Frank Mir looking to ‘end Brock Lesnar’s career’

BrockFrank Mir has one thing left on his UFC bucket list before he rides off into the Las Vegas sunset, and surprisingly it’s not to become the UFC champion once again.

In a recent conversation with Fighters Only Magazine, Mir stated that he had one goal he would like to achieve before it’s all said and done, and that is, “To end Brock Lesnar’s career. Really, it’s what I think about all the time. Brock Lesnar exploited a huge weakness in my game and no matter who I crush after this, I have to crush him to show I’ve improved that weakness.”

However, don’t be so quick to assume that Mir had his feelings hurt when Brock taunted the former champion after “removing the horseshoe from his a**” at UFC 100. According to Mir, it’s all about patching up the holes and evolving as a fighter.

“It’s nothing about how he talked to me in my last fight, I could care less about it,” explained Mir. “If I took it that personal there are other ways to handle situation like that outside of a cage, but honestly I just want to fix what was exploited.

“If you’re a true martial artist you don’t do it for money or titles, just to be the best human being possible, and if someone exploits a weakness, who better to see if you’ve fixed it than the guy who exploited it.”

• doowm says:

will mir retire if lesnar beats the shit out of him again? i hpoe so! i get tired of hearing the pussy ass cry bout the way brock whooped that ass! he may as well retire, cause he’ll never beat brock, and he can’t slim down enough to go to lhw.

• edub says:

Apparently he doesn’t like coors light.

• fanoftna33 says:

Good luck with that Mir.

• HonorableAggression says:

It rubs me the wrong way to see the same guy who said everytime kimbo fights it sets mma back (a sentiment I agree with), now saying he’s looking to end someone’s career. This is sport, not spectacle, and saying crap like that makes mma look just as bad as kimbo makes it look imho.

• moosebaby02 says:

i seconded that fan

• jding3 says:

• edub says:

jding3: I wouldn’t mind seeing Mir beat Lesnar if he was capable, but talking about ending someones career is just wrong. That’s bad publicity for any sport, let alone one that’s still attempting to be accepted by the general public

Completely agree….

…and what flaw is he talking about. Having a thirty pound advantage, and being stronger faster with also being a better wrestler….

..is that the flaw your talking about Mir.

• BiG BaD BuLL says:

I like frank but I think that crap about ” I could care less about the things brock said, I just want to be the best human possible blah blah blah…” is BS. Before their last fight, frank did everything he could to get inside brock’s head, and he succeeded. the result, however, was not what he anticipated. frank insulted and mocked brock at all corners, and now (after defeat) is attempting this “i’ll be the bigger person” charade. Do I think frank has a chance? sure, and it’s decent…but i’ll still put my money on brock. dude can hold a grudge.

• Angry Mike says:

Ok, I admit it. What’s all this talk about horseshoes and Mir’s bunghole? I don’t understand the metaphor at all. What the hell does that mean?

• bigbadjohn says:

Ya Franky, it was real Martial Artist-like when you constantly and proudly called your opponent a meathead. And having one of your teammates pose as Brock, while you one-punch him for an internet video was Respectable and Honorable. You’re just a bitter man and the only thing I wish more for you than to lose again to Brock is for you never to be in the same ring with him again.

• danw84 says:

Oh god, Frank just SHUT UP. You can not beat Brock, and you will not beat Brock EVER AGAIN. Frank got handed a win by a very inexperienced fighter. Congrats Frank, that’s what you need to win. You’re amazing.

• Cory Brady says:

Angry Mike:

“Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his ass! I told him that a year ago, so I pulled the sumbitch out and beat him over the head with it! Woooo!” – Brock Lenar to Joe Rogan post-UFC 100

As far as what it means; Good question, but my interpretation of it based on Brock’s remarks is that it means you’re arrogant? Not totally sure though.

