Fedor Emelianenko Flattens Brett Rogers In Strikeforce War On CBS

fedor-vs-rogersYou just have a sense that you’re watching history in the making every time Fedor Emelianenko wages battle, and this evening was no exception as the modern day fighting legend showed why he is widely regarded as the best fighter on the planet, knocking Brett Rogers senseless in the second round during “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” on CBS.

The victory didn’t come easy Emelianenko, he was forced to endure some nasty ground and pound and a busted nose at the hands of “Grim” Rogers, but found his distance in the second round with a huge right hand that deposited the massive Minnesota native on the canvas in a heap. Just a few meaningless punches later the bout was called to a halt, and the invincible aura of Fedor remains firmly intact.

Jake Shields survived a particularly scary rear-naked choke attempt at the end of round three to edge out Jason “Mayhem” Miller via unanimous decision, utilizing a superior wrestling game to get the nod on the judges scorecards.

After being tossed around like a rag doll from the former Olympic level Judoka Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou for the bulk of the first round, Gegard Mousasi exactly why he’s wearing the Strikeforce light heavyweight strap as he came back in the second to stop the PRIDE and UFC vet with some hard shots on the canvas for the TKO victory.

Also seeing action, Fabricio Werdum gritted out a game Antonio Silva to get the unanimous decision nod in a heavyweight clash, while Marloes Coenen managed to secure a first round armbar over Roxane Modaferri to insure a championship bid against Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos in the near future.

A full list of the results from “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers” are listed below:

Fedor Emelianenko def. Brett Rogers via TKO – Round 2

Jake Shields def. Jason “Mayhem” Miller via unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)

Gegard Mousasi def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou via TKO – Round 2

Fabricio Werdum def. Antonio Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Marlos Coenen def. Roxanne Modafferivia submission (armbar) – Round 1

Jeff Curran def. Dustin Neace via submission (injury) – Round 1

Shamar Bailey def. John Kolosci via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)

Nate Moore def. Louis Taylor via submission (strikes) – Round 2

Christian Uflacker def. Jonatas Novaes via unanimous decision (29-26, 30-25, 30-25)

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Gained a lot of respect for Rogers tonight.

• fanoftna33 says:

I really thought Rogers was going to take this one, but he did look much better than either of the last two ex ufc champs to face Fedor. Fedor looked great having no trouble adjusting to the cage and never really getting hurt. Maybe the next fight for Brett will be against Bigfoot?

• bjjnewb says:

Not sure how anyone could gain any respect for Rogers, any respect he earned during the fight he pissed away as soon as he opened his mouth after the fight. He talked pretty tough for a guy who just came back to consciousness. He showed he has no class in defeat, so I have no respect for him what so ever and he in no way deserves another shot after that. I was really impressed by Fedor, I always am but that right hand was a bomb.

• WarLord says:

Very entertaining fight, but it was clear that Rogers was outclassed. While that shot to the nose could have created worry early on, we’ve seen Fedor bleed before, it doesn’t seem to phase him. Also, I was impressed with the way Fedor literally threw Brett Rogers around in the early rounds; despite being the smaller fighter, Fedor actually seemed to be the physically more dominant of the two. And as the TKO proved, Fedor has one of, if not the most dangerous striking game in MMA.

While his post fight interview wasn’t a gracious as it could have and should have been, I can understand where he’s coming from. For the better part of a month or so he’s been played up as a hardcore, dangerous man; one that is a constant KO danger to his opponents. Then, he goes and gets dropped- it can be understandably frustrating and embarrassing. That being said, he should have been a little more humble, but that was nothing compared to Ortiz or Lesnar.

I’d like to see Brett go against Big Foot, which might be an interesting fight. While I don’t really expect a rematch of Fedor Rogers anytime soon, there are plenty of quality opponents for “The Grim” to fight.

• jding3 says:

I was there in person and the electricity in the air was insane. I gained a lot of respect for Rogers, he showed he is a formidable opponent. Awesome win for for Fedor though.

I don’t think Werdum stands to much of a chance though, after seeing him tonight i’m not too interested in him fighting Fedor, I think he would get KO’d first round

• damonkolt says:

There has not been a more fitting nickname in a long time than ‘Big Foot’. Great card and even though Rogers came off looking like a douche by openning his mouth, I would love to see a rematch between the two. Werdum vs Fedor doesn’t excite me as much and Rogers did look good in the 1st round.

