Dana White: Brock Lesnar is ‘in really bad shape’ and ‘not getting any better’

brock_lesnar_wins_ufc_titleWith a big question mark hanging over the potential date of the highly anticipated heavyweight championship clash between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin due to the champion coming down with a nasty case of mono, it now appears that Lesnar’s current battle is taking place far away from the Octagon.

UFC President Dana White recently revealed the unfortunate news concerning Brock’s current medical situation when addressing the media following UFC 105, and it’s not sounding good.

“He’s in a hospital up in North Dakota somewhere right now,” explained Dana. “He went to Canada and some bad stuff happened to him, so we’ve got to figure it out.

“He doesn’t want to talk about it publicly, but he’s in bad shape. He’s not well and he’s not going to be getting well anytime soon.”

When asked if Lesnar’s current problem’s cant be attributed to the recent report of mononucleosis, White wouldn’t limit it to that alone, explaining, “He has other problems too. He is not good. He is very, very sick and he’s going to be out for a while.”

According to the UFC President, there’s no question about it; the situation is one for concern, and there are stills questions that need answering.

“I am worried about it,” explained White. “You know, I can’t really talk about it right now, but he’s in rough shape. He’s in really bad shape. We’re going to have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well and he’s not getting any better.

“We’re going to have to send him to the Mayo Clinic or to Scripp’s, or one of those really good hospitals to figure out what’s wrong with this guy.”

Stay tuned to 5 Oz. as we continue to keep you up to date on this still developing story.

• WOW!!

That Fedor TKOing Rogers really scared the hell out of Brock into sickness!! J/k LOL

GSP can’t carry the whole UFC load.

I think Shane vs. Cain will be the logical fight after all of this.

I’d rather watch Dos Santos vs. Mir than Mir vs. Congo

• BigDave says:

therussianexperiment: WOW!!That Fedor TKOing Rogers really scared the hell outof Brock into sickness!! J/k LOLIn all seriousness, I really hope he feels better because UFC really needs a GREAT CARD.Anderson Silva is down, Big Nog recently has to pull out from Cain, Brock will probably miss half of 2010 and Couture was a snooze-fest last night.GSP can’t carry the whole UFC load.
    I think Shane vs. Cain will be the logical fight after all of this.I’d rather watch Dos Santos vs. Mir than Mir vs. Congo

We are talking about a human being love him or hate him that by the sounds of it is possibly fighting a life threatening illness and your worried about what fights you want to see or don’t? Go fuck yourself you bitch and never post again. I think I’m speaking for alot of MMA fans out there both fans and non-fans of Brock when I say hang in there man and just focus on getting better.

• BennyProfane says:

This is something obviously way worse than mono.

• fetussandwich says:

BigDave:

He’s commenting on the current and realistic dilemma in the HW division. What is wrong with that? It would be just plain stupid to overlook the fact that all of the top contenders and current champ are sidelined. It’s a train wreck of a situation for #1 contender status.

You say all this after posting about how you wanted to see Velasquez vs Dos Santos in the “Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira out of UFC 108 with Staph Infection” article. You know, the one where it explains how the staph infection has gotten into his bloodstream which could potentially kill him? Well done.

• Angry Mike says:

White’s comments suggest that Lesnar was in Canada when something bad happened. Was Lesnar there for medical treatment of some kind? If so, for what and why? Treatment for most conditions is better in the U.S., so maybe it was to avoid publicity and attention by State Commissions. There has to be some scuttlebutt on this somewhere.

• To Little FAGGOT BIGDAVE:

FUCK YOU!!!!

I can’t stand INTERNET TOUGH GUYS who has the balls to say shit ONLY ONLINE.

I feel for Brock and I really do hope he feels better but this is an MMA FORUM not a fuckin “SEND A GET WELL” Message you fucking hypocrite!!!!

I was just commenting about what should UFC do and I wasn’t disrespecting Brock or belittling his condition.

SO you go fuck yourself YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!!!!!

• Pajamashark says:

Dana White: “Oh, I really can’t talk about it, so I’ll just say a bunch of things that make it sound like he’s on death’s door and his fans will be sick with worry, but that’s why I can’t say anything except Brock Lesner is probably going to die from a Sasquach bite in Canada because I don’t really know anything, I mean no one does, except that a horrible thing happened to him in another country where he got rabies from Bigfoot that no one knows about but it absolutely means he might die maybe or probably already is dead already unless he’s just very sick and not dead… yet, but I can’t tell you that because I can’t say anything.”

Dana whatever happened to the good-old-fashioned Press Release written by people who understood things like tact and public relations?

