. Round two i clearly gave to Tito as he had two take downs and controlled most of the round while cutting Forrest. And we all know who won the third round, Forrest by complete and utter domination. I hate Tito and wanna keep seeing get his ass handed to him everytime he steps into the octagon.

• danw84 says:

Well said matt.

I love seeing Tito back in the UFC because I love seeing him lose. He better hope they bring back Ken Shamrock since beating him is about all Tito’s good at.

• fanoftna33 says:

All this hatred towards Tito.

• submit662266 says:

Tito, you had a tough time taking a guy down whose foot was broken. Have some self-respect and admit you got beat. You looked s l o w. You should watch the fight again and count how many times Forrest hit you and kicked you. It was close, but Forrest beat you.

• xtreme_machine says:

No you did not win Tito

Forest won that fight fair and square

you just want to ride the recent close decisions of Couture/Vera and of course Rua/Machida

• CheekyMunky says:

Tito like the spotlight. If he’s not being talked about, he will MAKE people talk about him. Thats what makes people watch his fights. Either way, you want to see Tito get KTFO? you watch the show. Its a win win for Tito. Im tired of all his excuses after the fights.

“im 100% ready..my back feels great…just came off surgery and im ready to beat some ass!!”

Fast forward to future….

Tito loses…

Here comes the excuses…

• CheekyMunky says:

fanoftna33: All this hatred towards Tito.Lets not forget he is coming off almost a two yearlong layoff and fighting one of the top guys in the ufc right now, on short notice. Youve got to give him a bit of respect for not backing out of this fight and acually doing very well in the first two rounds, and I’ll bet if givin another year of training and two more fights he takes Griffen in the third fight.

Not backing out? Isnt he the one saying he wants to fight ASAP? he feels 100%? What was all that about…If I give him a year, I think he will be like Liddell is now… Tito isnt learning anything new anytime soon. There are too many hungry up and comers that already know what Tito knows and are improving every fight. Tito is just gonna fight to get paid.

• TerribleT says:

You’re a f_cking joke Tito! I bet alot a CA$H on you and I knew when the fight was over that the only chance I had of winning was if Forrest got robbed,and 1 judge gave me a glimmer of hope when he gave you an undeserving edge on his scorecard but you got your ass spanked and you know it ! The last legit win you even have against anybody other than that washed up has been Ken Shamrock [NOT COUNTING YOUR COUNTERFEIT SPLIT DECISION OVER FORREST GRIFFIN IN YOUR 1ST FIGHT] was a split decision victory over Vitor Belfort in Feb.2005 at UFC 51!!!!!!

• nope says:

Boot this dick w/ the caps.

TROLL

• FightFan313 says:

Tito said b4 the fight that he was in the best shape of his life and that he was submitting his team mates like never b4. His back felt great and this was the first time he was going into a fight injury free. After the fight Tito was like . this hurt and that hurt and I was just selling the fight . Tito is a little bitch but, I will still watch him fight. Just please Dana..don’t let him talk anymore. Oh and Tito.. when you loose the last round 10-8, its probably only going to get worse from there.

• kuboa says:

Meanwhile, sure woulda been nice if “one of the top guys in the ufc” could have ended it while Tito was busy jumping around… esp after Silva, Griffin looks boring and vaguely absent.

• Makington says:

TerribleT: You’re a f_cking joke Tito! I bet alot a CA$H on you and I knew when the fight was over that the only chance I had of winning was if Forrest got robbed,and 1 judge gave me a glimmer of hope when he gave you an undeserving edge on his scorecard but you got your ass spanked and you know it ! The last legit win you even have against anybody other than that washed up has been Ken Shamrock[NOT COUNTING YOUR COUNTERFEIT SPLIT DECISION OVER FORREST GRIFFIN IN YOUR 1ST FIGHT] was a split decision victory over Vitor Belfort in Feb.2005 at UFC 51!!!!!!

Makes me wonder why you would bet on him when you clearly hate him. If you knew all this beforehand, why not go for Forrest? Must have been on a whim or something.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I bet they are the coaches. That would explain why Tito did nothing in the 3rd! He was setting it up for TUF!!!!!!! he just stood there and took kicks and punches looking at the clock and after the bell straight away he was saying if you won this we will have to do it again. He knew he lost and I think it was on purpose. I hope I’m wrong but I bet they are the coaches and they would not be if Tito won would they?.

• Im probably gonna get the lame comment vote here but I gave Forrest all three. In round 1 Tito took him down for approx 1 minute and got nowhere While Forrest out pointed him on his feet and even used a good kimura to stand up . Round 2 Tito took forrest down for less than a minute the first time and got owned on his feet…the second time he landed some good elbows and bloodied Forrest but literally kept him down a whole 1:25-1:130 then got reversed as Forrest got a better position than Tito reached . Round 3 needs no explanation. I agree Tito cant truly feel this way he’s just tryin to get back to bein the Huntington Beach Bad Boy and talk trash.

As far as seeing them on Tuf I think it would be the best coach competition yet with two Cardio machines and good coaches really tryin to get the best out of their guys. On the downside Tito will try to smack talk Forrest and Forrest will just make fun of him. Third time I say is a charm for Forrest and he gets the finish by a submission while Tito makes excuses.

• TerribleT says:

Makington:

• PLANETSTOMP says:

Sorry to offend with all the caps-it wasnt done to piss anyone off-anyways-i think tito definitely still has a future-i find his hype intriguing

• edub says:

TerribleT: Whatever Mr.Know-it-all smartass.I dont hate Tito.I just don’t like him and FYI I don’t like Forrest either.I bet on Tito bcuz he was the underdog and the odds were good and I don’t think Forrest is that good so that’s why I bet the way I did not bcuz I was “on a whim or something” like you said.Anyway don’t you have anything better to do than to flame me for a comment I made about Tito?

Hey roid rage guy he’s not flaming you. He was simply pointing out the fact that you bet on Tito after knowing all this stuff was dumb(which it was). “I don’t hate him. I just don’t like him”… ah well thats completely different then.

• Cory Brady says:

PLANETSTOMP:

Good form PLANETSTOMP. I didn’t personally have that big of a problem with the caps, but props for doing the right thing cuz I know it was pissing some of the others right off, lol. Seems like you’re shouting when you type in all caps. Glad to have you here though.

• buzzcramp says:

Has there ever been a cockier fighter that hasn’t won a fight in eight years? How can anyone still take this clown seriously?

• TerribleT says:

edub:
    Hey roid rage guy he’s not flaming you. He was simply pointing out the fact that you bet on Tito after knowing all this stuff was dumb(which it was).“I don’t hate him. I just don’t like him”… ah well thats completely different then.

You’re a fuckin’ asswipe for gettin’ in the middle in our business dude unless maybe he’s your boyfriend then I could see why you were offended.