• neijia says:

Agree Rogers should never have said anything. Totally classless douche. Whereas Fedor called him a great fighter, etc.

“Better say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove ALL DOUBT”

Anyway, good rd 1 from Rogers.

@jding3 – what did the crowd do when Fedor dove-punched in rd1? And what did it do when it was all over?

• jding3 says:

The crowd went crazy when he dove-punched the fans loved Fedor, and booed Rogers. The thing about Fedor is that he always looks for a way to finish no matter what. It was scary though when Rogers was ground and pounding him, he took some shots

• ByronGiant says:

Endured nasty ground and pound? He got hit maybe four times. I think he only got hit a total of six times in the entire fight.

Also Brett Rogers is a sore loser. What a pouty bitch.

• s00nertp says:

How the heck does Fedor do it? That was an unbelievable knockout. Fedor put all his power into that punch & he pretty much fell on Brett.

Insane!!

That was worth a whole pay per view, just that one fight. Instead we got Mousassi’s battle as well!!!!! What a night, and FREE!

Brett, good show, you should be proud of the performance. You made it out of the 1st round with a very impressive showing. I’m a fan.

• neijia says:

def looked scary but Fedor sure finds his way out of spots. like Tiger Woods coming out of the deep rough. i put anderson silva p4p #1 but fedor’s mental game is simply heads above everyone’s. although I must say Mousasi showed Fedor-like composure.

Fedor’s transitions leave no holes. failed whizzer throw flows right to an uppercut (that move is even in his book – that rogers should’ve studied!).

• liamgillis08 says:

• king mah mah says:

When Fedor landed that right hand I jumped up and started screaming!! Woooooooooooooooo!!…………..I knew it was over before the last few strikes were landed. Simply amazing! Can’t wait for more STRIKEFORCE!

• Niv says:

I know everyone is a little ticked about Rogers attitude, I personally thought he could have been a better sportsman but it wasn’t over the top.

What Rogers proved was that he is a legitimate HW fighter, but at this point there really is no answer for what Fedor does. Let’s face it he got his nose busted with a jab and it didn’t faze him, he gets clocked with a few bombs flush while on his back, still unfazed, and then ko’s the guy with a bomb from hell.

That’s what Fedor is all about he finishes fights, he never gets excited and no matter how things look like they’re going he keeps analyzing and waiting for a cue to hurt, I loved it!

Sokou looked very good until he got thumped by Mousasi, the only fight that disappointed a bit was Shields and Miller. Shields did well controlling the action but never did anything to damage Miller, nevertheless it had some good moments and it’s a shame that Miller ran out of time when he had that rear naked choke locked in.

Overall a great card, I look forward to the next one.

• edub says:

Awesome just awesome. I was wrong about both Silva and Sokoudjou. Great fights though. Soko and mousasi has some great transitions and Soko showed u should never clinch with a high level judo player. Mousasi showed that he is a true fighter and I cant wait to see him in action again(Hopefully he got paid well). Silva and Werdum were great too. Both showed good skill, but I dont think either proves to be worthy to go up against Fedor. Werdum still should get the next chance.

Good job to the fighters on putting out good fights for the fans. God I love alcohol.

“Anybody ever here of a hanging Chad… where the fuck am I?” – Ari gold

• king mah mah says:

Fedor is incredible! After getting his nose broken, he never flinched!! Simply amazing! I just have one wish after that fight…………………. I WISH I WAS RUSSIAN!!!!! LOL!!!!

• submit662266 says:

WWWHHOOAAA!! That was awesome!! Most electrifying fighter in MMA, past or present: Fedor. Hands down. That was incredible!!

He was under incredible pressure, was in danger of being finished, and found a way out. Fedor’s hands are HEAVY!!

Brett, you did much better than two former UFC champs. You made a good showing. But man up and admit that he just beat the s#$% out of you.

• 40oz says:

you dick riders…oooh fedor got hit and he won, were you been. thats his MO. thanks for catching up, what was you to busy on myspace to notice the years before…if you dont know shit dont type it…

• Connor Cobain says:

Well I must say Fedor is a beast but he did loose the first round and Rogers did a hell of a good job. First time ive watched Mousasi live and I must say that guy needs to come to the UFC to feel REEL compition. He would get HAMMERED. So all in all I must say thank you Strikeforce for putting sieriously your only good fights all on one card. Oh and people how can you think this is any compition with the UFC.

