Houston Alexander confirms fight with Kevin Ferguson in December (Audio)

Houston AlexanderHouston Alexander was a special guest on Z-92  in Omaha this morning on the Todd N Tyler Radio Empire.  First question of the interview was in regards to the fighters next match up.   Says he has a big fight coming up against  Kevin Ferguson (aka Kimbo Slice) on December 5 in Las Vegas.

To Hear the interview  you can click HERE.

Alexander says he was called about the upcoming bout and didn’t hesitate accepting.

• Dufresne says:

Oh goody…

For as much talk as the UFC has about having the best fighters and putting on only the best fights, this seems more like a Japanese MMA organization’s circus-style matchup.

Neither of these fighters are complete. Sure they throw heavy hands and knees, but other than ensuring a KO, what does this fight accomplish?

• moosebaby02 says:

except for the kimbo fans who belive that he is the next big thing and want to see him fight and the fans who think he has no place in MMA and want to see him get smashed it accomplish a fight that both sides wants to see……….except for you Dufresne. Its all about the mighty $$$$ and how much you can make my friend

• nate says:

personally i dont care if fights dont “make sense” in divisional standings. i like fights. furthermore i especially enjoy fights that are going to be slugfests. and even then i never understood the whole “circus fights” notion. to me if someone wants to fight someone and they agree to it whats wrong? keith hackney fought emmanuel yardborough and there was a 400lb weight difference. i thought it was awesome. fighting is fighting to me regardless of skill or talent. like it or not kimbo is fighting and were all going to watch.

• Kamakosmo says:

“Sure they throw heavy hands and knees, but other than ensuring a KO, what does this fight accomplish?”

Dufresne:
    Does a fight have to accomplish anyhing more other than to entertain the Fans?

• 27jride says:

Seriously, who doesn’t wanna see two big, heavy punchers knock the dog shit out of each other and end it with someone laying on the ground out cold? So this dufresne guy is a fight snob, he’s entitled to his opinion just like the others that say they won’t watch it because it’s bad for the sport. The rest of us are gonna love watching this, last weekend’s fights were pretty exciting but after watching Randy hold Vera against the fence for 15 minutes only two weeks ago, I need all the excitement they can whip up!

• I grasp what he’s saying but I disagree. A lot of times we’ll all talk about being fans of a sport and not wanting to watch street brawls. This fight will be nothing but a sanctioned street fight. Having said that I couldn’t be happier about it. I love the old UFCs for the signifigance of what they are to the sport but let’s face it most of them suck for two reasons….
    1. No chess match one of two things and ONLY one of two things happens. Striker drops a grappler or someone gets submitted.
    2. They were street fights with people grabbing hair, clothes and cracking people in the groin. ( I still have nightmares about Hackney and Jo Son) I’m a fan of a sport where two atheletes go in there and see who the better man is using a combination of technique, power and athleticism.
    This time we have two brawler style fighters that will throw haymakers all night and this wont make it past the four minute mark of round 1. This will be entertaining but who knows….if TUF is any indication Old Man Slice just might have a new trick or two up his sleeve. I doubt it.

• AlphaOmega says:

I was telling my friends that this fight would be funny if Alexander shocked everyone by taking Kimbo down.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

PERSONALLY I THINK THIS FIGHT WILL BE A BLOCKBUSTER-MY PREDICTION-KIMBO BY TKO IN THE FIRST

• FightFan313 says:

I think this will be a really good slug fest. Neither has a ground game. If kimbo handles the weight loss it should be a good fight. Wow.. what a evenly match fight. I think it really could go either way. Who has the better chin? Both have been knocked out. Neither will ever be champion but what a good fight. I could on on and on. Good match up.

• PLANETSTOMP says:

FANTASTIC POST FIGHT FAN

• GassedOut says:

I’m looking forward to this fight. Some of the best fights are guys with holes in their games aginst guys with the same holes in their games. This is going to be an absolute brawl, and I’m going to be entertained greatly by it. Who knows? It might even be like Griffin-Bonnar I. (I doubt it, I’m just saying.) I think I pick Alexander…gotta go with those brutal knees. They did in Jardine…

• PLANETSTOMP says:

WELL SAID GASSED OUT-YOU NAILED IT ON THE BUTTON

• moosebaby02 says:

I LOVE HOUSTON ALEXANDER
    just read this guys bio and you will too. thats why no matter who he is in the cage with i have to watch. He leaves it all out there and for good reasons.
    cant wait to watch this one

• PLANETSTOMP says:

OH THERE HE IS-WELCOME BACK MOOSE BABY-ONCE AGAIN QUITE A TYPE-MOVING FORWARD-I DID LOOK IT UP-STILL NOT IMPRESSED

• moosebaby02 says:

what a single father of what 6 kids, teacher, radio dj, volunteer counselor to keep kids of the street and gave up one of his kidneys to his daughter. ya I know he should its his daughter and I would for mine as well but the guy is genuine all around nice guy with grenades for hands
    whats wrong with you PLANET