Brock Larson cut by UFC following defeat at UFC 106

brock larsonMinnesota based welterweight Brock Larson has been released from the UFC following a defeat suffered at the hands of Brian Foster during UFC 106 this past weekend.

The news comes courtesy of Larson himself in a recent conversation with MMAJunkie.com.

“It’s probably a good thing,” stated Larson. “I was having a hard time getting motivated for my last two fights. I needed a change. The undercoat’s just didn’t do it for me.”

Larson tapped out due to strikes in his previous outing with Foster in the second round after a flurry of punches left the thirty-two year old veteran in a heap.

Larson has gone 5-2 in his last seven outings, dropping his last two bouts to Foster and Mike Pierce.

• fanoftna33 says:

Great the UFC drops Larson after two in a row but keep Danzig after losing three in a row.

• Connor Cobain says:

Wow I really don’t care about this cut as much as others. Just hope they don’t cut Drew McFedries, that guy is at least entertaining.

• Rich S. says:

This is good.. It’s clear that he just can’t hang in the UFC..

• nate says:

if they can cut babalu for holding a choke two seconds too long they can definitely cut brock larson for his illegal blows.

• thunder okami says:

Even though i’m not a huge Larson fan, he was on a tear and was about 1 win away from getting a main card fight, then he gets 2 losses and gets cut…wow idek

• FightFan313 says:

I really thought Brock was going to contend for the title. Shocker for me.

• Makington says:

Well he’s really only got himself to blame. His lost quite convincingly to 2 very unheralded fighters. (Although I must admit how surprised I was how good Brian Foster did)
    I’m not that upset to see him go. Personally, I thought he would never be more than a gatekeeper.
    @fan It’s official that Danzig is getting another fight? Although he lost to 3 tough as nails fighters and was the TUF winner, 3 losses is still a very tough situation. I think he should go. I’d be surprised if the UFC kept him. It doesn’t make sense compared to some fighters who get cut after just 2 losses, like Josh Neer, or Jorge Gurgel.

• xtreme_machine says:

Do not like this decision

He should of had gotten another crack at it

• PLANETSTOMP says:

LARSON LOOKED SICKLY-STILL HE SHOULD OF NOT BEEN CUT

• Scott H. says:

It’s part of the UFC, or any other organisation…

New fighters come in, other fighters have to leave. Just at UFC 106, we had exciting new fighters come in at WW… Volkmann & Foster, plus the return of Baroni.

Five welterwieghts lost fights on Saturday: Davis; Baroni; Volkmann, Rumble Johnson, and Larson. I’d look forward to seeing the other four fight again more then I would Larson. I have nothing against the guy, and I feel sorry for anyone who loses a job, but he hasn’t caught my attention or created the excitement with me that other fighters have.

One other note no ones mentioned, Larson earned $26,000 for his loss last weekend, more (off the top of my head) then any of the other guy’s I mentioned. Assuming Larson was on a $26,000 to show, $26,000 to win contract… that’s relatively big money to pay an undercard fighter. Even though he was not happy with it, I don’t think the UFC had any demand to put him anywhere but the undercard.

• KTru says:

That whole “on the undercard and really was not motivated” comment does not sit well with me.

You are a professional, do your job, do it right, and you will be rewarded.

Was a fan of his, now he can get his main card fights in another organization.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

Good point scott-cant argue with logic