• sides666 says:

i have to say fedor beat rogers in impressive fashion but i must also say rogers is an absolute nobody and fedor should have won fedor will always look good when fighting bums like rogers or rejects from the ufc maybe someday he will man up and come to face real competition you know where all the greatest fighters are right now. highly doubtful fagdor will stay where he can play it safe.

• bigbadjohn says:

respect to brett. he looked pretty composed in the first round. didn’t it seem like a quick stoppage? fedor didn’t connect with a single punch on the ground after that big stand up right. not that I think brett would have won regardless

• submit662266 says:

“were you been. thats his MO. thanks for catching up, what was you to busy. . .”

That post was painful to read!!

Hey 40, it would help us all understand your post if you followed at least SOME of the grammatical rules of writing a sentence in English.

The bottom line is Fedor was in deep trouble, he scrambled, miraculously escaped (though he made it look easy), and put a beat-down on Rogers. And he looked cool, calm, and collected through it all. Simply incredible.

• submit662266 says:

Fedor deserved the shot at the belt the second he signed the S.F. contract, but his next fight should be for the title. I don’t know why the commentators were fishing for a re-match (Walter from the Big L thinks they’re a bunch of “fu_ _ ing amateurs!”), but Brett needs to beat a couple guys before he gets another shot.

• Rich S. says:

I felt so strongly that Rogers was going to win tonight..
    Not because he deserves it, or because he’s as good as Fedor, I just had a feeling..
    Either way, now that it’s all said and done, I’m FINALLY impressed with Brett Rogers..

Before tonight I saw him as a wild slugger that got his wins ONLY because of his hands being heavy, and his opponents being dumb..

In other news:

Gegard is still an absolute freak of nature.
    Shields and Miller are both amazing.
    The better Soko’s opponent, the better he performs.
    Werdum is a trooper.
    And the commentators are still very annoying..

• diceman says:

And so the legend continues.

No worries about Fedor being marketable to US fans; his last three victories have been nothing but spectacular. Everyone talks about shy demeanor and inability to speak english as a big hinderance, I disagree, I think it adds to the mystique that is currently surrounds him. Depending on the Nielsen ratings for the program, this fight alone could significantly bolster his popularity in the states.

And Rogers is no bum. That guy is legit, and I was one of those guys who was doubting him before. His ground defense was WAY better than I thought it was going to be. Most guys in Fedor’s guard get caught with that armbar (Coleman, Hong-Man, Lindland). He is an enormous guy who has some of the heaviest hands in the sport and took an absolutely brutal shot but didn’t go completely out. Arlovski would have been pronounced dead if he got caught flush with a shot like that.

Hopefully Overeem is next. Probably the biggest threat to Fedor in Strikeforce. Not only is he big but he is quite agile which I think could give Fedor some problems.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

To the Rogers haters,
    I think he was angry with himself,feeling like he came so close to winning.
    He said nothing negative towards Fedor,he just didn’t praise him in the moment.
    Being angry at yourself might do that.
    Is he EXPECTED to say gracious things about Fedor after a fight like that?

I tells ya, he’s more angry with himself than with anything else.

Gus Johnson was too much heavy handed on the mic during the postfight interview with Fedor.
    After commenting on how awesome he was during the fight,I wanted Fedor to crush him after Gus took the mic away at the end.
    YES WE HAVE THE BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD,AND HE WINS, BUT WE WON”T LET HIM TALK TOO MUCH ON THE MIC…..bad move by Gus Johnson and /or Strikeforce.
    One of the best things about MMA especially from the Pride and Dreams world,is to just give the mic over to the fighter.
    There’s no need to have someone ask me a question like ,”What were you thinking when…”
    after I’ve just kicked yer ass.
    Give me the fucking mic and turn me loose so’s I can tell the fans how awesome they are and how awesome I am….

• Karman says:

Strikeforce but together a great card of fights. But, there was one thing that was missing. A “Hype Man” to sell the next card. A Don King or Dana White, someone that could have told the world that they just witness the “greatest card of fighters ever assembled”. Someone that could have sold the Fedor vs. the champion Alistair Overeem in January. Someone that could have told the world that in the 60’s and 70’s the world had Muhammad Ali as the baddest man on the planet. But today, we have Fedor Emelianenko as truly the greatest MMA fight of all-times and he is fighting for Strikeforce. You can search the world from Minnesota to China and not find a better fight in the world. Alistair Overeem should have been at ringside with a couple of closeup shots of his mug. He should have entered the ring after the fight taking trash about the fact that he is the Champion and not Fedor. “He would have knocked out both of these guys tonight.” Another reason you need a “Hype Man” is because Fedor doesn’t speak english. So you need someone to let the world know you are witnessing history with ever fight. With the next card that’s on Dec. 19, I would have started the debate that Cung Le is the greatest 185 lb. fighter in the world. He would knockout any American or Brazilian in the world. There is not another man in the world that has ever defeated him. Strikeforce is where you will see the ULTIMATE CHAMPIONS!