• Angry Mike says:

Cory:

I remember his saying that in the pre-fight show and also after the fight, but I don’t get it. Why a horseshoe? Is that just a Brock-ism that otherwise makes no sense? I’ve never heard the expression before.

• Cory Brady says:

Just found this on Clichesite.com. They had a couple definitions of it,

1. To be very lucky.
    2. To live a life where you don’t have to work hard.

That seems to make sense.

• edub says:

Angry Mike: Is that just a Brock-ism that otherwise makes no sense? I’ve never heard the expression before.

Horseshoe implies luck Mike. Like the only way Frank beat him in the first fight was because of luck. Hence the Pulitzer worthy line “He had a horseshoe up his ass.”

• Rich S. says:

I’ve always been a fan of Mir, and I still think he’s one of the best Heavyweights right now..

But, he’s not going to beat Brock Lesnar..
    Really, aside from Carwin, I don’t think anyone has what it takes to beat Lesnar right now..
    Not in the UFC, at least..

• jim7283 says:

• edub says:

jim7283: My money is on Mir (figuratively and literally) to take the trilogy – his BJJ is just too good to fall for the same mess again, and needs to put this actor to sleep…

I would gladly let that money be in a bet with me. Although I dont think the third fight with me.

• edub says:

edub: Although I dont think the third fight with me

Although the I dont think the third fight will ever happen….

Im not even drinking.

• bigbadjohn says:

Mir said “99 times out of 100 I beat Brock”. That 1 covered you last time Frank. Now you’ll just look like a dipshit.

• Pajamashark says:

Oh, Frank.

Considering a third of the pictures that come up when you Google Image Search for “Frank Mir”, either feature Brock Lesner in them, or are *actually* pictures of Brock Lesner, I would say your fears are very well grounded. Your career is welded to him now like a small moon orbiting an oily homophobic planet.

• Dufresne says:

As impressive as Mir’s submission game is, unless Brock makes a stupid mistake, I don’t see him winning in the rubber match if it ever happens.
    Mir has been in MMA for a long time and when he first fought Lesnar, Brock had 1 fight compared to Mir’s 13. After only 2 more fights Lesnar completely controlled Mir on the ground where he’s supposed to have the best chance of beating Lesnar.
    How does he think he’s going to fair against Brock after he has even more experience?

• BigDave says:

Frank Mir is BUTTHURT!

• mu_shin says:

Can’t find any fault with Mir talking about rectifying what he perceives as vulnerabilities in his game, and looking for a situation where he can face a trial by fire. That’s part of what MMA is about.

Couching his quest is somewhat hyperbolic terms, saying he wants to end Brock’s career, that sounds like an entertainer talking to me, hyping what he feels could be his only path to MMA redemption. Mir is a former UFC heavyweight champion, who was beaten badly by the current title holder. If Mir is to regain his former status, and scale the heights he has known previously in his career, the road lead through Brock Lesnar.

Personally, I have to respect Mir’s attitude, his willingness to lay it on the line, and face the prospect of a very public failure if he were to lose to Lesnar for a second time. He seems to believe he can learn new technique to recapture the advantage he had in the first fight, and I for one would enjoy seeing him try.

• 3OAM says:

I hope someone ends Lesnar’s career, but I sincerely doubt Frank Mir’s the guy for the job.

• BillyWarhol says:

oh puhleeeze Pretty Boy Frank U ain’t got a Hope in Heck of beating Brock – U got Lucky but thee only thing yer Shootin’ for is 1 more BIG PayDay + yer right that comes courtesy of Lesnar along with another Sweet Ass Whuppin’ to go with the 2 he already laid on ya* ;PPP

• xtreme_machine says:

chill out Mir

first get through Kongo

and then we will listen to you talk

• moosebaby02 says:

• Angry Mike says:

Yeah, the horseshoe-lucky win angle makes sense. Sorta.

