Dana White: ‘Dustin [Hazelett] will be paid his full purse’

Dustin HazelettThe way UFC President Dana White sees it, it’s not Dustin Hazelett‘s fault that Karo Parisyan pulled out of the pair’s anticipated UFC 106 showdown with a “laundry list of excuses”, and accordingly the limb twisting submission wizard will not be punished financially.

White recently made the announcement that Hazelett will receive all of his show and win money regardless of Parisyan’s inability to fight as previously expected via his Twitter account, stating:

Dustin will be paid his full purse to show and win. Its not his fault.

Hopefully the UFC will manage to secure another fight for Hazelett at a UFC in the near future. As it currently stands, it has been four days past the one year anniversary of Dustin’s last trip to the Octagon, where he tapped out Tamdan McCrory with a nasty inverted armbar at their UFC 91 meeting.

• Kuch says:

At least he doesn’t take a big financial hit, though he does lose out on exposure. I say put him on the announce team for the Koscheck/Johnson fight; at least the fans (who don’t visit these sites) will hear he is still alive.

• Angry Mike says:

I was really looking forward to this fight. Hazelett vs. Karo would have been a great match up. Hopefully Hazelett gets another fight very soon.

• Makington says:

Very glad Dana did this for Dustin, but I’m still bummed as hell he isn’t fighting. Considering he is healthy and injury free I’m hoping we can see him fight extremely soon.

• fuhr says:

Glad the UFC did this but as mentioned he still loses out on exposure and a shot at a FOtN bonus or a sub/ko of the night bonus… alright a lot more likely the sub of the night than the KO but still.

• ByronGiant says:

It’s shit like this that really confuses me about Dana White. He makes eight douche bag moves in a row, then something like this happens, and I’m forced to stop and think. And then I remember that Dana doesn’t actually control things like this, he’s just the guy who’s on TV the most.

• Vogairian says:

I’m sure it sucks to not get the chance to fight in front of the fans, but at least his time put in wasn’t a full waste. I’m sure they’ll be looking to get him a fight ASAP.

• Maybe Hazelett/Serra at 109?

• PsYc0tIkDrEaM says:

It’s good that Hazelett’s getting his pay. But it would be more cooler if he fought too. It would’ve been better if they actually put him up against Paulo Thiago. and to the other guy Serra’s fighting Trigg on 109

• Oh, that’s right, I forgot about that.

Hughes maybe? Although I’m afraid Hughes, even though great BJJ guys (and GSP) are his kryptonite, will blanket his way to a decision

• Porsche930_Pilot says:

That’s good news Hazelett will get his pay. I mean that’s the stand up thing to do but they didn’t have to so wtg Dana & company.