• Fedor just knows how to win.

I guess that’s how I would describe the pound 4 pound Emperor.

Anderson Silva and St. Pierre looks sharper and Brock is more intimidating BUT There’s JUST SOMETHING ABOUT FEDOR. I guess he’s more analytical than everyone while effortlessly flowing in the moment in every fight adapting to his opponents and the situation.

From each fight after Pride, Fedor is not only fighting opponents who are not afraid of him now (Arlovski and Brett were not afraid of him and fighters now will always say Fedor has holes in this and that etc. that they will expose) but he’s also fighting the laws of probability like the Patriots did in the 2007 Super Bowl.

It will be a great accomplishment if Fedor can keep his win streak going until he retires. IF anyone can do it, I will not be surprised if he’s the one.

• JOEgun says:

I agree with you Dr. Stoppage. I believe Rogers was simply very emotional losing the way he did. He lost for the first time in his MMA career and he really really wanted to beat Fedor and felt he was so close to finishing him at one point. Rogers had every reason to be as emotional as he was but if he wouldve have been able to contain it better im sure he wouldve chose better words to express his loss.
    And thanks for pointing out how Gus Johnson didnt let Fedor say something and turned away with the mic. I hated that! I dont care if i dont understand Russian, LET THE CHAMP SPEAK WHAT HE WANTS TO SAY !! I mean c’mon! I’d like to think the fans would like to listen to their champion speak even if they may not be sure what he is saying, and we can get most of it translated anyway. It just appears rude and i would change that if i could.
    Cant wait to see Fedor or Brett compete again! not necesarily against each other but they are both exciting fighters, i just wish Strikeforce had a bigger and better stable of heavyweight fighters.

• neijia says:

Dr. Stoppage yes. But it probably wasn’t just Gus, but CBS trying to end it. You wouldn’t shut up Tyler Hansborough after UNC wins March Madness or Tiger Woods after winning the US Open would you…

• neijia says:

liamgillis08: This is ridiculous. Fedor looked more vulnerable then ever. He clearly struggled with the size and power of Brett Rogers. If anything… Fedor’s aura of invincibilily is gone. How would he do consistently against the behemoth wrestlers in the UFC is a more relevant question than ever before

True Fedor does look human. He looked human losing on points to Arlovski til Bam. It’s how he plays out of the rough that makes him Fedor, though… the same kind of thing that makes Tiger Woods beloved as the world’s best golfer. A big jab landing (Fedor kind of threw at the exact same time but straight line does in fact beat curved line between two points) and the gnp would finish a lot of good guys.

Except for the lack of class at the interview, Rogers is looking impressive. Putting Fedor in a spot of trouble looks good on your resume.

Congrats, Strikeforce. Great card, great job.

• MMApride19 says:

Rich S.: I felt so strongly that Rogers was going to win tonight..
    But, he was far more technical tonight.. And I’ll be honest, I thought as soon as it went to the ground that armbar was going to get locked in, but he used his sheer size and power to escape all of the submissions..With that said, Fedor looked horrible (compared to previous performances) in the cage.. He seemed to get tired faster than I’ve ever seen him get tired, and I honestly thought it was over when he was getting pounded in the first round..
    He’s fought far bigger and stronger guys than Rogers, so I don’t see that being the reason behind his performance..In other news:Gegard is still an absolute freak of nature.
    Shields and Miller are both amazing.
    The better Soko’s opponent, the better he performs.
    Werdum is a trooper.
    And the commentators are still very annoying..

Hmm, i expected him to look slightly worse than normal, everyones first fight in the octagon/cage is always worse than there average performance. It was actuallly his first fight EVER in the cage. So its expected for him to be a bit rusty. However… he still schooled Rogers i thought.

