GSP and Dan Hardy possible coaches for TUF 11

6268-danhardy_ufcIt appears as though Dan Hardy is on his way to mainstream recognition following his impressive victory over Mike Swick during this past weekend’s UFC 105 card in Manchester. Not only did the relentless Brit put himself directly into title contention with the win, it now seems like he is in the running to be one of the two coaches on the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter“.

According to a recent report on the Telegraph.co.uk, Georges St. Pierre could be coaching opposite Hardy on TUF 11, as both men are currently being considered to fill the spots.

If the report is correct, the show would likely help to build their upcoming welterweight title clash at a yet to be determined date.

“I’d fight him [GSP] in Canada, Las Vegas, England, on the moon, or in the car park,” explained Hardy. “I want that belt.

“I have all the skills to cause him a lot of problems, and he is only human. He’s a great athlete very good at winning and putting together a gameplan; but he is not a fighter like me. And I’m going to get in there and my intention is to hurt him, put a beating on him. In a 25 minute fight, it’s a long time to keep my hands off his chin.”

• fanoftna33 says:

If Hardy can stay off his back he has a chance like everybody else, but I hope they dont coach the next season as it means we will have to wait about a year before the fight.

• Hohlraum says:

• thatswhatshesaid13 says:

Would this be a UK vs. Canada season? I actually think that would be sweet, as I am Canadian. Oh, and I like Hardy in an upset, mostly because, as I am in Canada, everyone I know loves GSP, so naturally, I hate the guy. Hardy by Round 4 TKO.

• edub says:

Hohlraum: Impressive? Anyone else notice that Mike Swick looked pale as hell and sluggish?

Yea he didnt look 100%.

• fanoftna33 says:

Swick looked to be feeling fine until Hardy cracked him in the jaw, and Swick realized he couldnt hurt Hardy. The same thing happened to him when he lost to Okami, he was mentally defeated way before the fight was over.

• Vogairian says:

I normally like having interesting fighters as the coaches, right now we have too many injured champions/headliners for GSP to be on TUF. If you want some interesting names give us Shogun and Lyoto while he recovers from his hand injury.

• Rich S. says:

Oh come on…
    Please, no…

What happened to the legendary coaches?
    Randy and Chuck.. OK
    Rich and Matt.. OK
    Randy and GSP.. OK

I’m even OK with recycling the old TUF winners as coaches..

But Dan Hardy? I don’t know how to say this without taking away from his skill.. He’s a good fighter, but this is moving way too fast..

I think something was wrong with Swick, but still, Hardy won fair and square..
    Still, I don’t think he deserves this title shot.. and furthermore a chance to coach TUF..

I wish we could just get some damn title fights around here without having to wait an entire year for them to go through a show..
    If it weren’t for Rashad and Rampage hosting this season, we probably would’ve actually gotten to see them fight each other..

• JBAR says:

I think that next season they should make the coaches stay in the house with the fighters. If they had done that this season we might have seen Rampage and Rashad after all.

• moosebaby02 says:

JBAR thats a great idea
    thatswhatshesaid13 i can understand what your saying on hating on something cause everyone likes it Yankees, American idol, the Cowboys wait i mean girls after yesterday (haha J) but how can you hate on GSP. He really is a nice guy.
    As for a Canada vs UK that would be cool being from Canada as well but i dont see it happen. Not everyone will be into seeing a bunch of hockey loving beer drinking hoosiers running around doing stupid shit and pranks against a bunch of beer drinking,_____________(what it is they do over in the UK that they love so much) who have a sense of humor. It would be the true definition of a frat house. Who will want to see that?
    Oh Dan Hardy to much to fast is not a good thing. Rich S. good points.

Oh for my fellow Canadians who WILL get offended by the “bunch of hockey loving beer drinking hoosiers running around doing stupid shit and pranks” its just a joke get a sense of humor.

• nate says:

I’m selfish and I admit it. if Dan and georges coach it will delay their fight yes. however in the bigger picture it will pay countless dividends towards both fighters careers. I am a Dan hardy lover from the first time I saw him fight how excited he was having his name announced showing love to buffer stomping about All excited and he looked like he was having fun. he then took out a golden gloves boxer (Rory Markham) via his own game. punching. he has charisma and fights just as exciting. he looks as if he is excited just to be fighting in the ufc. I like that I feel mass exposure as a coach will help prevent Dan from being a one and done contender. if they fought without him being a coach and he lost he would fall down the ww ladder and will have a hard time coming back. putting him on tuf as a coach and exposing a charismatic great fighter with international appeal makes him a commodity and thus a larger more long term draw. look at how much faith people lost I’m bisping for losing to Hendo..the ufc cant afford losing another credible international star with all the supposed expansion going around they need as many soldified stars from across the pond as possible. I think it will be excellent timing to put a Canadian superstar against a charismatic prospect from the uk against eachother ending in a title fight is the perfect plan.

• This will be a good fight but St. Pierre all the way.

Speaking of GSP, Yahoo sports has reported that GSP wants to wrestle in 2012

• JBAR says:

I also think a good deal for the show would be to make it a 4 way battle between different camps. Like American Top Team vs The Pit vs Team Quest vs AKK. (Feel free to change the camps up) Let them take the guys back to their gyms and train them for a month and then come to the house and start the competition. The camps would go all out training the guys and the guys would get top instruction and have time to develop the skills. It would make the show more competitive.

• edub says:

• JBAR says:

edub: JBAR just reminded me… what happend to camp vs. camp articles. I started reading them when I came to this site and they were awesome.

I agree, I miss them as well.