“Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” Peaks at 5.46 Million Viewers

07_SHIELDS(rt)_vs_MILLER_6P1Y7433The ratings are in for this past Saturday evening’s “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” card that aired on CBS, displaying visible gains for the network in a variety of key demographics.

It looks like the event met an average of 4.04 million viewers, while topping out at the 5.46 million viewer mark at it’s peak.

The card delivered significant gains in a variety of areas for the CBS time slot, most particularly among males between the ages of 18 and 34, where the broadcast outrated competing sporting events on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2.

The broadcast was also up 125% past it’s normal season-to-date average for the time slot with all adults between the ages of 18 to 34.

• jding3 says:

• edub says:

Great stuff. One step closer to mma being primarily on network TV.

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

i feel that if you want to be labeled with the NFL,NBA, etc, you have to have the availability. prime time tv is best for the sport. but best for business? i dunno…

• Angry Mike says:

Hopefully this will motivate UFC towards a network deal. Once that happens, the sport will really explode, imo.

• Vogairian says:

Glad the show did well, the only thing that worries me is what’s going to happen when every fight isn’t a headliner?

• xtreme_machine says:

sad to learn this because it means that Kimbo is a bigger draw than Fedor

hopefully one day it can be the other way

• Lerner17 says:

@xtreme_machine: The only reason, IMO, that Kimbo is a bigger draw than Fedor is because, unless you’re a hardcore MMA fan like most of us on here are, you never really heard of Fedor before. Even people that I know that can’t stand MMA know who Kimbo is primarily because of his YouTube videos. Those things went nearly viral a couple years ago.

On that note, I feel that the numbers, for what they were, were fairly good, especially going up against a rehash of UFC main events at the exact same time slot (Thank you, Dana White…. NOT!)

• HonorableAggression says:

Angry Mike: Hopefully this will motivate UFC towards a network deal.Once that happens, the sport will really explode, imo.

It would be nice, but in point of fact, ufc beat those numbers on spike with tuf 10, with 7 million viewers, which gives them a lot of bargaining power, and from what I’ve heard the networks aren’t offering them a deal that they feel makes good business sense to them.

On a general note, what’s with all the Dana hate? Seems like the popular stance these days. It’s not like I can’t understand why people don’t like him, he’s pretty polarizing as a person, but I don’t know if people truly appreciate how different mma would be without him and the fertitta’s today. In the end, how many people that come on here and rag on Dana support his business? And as far as business goes, as a business owner myself I can tell you what Zuffa has done with that company since they bought it, and especially in the last three years while every other business falls apart is pure genius.

• GassedOut says:

jding3: That sounds pretty solid, it beat all of the EliteXC primetime numbers which is good.

I think the card that had Gina and Kimbo on it did 5.67 though. I know it was higher than this card, but this isn’t a bad showing for the timeslot. Of particular interest here is that the actual tune-in rate was up 125%. That means it was new people tuning in for the fight, not just folks expecting to see the news and then waiting through the last fight of the night. Even that is not bad news.

• David Andrest says:

I’m certain the spin doctors on all sides will play in and tell us, how great it was or how horrible it was.

CBS saw pretty big gains in the Key Demographic, one would think they would be happy.

If we are honest, The names on this card were not that strong outside the hardcore community, and CBS didn’t exactly push Mayhem to his key MTV demo. So to me it was a good showing.

I’ll be interested to see what 105 does this weekend.

• Lerner17 says:

@HonorableAggression: I don’t have love nor hate for Dana. He is what he is, really, which is one helluva business man that strongly believes that his is the only one true product to market. I do think, however, that he needs to realize that having another organization out there that gets almost as much attention that ZUFFA doesn’t own (I’m looking at you, WEC, even though some of my favorite fighters are in it…) is ALSO good for business. Competition either makes a company sink or swim, while complacency breeds contempt.