I mean… yeh Rogers landed some big shots, especially on the ground, however, not once did Fedor look hurt, or slightly rocked. He looked calm and collected as always. Before the KO, he was also beating Rogers in the stand up aswell, as i predicted. Fedor has underrated speed, not many people give his stand up the credit it deserves, he was throwing Rogers about, rocking Rogers with big shots, and controlling him from the top position. Whilst not technicaly brilliant, his speed and power matched with his accuracy is seriously good for a HW fighter. In fact i think its un matched. He did appear to be a little tired compared to usual aswell, his gas tank is usually untouched until after 12 – 15 minutes. But, im putting that solely down to the fact he suffered a broken nose within the first exchange…. and if u have ever had a broken nose.. you know how difficult it s to breath through your nose, and also how difficult it is to just fight with a broken nose (however its fedor.. he probebly didnt even feel the pain). Also coupled with the fact it was his first fight in the cage.

Whilst an impressive performance by Fedor, and an impressive first win in the cage over a dangerous opponent, the only fighter in strikeforce i really want to se him fight is Alistair Overeem. Overeem is proving to be a huge force as a HW, and Fedors only real challange (even though im slightly suspicious to how he got so big lol, but we wont brng that into it). So IMO, this is Fedors only realy challenge in strikeforces HW division. I do think Werdum would put up a good fight, but not enough to really challenge Fedor, And i think Fedor would just KO him quite comfortably. The rest of the top HW’s are in UFC, so we will have to wait and se what Fedor decides in the future.

• Angry Mike says:

It was an entertaining fight, and Rogers was more competitive than I thought he’d be. He smartly pressed Fedor against the cage, using his weight and upper body strength to pin Fedor. He hurt Fedor with the jab that probably broke Fedor’s nose, and powered out of submission attempts. Then in the second round he had his hands too low, and something about his footwork telegraphed a punch. Fedor saw it (and said something about it in the interview after the fight, but it didn’t get translated very well, unfortunately) and got off the overhand right first. Fedor saw and exploited a hole in Rogers’ game, but Rogers was understandably upset because he gave that opening to Fedor. How would Fedor do against a huge wrestler like Velazquez or Lesnar in a cage? I’d sure like to see it.

• BigDave says:

Everyone is saying how good Rogers looked. Were they watching the same fight i was? He cut Fedors nose with a jab but it was the glove finger hole scraping across the nose that actually caused the cut. When he had Fedor on his back he landed 3 of 8 punches and only one flush. Fedor had rogers buckled in the first round and just missed the armbar but easly saw that looping shot and nearly knocked rogers head clean off. Rogers had no buisness being in the ring with Fedor and it was very clear from the start.

Rogers obviously went to the BJ Penn school of Whiny bitch with his post fight interview.

Now Fedor needs to pound on Overeem then go to the UFC where Cain velasques will run him over.

• neijia says:

BigDave: Everyone is saying how good Rogers looked. Were they watching the same fight i was? He cut Fedors nose with a jab but it was the glove finger hole scraping across the nose that actually caused the cut. When he had Fedor on his back he landed 3 of 8 punches and only one flush.

Dang you have a good eye. From one camera angle it looked like a good stiff jab in any case – couldn’t tell where the cut came from. Does seem like fabric could do it, but no way I could really tell. I couldn’t tell which gnp punches landed from Rogers, either, but can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Fedor taking some of his own gnp (of course his escaping is great) and thinking “hmm Fedor is in a jam here”.

Fedor takes the initiative like no one else and swings for the fences every time. The thing I love about him is he looks doughy and looks down like some kind of meek little kid in trouble during the staredown then he comes out 100% electrifyingly BAM. Commentary on twitter last night showed that the “casual fans” now have some awareness of why we love him.

BigDave:

lol, great line. Rogers upset about giving an opening? He is not an elite enough mma athlete to where making sure he has zero holes in his defense is the issue. Acting like he somehow lost by messing up, and Fedor didn’t pull off a Fedor-style win is simply ridiculous. That would be like BJ Penn saying he screwed up against GSP and it wasn’t that GSP executed his plan perfectly. Or like Forrest Griffin saying he somehow screwed up and gave Anderson Silva too many openings. Except more ridiculous.

• diceman says:

Been seeing a lot people suggesting that Fedor would struggle against wrestlers like Cain or Lesnar.

I have actually always thought the opposite; Fedor loves to fight wrestlers because he has their number. Guys like Cain and Lesnar simply don’t have to ground game to hang with him for any extended period of time down there. Staying in his guard is suicide, very few survive it. And neither of those two guys have the stand-up to hurt him.

With that said I think Lesnar has a much better shot than Cain (whats with all these people hopping on his bandwagon recently. I don’t think beating Ben Rothwell justifies all this hype) because of his size.