• qat says:

therussianexperiment:
    To Little FAGGOT BIGDAVE:
    FUCK YOU!!!!
    I can’t stand INTERNET TOUGH GUYS who has the balls to say shit ONLY ONLINE.
    SO you go fuck yourself YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!!!!!

i estimate your age to be about the amount of exclamation points you made.

• bigbadjohn says:

Wow. big dave had a point there and russianbaby proved it further. call me an ‘internet tough guy’ but you are a clown russianbaby. f- bomb this, f-bomb that.

• sensiman says:

What the hell is wrong with him??? Im not a Brock Fan… infact I just flat out dont like the guy but this concerns me. I am a MMA fan though and the guy is the champ right now so I hope he pulls through. And then when he is all better I hope Shane Carwin takes the belt.

• sensiman says:

He was at the Vikings Game on the 27th of October.

• ByronGiant says:

Don’t fuck with Canada son… Mess around, and we’ll disease your ass! lol

I had heard that he caught the h1n1, then mono, there’s also rumors about staph, and pneumonia. I bet it’s the black plague… and the red one too… and he’s being attacked by ninjas that were trained by Chuck Norris… who are all on fire.

• BillyWarhol says:

Blame it on Canada Eh!

• Vogairian says:

I’m on the side of the fence that supports Brock and even if I wasn’t I’d be wishing him well. Hopefully we find out sooner rather then later what is actually wrong with him.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I wish him all the best.

• nate says:

no!! this is awful. love/hate aside, we the fans want him to get better and hopefully 100% again. hopefully he does. i know its selfish of me but i was hoping his career would end from being beat out of the ufc..not freaking dying. for the first time ever im rooting for brock to win a fight.

• elkymbo says:

What’s the bet it something to do with steroids?

• bigbadjohn says:

steroids? jesus, have some sensitivity or compassion. this guy could be seriously ill. These are humans who compete for personal acheivement but also for our entertainment. Not being a Brock fan is okay. It’s better than okay, its normal, most greats have love and hate legions. You can even hope he loses to Carwin when (hopefully) he recovers but don’t start with the “faking it” mumbo jumbo or even worse, steroid-use speculation with no absolutely no supporting evidence

• beardad1957 says:

Has he been tested for the swine flu H1N1 that is killing children and adults at a nasty rate?

• danw84 says:

MMA-LOGIC: I wish him all the best.Perhaps Carwin will have to earn his title shot now, I mean by fighting somebody, anyboby who is top 10. I, for some reason don’t ever recall seeing him do that. So why is he fighting for the title? It must be cuz he looks like he might do well. Seems like reason enough for me…not.P.S. Seriously get well soon Brock. I think you are great for MMA and the UFC HW division.

Are you serious? Were you ok with Brock’s title shot? Losing to Mir, then not finishing Heath Herring. Yeah, Carwin is the one who didn’t deserve his title shot.

• edub says:

Get well soon big guy.

• danw84 says:

I hope Brock gets back to 100% quickly.

The sooner he’s healthy the sooner someone, Carwin or otherwise, can silence his groupies from talking about him as some sort of unstoppable juggernaut.

• lemonheadzzz says:

long term effects of HGH are a bitch

• moosebaby02 says:

danw84

no thats LOGIC danw84.

• baldguy80 says:

I’m certainly not a Brock Lesnar fan, but I really hope he gets better. Love ’em or hate ’em, he is the current UFC heavyweight champ. Some newspaper asked the question, (and I paraphrase) “Is Brock’s budding MMA career over?” I hope not! There are too many interesting match-ups that could happen. Everyone I know would still love to see a Carwin-Lesnar match-up. How about Lesnar-Fedor? (Promotional problems make it unlikely, but we’d all pay to see it!) And Lesnar-Velasquez would be a great match, so would Lesnar vs Big Nog.

Reluctantly, Brock Lesnar’s skills have earned my respect and I hope his illness isn’t serious and he’s able to return sooner, rather than later.

• manny says:

why wont they say what’s wrong with lesnar? I mean the fans deserve to know.. Hopefull sable didn’t give him any std’s after he bet mir @ ufc 100.

• Davey D says:

I’ve done some digging today and found that TMZ quoted Dana White saying that Brocks aliment could be intestinal. That makes me think he could have Crohs Disease where your large intestine almost actually eats itself up and deteriorates. Any thoughts???

Man…this thing is getting scarier by the day.

• Yourdaddydevilandlord says:

He took that one last designer steroid that turned him into Bigfoot, and was shot while roaming the wilds of Canada by GSP’s grandmother, she’s a badass too.

• JBAR says:

Hope he get’s well soon. Like him or not he is exciting to watch.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

“Are you serious? Were you ok with Brock’s title shot?”
    No as I said about 2000000000000000000000 times before you dick. I say dick because you like many other people tried to put words in my mouth. DON’T DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER SAID THAT SO DON’T DO THAT. Please.