• 27jride says:

Cory I’m almost positive Brock was saying that Mir just got lucky the first time they fought (hence, the horseshoe up his ass) and he told him that he just got lucky when he caught him in the heel hook (or ankle lock or knee bar- I forget) because, as we all remember, Frank was taking a beating until that point. “Pullin’ the sumbitch out and beating him over the head with it” is his ever-so elegant way of saying his opponent did not get lucky again.
    I’m from the North East (where we don’t have a lot of hick farm talk) but I never questioned what he meant for some reason ha ha! Frankly, I wish I lived somewhere like you guys where I was exposed to even less of that crap!

• dpk says:

Frank has a couple of fights to get through before he ever see’s Brock again, especially if Brock stays champion. I think he has to take care of Kongo, and then probably fight the Gonzaga/Dos Santos winner to get him self back in line for a title shot. Don’t forget that Nog wants another shot at Mir as well, so that might happen as well.

I really don’t see Frank winning any fight against Brock now or in the future.

• GassedOut says:

Frank, it wasn’t Brock the exposed the hole in your person as you seem to imply. It was your attitude as coach on TUF that did that. All your current talk is doing is exposing another one – your selfish pride.

Get through Kongo and then whoever is next…do it with some actual real non-selfish pride and some respect for others around you and then you can talk about Martial Arts making you a better person.

Seriously…ever wonder why Fedor is a legend apart from his fighting skill? Have you EVER heard him disrespect someone like you have? How about Georges St. Pierre? Anderson Silva? Lyoto Machida? Mauricio Rua? Wanderlei Silva? None of those guys, and I’ve listed some pretty accomplished guys here, have anything but Honor and Respect for their opponents. Who the hell do you think you are? Tito Ortiz? Yeah, there’s a name I want to have mentioned in the same breath as mine in a comparison setting.

Sure, Brock is an idiot that does not seem to respect people in general. Doesn’t mean he didn’t beat you, can’t beat you again, and doesn’t mean you have to talk smack and then when you lose try to look like you’re taking the high road when you’re doing anything but. Like GSP, you should let your fists do the talking in the cage and learn to keep your trap shut. End his career? Really Frank? You want to do bodily harm so severe to someone that his career will be over? What does that say about this “better person” you’re supposed to be becoming? It is against the very spirit of Jiu-jitsu or any other Martial Art you care to name.

• king mah mah says:

I don’t want to see Mir end Lesnar’s career, but it would be nice to see him start breaking bones again!

• windstorm says:

ladies and gentlemen frank mir biggest d bag in mma

• Glen903 says:

Frank Mir lost all credability when he kissed ass with that looser junie browning on TUF.Look at how Brandon Vera bitched frank. TKO 1st round. Mir needs a reality check he cant impose his ill on Brock.Frank talked shit then got his ass handed to him.Frank after that beating Brock gave you, still think he hits like a girl.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Need I remind everyone it is 1 all.

P.S. I have a pet hate with this

“It’s nothing about how he talked to me in my last fight, I could care less about it”.

It is “I couldn’t care less” meaning it is impossible to care less, therefore I don’t care, not “I could care less” meaning I do care and I could care less. Isn’t it?. It pisses me off every time I hear it because they are saying exactly the opposite to what they really mean.

• bigbadjohn says:

true mma-logic but you know what theyre implying when they say it so why even bother commenting on it. most of these guys aren’t english teachers. Frank needs to be worried about his opponents prior to possibly getting at Brock again. plus I don’t see it going any better for Mir than the previous 95% of the first fight and entirity of the second one.

• I for one want to see this match happen again. Brock beat him down both times, the end result was just different in each contest. Frank rocked Brock with a good knee and weakened or not he still finished Big Nog with some pretty sharp combos . I think a rubber match is for sure in order! good buildup and story to it already and I would love to see it title or no title.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Mate I’m no Englosh teAchaR either but if you want to say something is white you don’t say it is black.
    Sorry but it is just 1 thing that annoys me…that and being told I shouldn’t comment.