• Rich S. says:

diceman: I think the chances of a good striker with quick hand speed in beating Fedor are much better than that of a wrestler (who is what? going to pound him out? that seems like toughest way to go about beating him)

Well, that’s obvious.. After all, Arlovski and Rogers both beat him up pretty good..
    But, at the same time, Fedor won both of those fights by knockout..

• Iconoclastic says:

IMO Best HVYWGT fight since Nog vs Cro Cop. This fight could’ve been on Affliction 3. If only they could’ve kept their shit together. With the best fighter p4p (Fedor), Mousasi, who is looking like one of the top in his division and Vitor Belfort who has always been one of the most exciting (when his mind is right). Affliction would definitely be making noise right now. They must be feeling pretty good about themselves right now………………………..

• neijia says:

Good article and video from NY Combat Sambo club explains the Sambo Casting (think fishing casting motion) punch that Fedor uses:

• Niv says:

neijia, funny I just saw that video about a week and a half ago. That’s an amazing punch but I wouldn’t want to try it in a real life scenario that’s definitely something for a guy of Fedor’s calibre to use, and use it well he does.

• Niv says:

Rich S I don’t know if I can agree that Arlovski and Rogers beat Fedor up good.

I think Rogers still lost that 1st round even though he had some very good moments and landed some huge shots, and Arlovski was doing very well in his fight but I wouldn’t call that beating Fedor up.

I saw an interview on tv with Big John McCarthy earlier in the week and he talked about the Fedor vs Arlovski fight as he ref’d that fight as well. He said he really has no idea what fans are talking about when they say that Arlovski was hurting Fedor, he said at no point in that fight did he see Fedor hurt or in trouble. What he did see was that Fedor was being frustrated with the angles Arlovski was giving him and was having some trouble figuring out how to get to him.

That in itself means nothing to me and in a five round fight I would be more than surprised if Fedor wouldn’t figure out how to get to you. If you listened to the interpreter last night Fedor said he saw Rogers make a mistake with his feet and bam he knocked him out!

I really see no holes in this guys game, he’s as strong as anyone, he’s more skilled than anyone, he’s probably the biggest hitter in the game, but what sets him apart is his smarts and his real time fight analysis.

Fedor will lose when he gives up on training and is completely bored with this game, as long as he feels a challenge I don’t see him losing.

• elkymbo says:

It is AWESOME to finally see a fight organization that can compete with the UFC . I’m sick of listening to Dana White crap on about how great his company is and how shit everything other than the UFC is. This can only make the sport better because after all there’s nothing wrong with a little healthy competition right? Long live MMA!

• GassedOut says:

I’m in agreement with the folks that say Fedor wasn’t in trouble with that GNP. He got hit something like 4 times (I could back it up and count in slow motion, though it was hardly necessary), and only one of those (the second one I think) was flush. He escaped most damage, and almost got the armbar he is so famous for.

I was wrong about the outcome…I had Fedor by 1st round submission. I’m happy wth round 2 KO though.

• Angry Mike says:

Great link, neijia.

• Dachman says:

I thought Fedor looked like Fedor he was aggressive looking to finish fast which means he will take some damage. I didnt expect a standing knockout but regardless I feel Rogers would have gassed out the next time Fedor took him down and a submission would have been coming soon after.

The one upside for the UFC is that if Fedor remains unbeaten by the next time his contract is up, SF has just taken care of all of the the marketing for Fedor moving over to the UFC for a matchup against the UFC champ at the time Lesnar, Carwin, Cain……… This will help Dana justify the big paycheck he will have to give Fedor.

• diceman says:

Rich S.: dicem

Um, I don’t know if I would say that Arlovski “beat him up”. He seemed to be doing well, but like Josh Gross said in a radio show, if you re-watch the fight Arlovski wasn’t really damaging him.

Did he really land that many strikes? Fedor’s face looked fine after the fight and his skin is made of tissue paper.

• neijia says:

Niv, agreed with everything you said above, especially:

I find it incredible he can be throwing power punches, throws, and subs almost non-stop and the whole time he is picking up information and analyzing his opponent. I’m not sure who out there has better instant “reading” ability of opponents. It’s dumbfounding to me. I wish in the post-fight interview, he could’ve gone into more depth on what else he saw going on (but then that is not a good idea to get into too much, especially if there would ever really be a rematch). He may be the only mma fighter who’s achieved “mushin” (no mind).